Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF, Don't get too hypedl it's time to focus... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 06, 2007, 04:56:38 PM

Now that Auburn has beaten Florida and are looking good it really shows just how big the USF win was. With Wisconsin's loss today, we are possibly looking at being top 5 soon.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 06, 2007, 06:51:17 PM

28-23 USF and FAU is driving.  I think this is what you'd call a trap game.  USF needs to wake up NOW!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 06, 2007, 07:18:26 PM

They held on.  Even managed to make it a double digit win, but that didn't look good at all.  They have to hold onto the ball!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#33 : October 06, 2007, 07:22:03 PM

They held on.  Even managed to make it a double digit win, but that didn't look good at all.  They have to hold onto the ball!

Yeah they could have taken a knee to end the game there, but I guess they needed to make the win look better...They were VERY lucky, FAU could have easily won the game if things went their way, such as the questionable kick catch interference call.

Going back to last year, the Bulls offense has had a tendency to put the ball on the ground. They need to get their offense going if they want to be contenders. Honestly, with the way they played today, USF doesn't deserve to be in the top 10

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 06, 2007, 07:26:48 PM

They were lucky to get out of that one with the win.  I don't know if they were overlooking FAU or if FAU is better than some thought.  Maybe a bit of both. 

This should serve as a perfect reminder that you have to play at your level of excellence every week as a top 10 team and not mess around with the unranked opponents.  Being a top 10 team these unranked teams are just looking to make a name and knock you off.  USF had done it for a number of the past few season.#5 Wisconsin lost today, but we'll have to see if the Bulls' close win will cause them to drop a few instead of moving up. 

Not really much to celebrate, just a sigh of relief.  They better be ready for next week.  UCF is going to be a challenge.  Maybe this close one will get the Bulls refocused and out of the ranking hype.  That being said, I'm also excited for a Bulls win no matter the circumstance.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 06, 2007, 07:30:43 PM

It's typical after a big win the previous week you come out sluggish and sloppy the next week. That's football. FAU knew it and tried to jump on that.

That kind of a game USF had last week just drains a team emotionally and mentally.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 06, 2007, 07:32:08 PM

It's typical after a big win the previous week you come out sluggish and sloppy the next week. That's football. FAU knew it and tried to jump on that.

That kind of a game USF had last week just drains a team emotionally and mentally.

I agree.  The one thing I'm proud of them with this situation is that the were able to beat a team they should even though they didn't play well at all.  To fall into this type of trap game is bad, but to be able to right yourself enough to avoid disaster shows some team character. 

replica

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 06, 2007, 07:33:11 PM

They didn't show the game down here, I caught ESPN highlights. FAU had the ball driving with 2 minutes to go, what happened for USF to be able to score?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 06, 2007, 07:34:13 PM

On a milestone note, George Selvie has set the Bulls single season sack record today with his 10.5 sacks on the season.  Selvie has broken the single season record IN 5 GAMES!  The guy is a beast and is no where near done in the sack column this season.

He broke the previous record shared by Terrence Royal and Shurron Pierson (one of my favorite Bulls).

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#39 : October 06, 2007, 07:35:01 PM

They didn't show the game down here, I caught ESPN highlights. FAU had the ball driving with 2 minutes to go, what happened for USF to be able to score?

FAU failed to convert on a 4th down on their side of the field, USF took over and ran the ball in for a TD

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 06, 2007, 07:35:41 PM

It was only on ESPNU today as is next week's game vs. UCF. 

The Bulls got a TO on downs when FAU failed to convert a 4th deep in their own area.  The Bulls ran a few running plays with Ben Williams eventually scoring his 4th TD of the day. 

replica

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 06, 2007, 07:36:22 PM

Thanks for the update, no mercy there huh?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 06, 2007, 07:37:37 PM

Thanks for the update, no mercy there huh?

Not as a top 10 team and it's good to see the coaches understanding that.  As a top ranked team there is no poor etiquette in scoring as many points as you can in the style column, particularly on a day when the Bulls struggled and need all the positives they can in the voting.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 06, 2007, 07:48:30 PM

I was more worried about next week's game, but after today I'm not as worried.  This definitely should have woke them up and something tells me it won't be very pretty at practice next week.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 06, 2007, 08:04:10 PM

I was more worried about next week's game, but after today I'm not as worried.  This definitely should have woke them up and something tells me it won't be very pretty at practice next week.

I was more worried about this one, actually ..... biggest home game in fau history .... wily old coach .... roster full of Florida athletes ... scared the crap out of me.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF, Don't get too hypedl it's time to focus... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools