Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF, Don't get too hypedl it's time to focus... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

: September 09, 2007, 01:44:58 AM

The Auburn game was what looked like the biggest game of the season. Now every game is the biggest game because you've just entered the top 25. Lets stay focused and run the table. Remember, in order to win the national championship at USF you have to win them all. ESPN play of the day, which is a USF play, doesn't get it done. Celebrate and lets finish it off. Watch out for Mike Ford and Groshe as the next Lienart/Bush!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 09, 2007, 02:16:26 AM

USF should have won that game in regulation if not for the FG kicker.

#2 : September 09, 2007, 02:38:25 AM

LOL.  If you are going to pimp a player, at least get his name right.  It's Grothe, not Groshe...

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 09, 2007, 07:20:34 AM

Congrats to Jim Levit and all at USF for the win, Keep up the good work...OBD

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 09, 2007, 12:46:57 PM

USF should have won that game in regulation if not for the FG kicker.
But they got to OT because of a clutch kick. It's too easy to lay it all on him ... 1st and goal on the 2, you should score a TD. Stupid penalties contributed to AU's scores. Blame enough to go around for not winning in reg.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 09, 2007, 08:18:45 PM

The kicker sucked BBB.  No way to sugar coat it. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 09, 2007, 08:40:32 PM

The kicker sucked BBB.  No way to sugar coat it. 
Sorry, Olaf, he missed some kicks last night but can you imagine the pressure he had on the one he made with under a minute left in the game? He'd already missed from almost the same spot, the players were pissed at CJL for not going for it, biggest game in our short history .... and if he misses it, the loss would then, definitely, be squarely on his shoulders.  I have a hard time saying that someone who came through like that sucked ....

He had a pretty good night punting, too.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 09, 2007, 09:02:07 PM

He's a better punter no doubt, but he sucked at kicking last night.  There wouldn't have been a final kick to make if he didn't miss four others that should have been made.  He gets all the credit in the world for making the last one, but that doesn't mean he didn't suck in missing the other four.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 09, 2007, 09:37:16 PM

He's a better punter no doubt, but he sucked at kicking last night.  There wouldn't have been a final kick to make if he didn't miss four others that should have been made.  He gets all the credit in the world for making the last one, but that doesn't mean he didn't suck in missing the other four.

He definitely sucked up to that point, for the most part, but I've just got to give him a ton of credit for making that last one under the circumstances...

I think Teachey has kicked fg's in the past so maybe they'll give him a try again since he was just given a schollie ... He did a great job on the kick-offs, I think.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 10, 2007, 11:00:25 AM

I couldn't understand why Teachey wasn't sent out there after the first two misses, let alone the third.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 10, 2007, 12:22:26 PM

I couldn't understand why Teachey wasn't sent out there after the first two misses, let alone the third.

Two out of his first three attempts were blocked ....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 10, 2007, 01:27:17 PM

1 attempt was blocked (his third) and that was because it was a terribly low kick. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 10, 2007, 03:57:35 PM

1 attempt was blocked (his third) and that was because it was a terribly low kick. 
The wounded duck was nicked also ...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 10, 2007, 04:28:42 PM

If it was nicked, it was by a fan in the third row.  Either way the missed kicks were awful.  But he made the last one and we won so that is the most important thing.  Hopefully it won't come down to a FG at any point later in the season.  I'm fairly certain Teachey will get some extra work on FGs this week and next.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 12, 2007, 10:45:47 AM

I don't think the kick that went 30 miles left was ever touched.  He did a poor job of kicking and has been known to go through stretches like that. 

When the O failed to score from the 2 that was huge but the ball never should have been placed at the two because the INT was clearly taken to the house. Why have instant replay if you are not going to use it.  Levitt gave them plenty of time to look at the play.  I think this showed a little agenda from the bigs wanting the "big" program to win.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF, Don't get too hypedl it's time to focus... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools