Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud is a huge liablilty! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 09, 2007, 07:22:03 PM

Brooks looked average.  Ruud looked as good as he should be.

Average?! What game were you watching? After the first quarter, Brooks looked downright terrible.

I guess now that I think about it, at least 2 missed tackles and that horrible coverage on Morris for the TD.  Yeah that was horrible.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 09, 2007, 07:28:34 PM

So who is that middle linebacker on the team we're playing?

Today's game

Lofa Tatupa:

Tackles: 8
FF: 2

Barrett Ruud

Tackles: 10
FF: 1

If Lofa Tatupa is the measuring stick then Ruud must be a pleasent suprise to you. 8)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 09, 2007, 07:30:25 PM

I guess now that I think about it, at least 2 missed tackles and that horrible coverage on Morris for the TD.  Yeah that was horrible.

If you taped it, watch it again. Brooks looked sharp in the first quarter, but from then on it was a serious slide downhill. And note that the Seahawks started to go after him, and it paid big dividends for them.

Start Cato June at WLB. I love Brooks, he's awesome. But please, start June at WLB.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 09, 2007, 07:31:19 PM

I dont know what you were watching, but Ruud was the best player on the D today. Brooks got old quickly in the second quarter.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 09, 2007, 07:31:30 PM

Today's game

Lofa Tatupa:

Tackles: 8
FF: 2

Barrett Ruud

Tackles: 10
FF: 1

If Lofa Tatupa is the measuring stick then Ruud must be a pleasent suprise to you

No dude check the game day thread,  Their MLB is the best thing since adam gave up a rib and Ruud blows chunks the like that have never been seen before.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : September 09, 2007, 07:31:45 PM

Of course it is all Monte's fault.... it could never be in anyway Grudens fault according to DTG.

bucswin5540

Second String

#21 : September 09, 2007, 07:32:39 PM

I agree. Let's hope Trotter takes Ruud's place soon. Ruud is an average MLB at best.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 09, 2007, 07:34:36 PM

Ruud looked solid, but he did give up that deep pass

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 09, 2007, 07:35:13 PM

Of course it is all Monte's fault.... it could never be in anyway Grudens fault according to DTG.

No, it isn't all Monte's fault. But the Brooks situation is completely Monte's fault.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : September 09, 2007, 07:36:25 PM

No, it isn't all Monte's fault. But the Brooks situation is completely Monte's fault.
It's partially his fault... Gruden had to have his soft like a feather running back instead of picking Derrick Johnson.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 09, 2007, 07:37:37 PM

yeah that stupid old folker drafted that POS and has stuck with him threw god only knows how may terrible years!

Glaziers should hire Lovie Smith!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#26 : September 09, 2007, 07:38:10 PM

Unfortunately it appears some people read more on this board than watch the game.  Ruud looked great today and I thought was around the ball and made solid tackles.  He was the standout of the entire defense and was much better than any LB for the Bucs today.  I am thinking that Briggs would look great next to Ruud and June next year.  

I can forgive the wheel route (everyone blows coverages occasionally), but the two missed tackles in the second half were poor.

Mellow

Starter

#27 : September 09, 2007, 07:38:33 PM

Ruud looked solid, but he did give up that deep pass

I didn't think his coverage was too bad.  It was nearly 40 yards downfield, and he was running nearly stride-for-stride with the receiver.  I thought Phillips was a little slow coming over to help, and he'd been there a fraction of a second earlier would have been able to break it up.  IMO it was more Phillips' fault than Ruud's.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 09, 2007, 07:39:23 PM

No, Monte didn't draft Brooks. And Monte refuses to give Cato June PT at WLB. Brooks stunk today, badly.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#29 : September 09, 2007, 07:39:40 PM

Exactly Mellow.  I think Phillips had the deep coverage.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud is a huge liablilty! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools