Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE - Win $100 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 14, 2006, 12:02:12 AM

Actually MJS, the BucsGuru, posted the first correct score of 24-10.  Does that make me the winner? 
All edited posts are null and void.

LOL....he worded that wrong didn't he.   ;D

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 14, 2006, 12:03:00 AM

Actually MJS, the BucsGuru, posted the first correct score of 24-10.  Does that make me the winner? 
All edited posts are null and void.

LOL....he worded that wrong didn't he.   ;D

why yes, yes he did!

lol

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#77 : November 14, 2006, 12:03:14 AM

Argh BlackBeard!!

#78 : November 14, 2006, 11:39:14 AM

whats the deal? i guess the score dead on 8)

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#79 : November 14, 2006, 02:37:03 PM

I guessed the score dead on as well, but I guessed first!  What were the odds of that happening?  The only people to guess dead on were the first two guesses!! 

#80 : November 14, 2006, 05:40:38 PM

Well thats why I looked at everyones predictions before I made mine. Didnt want to pick the same score as someone else. I guessed 23-9, pretty close

#81 : November 14, 2006, 05:53:45 PM

Well thats why I looked at everyones predictions before I made mine. Didnt want to pick the same score as someone else. I guessed 23-9, pretty close

But the first post was editted.  I looked at this thread soon after it was posted, and the original post already had an editted date AFTER the second post.

Ummm...this is a miscarriage of justice.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#82 : November 14, 2006, 06:09:08 PM

And you better tell them that edited posts are null and void.

I edited my original post to include the fact that edited posts would be null and void.  Boid Fink tipped me off to that and I added this to my original post on 11-10-06, three days before the game was played.  I win the contest over orionstar due to the fact that I was the FIRST to get the exact score correctly.  I never said in the post that I was not eligible to win.  I would have made myself not eligible if I could have had the game fixed and made the final score 24-10?! 
I would suggest posting another score for this Sundays game against the Skins under the thread: "WIN THE BUCCANEER LOST LOOT!"  I again posted my own prediction making myself once again eligible to win this contest as well; what's the odds of that happening???

#83 : November 14, 2006, 06:17:11 PM

i got ripped i feel like..

"Taking a page from DanTurksGhost, I would like to start another contest to be decided on Monday night in Charlotte. 
The person who comes closest to guessing the correct score of the Bucs vs Panthers game will receive $50.  If someone guesses the exact score, the ante goes up to $100.  In the event of a tie(s), the winner will be decided by whoever posted the correct score first on this site!"

i don't know about the rest of you guys but the way this reads it sounds like you are giving away the money to whoever guesses the closest score.
it may not be stated that you aren't elgible but it surely doesn't say anywhere that you are participating, (the contest holder). you're post reads from the point of view of you giving the money away to the winner. so if you can't own up to it and i am in the wrong then fine i apologize but it sure is pretty shady.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#84 : November 14, 2006, 09:44:04 PM

guru....i dont mind that you won your own contest....
i just think that in your "rules" you say ANY edited post is null and void.

you dont make a distinction about about the time that its edited in your "rules"

by the LETTER of your OWN rules you original post would be considered "null and void" because it was edited.

time was not a factor

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#85 : November 15, 2006, 09:20:01 AM

And you better tell them that edited posts are null and void.

I edited my original post to include the fact that edited posts would be null and void.  Boid Fink tipped me off to that and I added this to my original post on 11-10-06, three days before the game was played.  I win the contest over orionstar due to the fact that I was the FIRST to get the exact score correctly.  I never said in the post that I was not eligible to win.  I would have made myself not eligible if I could have had the game fixed and made the final score 24-10?! 
I would suggest posting another score for this Sundays game against the Skins under the thread: "WIN THE BUCCANEER LOST LOOT!"  I again posted my own prediction making myself once again eligible to win this contest as well; what's the odds of that happening???

Sficarrotta, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE REASON WHY I EDITED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#86 : November 15, 2006, 09:53:27 AM

bucsguru.....I know why you edited i read it.

i just think its funny. So i can edit my post just before kick off right?

Im just giving you a hard time trying to point out that you should edit your rules reflecting the time thing.

What if i edited my post because i had spelled something wrong? Would that have been invalid?
IMO you would have said yes its invalid yet you can do the same thing.....combine that with the fact that you won

#87 : November 16, 2006, 11:46:45 AM

what a rip off and i'm done playing these stupid contests..
 [banghead]

#88 : November 16, 2006, 05:39:48 PM

Sore Loser?!

Ummm...you did break your own rules, bro.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#89 : November 16, 2006, 05:38:01 PM

Sore Loser?!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE - Win $100 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools