Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF, Don't get too hypedl it's time to focus... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 12, 2007, 12:40:45 PM

IWhen the O failed to score from the 2 that was huge but the ball never should have been placed at the two because the INT was clearly taken to the house. Why have instant replay if you are not going to use it.  Levitt gave them plenty of time to look at the play.  I think this showed a little agenda from the bigs wanting the "big" program to win.

He stepped on the line about the 4 yd line ...

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 12, 2007, 12:58:45 PM

I must have missed it then.  I replayed the play on the TV and couldn't see it.  Maybe I needed to take my Green glasses off :)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 12, 2007, 01:53:52 PM

He stepped out.  What should have never happened was the off tackle runs instead of taking straight ahead 3 or 4 straight times.  They palyed to the strength of the Auburn defense by trying to go outside.  But hey we still won so we'll let that slide.

#18 : September 13, 2007, 12:23:41 AM

I think the team is completely focused and wont let up one bit because of the win over Auburn. I still think they will at best have 3 losses, and probably 1 turd of a game where they get beat by an underdog. Thats just where they;re at right now. Id say a 3 loss season, being very competitive within the conference against the big dogs, and national coverage along with a decent bowl game will be a good year for this program.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 13, 2007, 10:01:06 AM

I think that the Bulls being left out of the polls is one of the best things that could have happened.  This will get them angry heading into this weekends game and show them that they still have things to prove. 

The Bulls need to win big in the games they are supposed to instead of just winning.  Hopefully Levitt will unleash the team this weekedn instead of holding them back if they go up early. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 13, 2007, 11:09:30 AM

Win the Big East and BCS bowl and USF will win over much of the media.   That being said many still feel the Big East is a mediocre conference and will use USF's success to diminish the accomplishment. That is why they must win a BCS game.
If Auburn falls flat in the SEC that also will diminish the importance.  Personally, I think USF may be the best team in the State overall this year at this conjecture.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 13, 2007, 12:58:17 PM

It's not a good thing to be left out of the polls.  They're going out to recruit this weekend and it sure would be nice to be able to tell these guys hey we just knocked off Auburn on their home field AND we're ranked in the AP for the first time ever.  Instead of we're almost ranked.  The knock on the Big East nationally is the lack of defense.  USF doesn't have that problem.  Obviously a win in a BCS bowl changes everyone's outlook, but so does road wins against the likes of Auburn.  USF is better than FSU or Miami this year no doubt about it.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 13, 2007, 03:08:15 PM

I think that the Bulls being left out of the polls is one of the best things that could have happened.  This will get them angry heading into this weekends game and show them that they still have things to prove. 

Actually, there is no game this weekend and they probably will be ranked by the time they play UNC ..... Still the rankings are a joke at this stage of the season but if they're going to have them, we may as well be on there.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 13, 2007, 03:11:55 PM

Personally, I think USF may be the best team in the State overall this year at this conjecture.

That's just your anti-Gator bias shining through ...   ;)

I hate the Gators as much as the next guy but there's no way we're better that they are right now ... maybe if we had destroyed Elon to go along with the Auburn win but even then, i wouldn't have been 100% positive

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 13, 2007, 05:23:56 PM

Personally, I think USF may be the best team in the State overall this year at this conjecture.

That's just your anti-Gator bias shining through ... ;)

I hate the Gators as much as the next guy but there's no way we're better that they are right now ... maybe if we had destroyed Elon to go along with the Auburn win but even then, i wouldn't have been 100% positive

We're not better than the Gators.  Even if we beat Elon by 100 points, we wouldn't be able to claim to be better than the Gators at this point.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 14, 2007, 08:37:41 AM

Actually, there is no game this weekend and they probably will be ranked by the time they play UNC ..... Still the rankings are a joke at this stage of the season but if they're going to have them, we may as well be on there.

Well I guess I don't have to worry about going to the game saturday.  This will allow me to prepare for my first exams of the semester.  And to think I was getting ready to chear on the Bulls.  I had my weekends all mixed up!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#26 : October 06, 2007, 05:54:58 PM

Wow, FAU just drove down the field with ease to tie it up 14-14. USF looks like they're sleep walking out there, FAU is pumped up.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#27 : October 06, 2007, 05:45:13 PM

Nice drive by USF to open the 2nd half, just pounded it down the field, that's more like it. 14-7 Bulls. They better blow this thing open in the 2nd half now if they want to move up in the rankings...

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#28 : October 06, 2007, 05:12:31 PM

Now that Auburn has beaten Florida and are looking good it really shows just how big the USF win was. With Wisconsin's loss today, we are possibly looking at being top 5 soon.

USF needs to get their heads out their asses and beat FAU first. They are getting outplayed by FAU right now, it's 7-7at the half, USF has turned the ball over 3 times already and they're lucky FAU has missed 3 FGs... USF's offense is their weakness, they've never impressed me that much before, and they look pathetic today against FAU

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 06, 2007, 05:14:17 PM

You're right Zen.  It's embarassing at this point.  The coaching staff better get their heads out of their asses and wake these guys up at half time.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF, Don't get too hypedl it's time to focus... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools