Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What draft pics could we get for Rice / Kelly?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 09, 2006, 03:07:45 PM

We could get a late 2nd or early to mid 3rd for Rice IMHO if the right team is available. Keep in mind there is the potiential for some big name FA DE's to be available. Kelly, not sure, for the right team he would garner a 3rd I think.

Baghead #2

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#16 : November 09, 2006, 05:41:20 PM

I wonder which draft picks WE could get for Gruden?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 09, 2006, 06:07:20 PM

Depending on the situation I bet we can get a 1st rounder for Rice and a 3rd for Kelly. I would say a 2nd if he was completely healthy. I don't know for certain how many years he has left on his contract, someone in this thread said one, so I will assume that is true. That means he is well aware that he is now in the correct time frame to start negotiating with Bruce on a new deal. He knows it is probably going to be his last big contract, if not his last contract period, so he is going to do all he can to make it as large as possible. Knowing this, I wouldn't be too upset if we decided to trade him. He has maybe 2-3 good years left in him, provided the toe problem can be controlled, and that's not going to be enough production for the amount I believe he will probably ask for. For the good of the franchise I would rather us throw some money at a FA corner who is younger such as Clements, or use a premium draft pick on one and throw him in as a starter in his rookie year.

We finally have cap space AND all of our picks to work with for once. I'd rather the resources be used on players who will be here for the next 5-8 years rather than on an aging corner with a toe problem.

Orangegone1

Starter

#18 : November 09, 2006, 10:29:36 PM

Depending on the situation I bet we can get a 1st rounder for Rice and a 3rd for Kelly. I would say a 2nd if he was completely healthy. I don't know for certain how many years he has left on his contract, someone in this thread said one, so I will assume that is true. That means he is well aware that he is now in the correct time frame to start negotiating with Bruce on a new deal. He knows it is probably going to be his last big contract, if not his last contract period, so he is going to do all he can to make it as large as possible. Knowing this, I wouldn't be too upset if we decided to trade him. He has maybe 2-3 good years left in him, provided the toe problem can be controlled, and that's not going to be enough production for the amount I believe he will probably ask for. For the good of the franchise I would rather us throw some money at a FA corner who is younger such as Clements, or use a premium draft pick on one and throw him in as a starter in his rookie year.

We finally have cap space AND all of our picks to work with for once. I'd rather the resources be used on players who will be here for the next 5-8 years rather than on an aging corner with a toe problem.
I still don't understand giving up on Kelly. You could pay Clements 3 times the money as Kelly and he's probably not as good. He is younger and that's it. It all depends on Kelly's health. The same doctor at UCLA that operated on Shaq's toe performed Kellys surgery. They say it takes 3 months to heal. Didn't Shaq win a championship last year and he's 350lbs running on his surgically repaired toe. Kelly is at a reasonable salary. Draft another corner in the first few rounds and the 9M or more for Clements can be spent on the OL,DL and S. That makes much more sense to me.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : November 10, 2006, 01:03:51 AM

I still don't understand giving up on Kelly. You could pay Clements 3 times the money as Kelly and he's probably not as good. He is younger and that's it. It all depends on Kelly's health. The same doctor at UCLA that operated on Shaq's toe performed Kellys surgery. They say it takes 3 months to heal. Didn't Shaq win a championship last year and he's 350lbs running on his surgically repaired toe. Kelly is at a reasonable salary. Draft another corner in the first few rounds and the 9M or more for Clements can be spent on the OL,DL and S. That makes much more sense to me.
That's the positive way to look at it.

Also, I'm not familiar with Shaq's injury...was it degenerative?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#20 : November 10, 2006, 03:47:49 AM

A 1st for Rice? Not with his age and the season he's having, not a chance.

I still don't understand giving up on Kelly. You could pay Clements 3 times the money as Kelly and he's probably not as good. He is younger and that's it.

Have you watched Nate Clements? He's easily better than Kelly and doesn't have the injury questions surrounding him.

Orangegone1

Starter

#21 : November 10, 2006, 01:09:15 PM

A 1st for Rice? Not with his age and the season he's having, not a chance.

I still don't understand giving up on Kelly. You could pay Clements 3 times the money as Kelly and he's probably not as good. He is younger and that's it.

Have you watched Nate Clements? He's easily better than Kelly and doesn't have the injury questions surrounding him.
Not everybody holds him in high esteem like you do.
http://bills.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/16/overpaid-player-of-the-week-nate-clements/

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 10, 2006, 01:15:54 PM

I'm not really high on Clements either. He is tough but he is far from shutdown. The BUCS may feel that he would fit in the zone schemes we run though, and maybe he would. He def has some good skills but if he thinks he is a top 5 corner I would disagree with that assesment. CB to me is not a huge priority, DT, DE, OLB and safety are. We could keep kelly and make other plans but if we could dump kelly for a pick a 3rd and be able to get clements I wouldn't oppose. We have the cap space no question about it and getting another 3rd round pick would be big. That would give us 2 2nd round and 2 3rd picks, would be nice.

Baghead #2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 10, 2006, 03:03:13 PM

a 2nd from the colts is almost like a low 3rd.

How the hell do you figure that? If anything it's like a high 3rd because they will most likely be in the latter part of the second round. I don't get how you figure the talent the Bucs will get with that second round pick will be the equivalent of a pick in the latter portion of the third round.

[banghead]

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#24 : November 10, 2006, 04:06:02 PM

i think we could deal rice for a 2nd, but only if his health was to improve drastically, if not i say 3rd, for kelly a 3rd at best because of injury issues, most likely a 4th rounder for kelly tho, which is fine by me, good players pop up from all over the draft, like Colston, Jennings, mark anderson type players for example

whatever we do i hope rice is gone, thats alot of cap space to be clearing

TDTB

Second String

#25 : November 10, 2006, 04:24:35 PM

There's always teams who want a good pass rusher (which people might buy that Rice still is) so we could probably get a 2nd rounder from a team on the playoff precipice.

Kelly's hurt we ain't getting squat for him right now.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#26 : November 11, 2006, 07:38:33 AM

Not everybody holds him in high esteem like you do.
http://bills.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/16/overpaid-player-of-the-week-nate-clements/

Wow. Clements isn't as good as some make him out to be, but he's much better than the Brian Kelly we saw this year and the Brian Kelly we're likely to see down the line. Posting a blog to back up an opinion? Yawn....

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 11, 2006, 09:24:21 AM

I think a 4th is the best we can get for either.  If Rice comes back strong at the end of the season I might change my mind, but I doubt it. Both have had their injury troubles so I don't see higher than a 4th.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 11, 2006, 10:23:43 AM

A second is too high and a fourth is too low.  Most likely a third is the best bet.  Considering Freeney has yet to light it up Rice's value is somewhat there still.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : November 11, 2006, 12:55:49 PM

i think we could deal rice for a 2nd, but only if his health was to improve drastically, if not i say 3rd, for kelly a 3rd at best because of injury issues, most likely a 4th rounder for kelly tho, which is fine by me, good players pop up from all over the draft, like Colston, Jennings, mark anderson type players for example

whatever we do i hope rice is gone, thats alot of cap space to be clearing
Hey...your dog could dig a whole in your back yard to bury his pile of crap and find gold too. It has happened. You do realize hundreds of late round picks have never even played in an NFL regular season game right? I for one am not the type to sit around and cross my fingers and hope for the next Colston.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What draft pics could we get for Rice / Kelly?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools