Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What draft pics could we get for Rice / Kelly?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

: November 09, 2006, 02:31:38 PM

Kelly is gone and you will have to come to grips with it. :o :o :o

I don't agree with that. He's still extremely important to have on this team. One of the main reasons our defense isn't playing well is because BK is not in there. He's one helluva good corner.

Wise man Java is. We should all listen to him more often. Most questions we have with our life or with the Bucs could all be answered if you pay attention.

coopsxx

Starter
#1 : November 08, 2006, 07:44:56 PM

Just curious, could we get a 2nd like we did for booger?

i cant see us getting higher than a 3rd considering, there age, there production and that there will be other options available to any team interested after the season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 08, 2006, 07:45:55 PM

Rice at this point may net you a 3rd.  Kelly possibly a 5th rounder.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#3 : November 08, 2006, 07:47:29 PM

Weird how we would only get a third for Rice, yet we got a 2nd for Booger..

coopsxx

Starter
#4 : November 08, 2006, 07:55:01 PM

not really since booger is younger, and its all about the timing, and the colts desperation.

whats amazing is that he might be playing on an undefeated team,

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 08, 2006, 08:20:50 PM

This is sooo stupid as why the hell would we trade Brian Kelly???!!!!  Do you not pay any attention to football period - Brian Kelly is one of out most important players on defense.  He is my opinion is much more valuable that Ronde and the last two times we have lost him due to injury it is killed us.  Simeon has done nothing and if we can get something for him trade him but BK is our best corner and normally plays the playmaker of the other team.  I am tired of seeing Ronde get beat and all this and all that about Ronde - Ronde is a good player but he also has the freedom to free lance more than most CB's so playing the slot and being able to blitz and play the weaker WR has helped Ronde more than one would understand.  Ronde is not out shut down corner like BK is and if you don't believe it look what he did aganst Drew Brees in game one and look what Drew did to us last weekend.  Stop the BK thing as it is just STUPID.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : November 08, 2006, 08:23:20 PM

not really since booger is younger, and its all about the timing, and the colts desperation.

whats amazing is that he might be playing on an undefeated team,

If the Colts don't choke and actually win the SB this year, it will be a crying shame that a guy like Booger who gets basically fired from here because he was lazy and didn't produce, will end up with TWO SB rings. I'm sick just thinking about it

coopsxx

Starter
#7 : November 08, 2006, 09:06:21 PM

This is sooo stupid as why the hell would we trade Brian Kelly???!!!!  Do you not pay any attention to football period - Brian Kelly is one of out most important players on defense.  He is my opinion is much more valuable that Ronde and the last two times we have lost him due to injury it is killed us.  Simeon has done nothing and if we can get something for him trade him but BK is our best corner and normally plays the playmaker of the other team.  I am tired of seeing Ronde get beat and all this and all that about Ronde - Ronde is a good player but he also has the freedom to free lance more than most CB's so playing the slot and being able to blitz and play the weaker WR has helped Ronde more than one would understand.  Ronde is not out shut down corner like BK is and if you don't believe it look what he did aganst Drew Brees in game one and look what Drew did to us last weekend.  Stop the BK thing as it is just STUPID.

First of all i never said we should trade him. When healthy he has been the best pure corner on out team, perhaps ever. However he has a degenerative toe injury, he is over 30 has one year on his contracted left.

and most importantly we were trying to trade him, Nate Clements will probably be a FA and we are well known to be interested in him and have the money to make a run, so it is a legitimate question.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 08, 2006, 09:10:07 PM

Don't be surprised if he's gone.  He wants big $$ and while he may have the skills to demand that he doesn't have the health.  If we decide to do a major remodel of the D, his cost might be too much for a unit we won't expect too much from...

Orangegone1

Starter

#9 : November 08, 2006, 09:13:46 PM

This is sooo stupid as why the hell would we trade Brian Kelly???!!!! Do you not pay any attention to football period - Brian Kelly is one of out most important players on defense. He is my opinion is much more valuable that Ronde and the last two times we have lost him due to injury it is killed us. Simeon has done nothing and if we can get something for him trade him but BK is our best corner and normally plays the playmaker of the other team. I am tired of seeing Ronde get beat and all this and all that about Ronde - Ronde is a good player but he also has the freedom to free lance more than most CB's so playing the slot and being able to blitz and play the weaker WR has helped Ronde more than one would understand. Ronde is not out shut down corner like BK is and if you don't believe it look what he did aganst Drew Brees in game one and look what Drew did to us last weekend. Stop the BK thing as it is just STUPID.
Totally agree. He has 2 years left on his contract and if healthy, we should keep him. There is no one as important to our defence. I still would like to see an CB taken high though because of the age of our corners.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 08, 2006, 10:02:07 PM

Kelly is gone and you will have to come to grips with it.   :o :o :o

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 08, 2006, 10:02:54 PM

a 2nd from the colts is almost like a low 3rd.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 08, 2006, 10:07:38 PM

Kelly is gone and you will have to come to grips with it. :o :o :o

I don't agree with that.   He's still extremely important to have on this team.   One of the main reasons our defense isn't playing well is because BK is not in there.   He's one helluva good corner.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 08, 2006, 10:11:34 PM

The chances that Kelly is a Bucs next year are slim.   :( :

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : November 09, 2006, 01:02:33 PM

This is sooo stupid as why the hell would we trade Brian Kelly???!!!! Do you not pay any attention to football period - Brian Kelly is one of out most important players on defense.  He is my opinion is much more valuable that Ronde and the last two times we have lost him due to injury it is killed us.  Simeon has done nothing and if we can get something for him trade him but BK is our best corner and normally plays the playmaker of the other team.  I am tired of seeing Ronde get beat and all this and all that about Ronde - Ronde is a good player but he also has the freedom to free lance more than most CB's so playing the slot and being able to blitz and play the weaker WR has helped Ronde more than one would understand.  Ronde is not out shut down corner like BK is and if you don't believe it look what he did aganst Drew Brees in game one and look what Drew did to us last weekend.  Stop the BK thing as it is just STUPID.
Why would anyone want to give us anything for Brian Kelly? His career may be over. Degerative toe condition for a cornerback is a career ender. He may come back, but he'll never be the same, and he'll be a frequent visitor to the Injured List. Which makes signing a good FA CB a major priority this offseason.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What draft pics could we get for Rice / Kelly?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools