Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden has been out coched and is done... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 09, 2007, 07:39:04 PM

We didn't make enough plays. Some of his play calling I couldn't agree with, but McCown looked scared as hell on that 3rd and two!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#16 : September 09, 2007, 07:40:20 PM

Excuse me, because I am one of the narrow urethra and mind, but what is "coched"?

Damn scholars trying to bewilder our small minds.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#17 : September 09, 2007, 07:44:01 PM

MMM yeah, and this is exactly what was said all year last year. now youre a genius for vomitting that hash up again for us to digest like baby chickens? The team was supposed to be better. We were terrible, much worse than expected, we didnt just barely lose. We missed on basic football skills  - like tackling, blocking, hanging on to the football....we will NEVER win if we cant master basic football techniques - its been long enough for the boy genius to iron out those kinks. NOW ITS MY TIME to vent my frustration, and Im not gonna be patient any more. This team was horrible on fronts, there was NO bright spot. The exscuses you make are blind mindless garble that Ive been hearing for far toooo long. 1 year too long to be exact.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 09, 2007, 07:48:54 PM

Despite what some think, the starting RB and QB going down does make the offense less effective. Not that Garcia and Caddy were Peyton and LT out there, but at least they were getting the ball into scoring range on the Seahawks side.

But if you're gonna go on a rant about the horrible execution of fundamental football skills, Monte and his defensive staff better be included as well.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#19 : September 09, 2007, 07:53:20 PM

Throw Monte under the bus as well - they ALL suck IMO

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 09, 2007, 07:55:52 PM

Its sad we are sitting here on opening day with a whole 6 points....

I am not one to jump to conclusions ...i have also been one of the Gruden supporters for so long....

But now, I am thinking he needs to either be fired (Dungy was fired for less) or hire an OC because he cannot do this job!

its very early to say this.  However, with our schedule, if Garcia or Caddy miss significant time due to their injuries we could be 1-4 or 0-5 to open the year.  The buzzards will be circling One Buc Place then.  

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 09, 2007, 08:00:46 PM

Despite what some think, the starting RB and QB going down does make the offense less effective. Not that Garcia and Caddy were Peyton and LT out there, but at least they were getting the ball into scoring range on the Seahawks side.

But if you're gonna go on a rant about the horrible execution of fundamental football skills, Monte and his defensive staff better be included as well.

don't say that ... that's the only guy they can think of right now to replace Gruden - esp since they want to do it right now and nobody else is available. ;)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 09, 2007, 08:03:32 PM

its very early to say this.  However, with our schedule, if Garcia or Caddy miss significant time due to their injuries we could be 1-4 or 0-5 to open the year.  The buzzards will be circling One Buc Place then. 

and rightfully so if that happens ... I understand many don't care of Gruden and if that does they will get their way ... eventually - but it ain't gonna happen after ONE game or midway through the season IMO.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 09, 2007, 08:04:34 PM

This game has to do with players not preforming, not playcalling

EXACTLY....the one who started this thread does not know football...He needs to sticking to looking at the game through the bottom of the beer bottles or mugs...Gruden didn't fumble the ball, nor did he cut off his route or let a running back streak by him to catch the ball...Please before the attack the coach start remember their place LIke MONTEs is on the side line....OBD

BucfaninDC

Starter

#24 : September 09, 2007, 08:08:55 PM

EXACTLY....the one who started this thread does not know football...He needs to sticking to looking at the game through the bottom of the beer bottles or mugs...Gruden didn't fumble the ball, nor did he cut off his route or let a running back streak by him to catch the ball...Please before the attack the coach start remember their place LIke MONTEs is on the side line....OBD

Enough with the 'its not the coach, its just the players not executing' crap.  Been hearing this for years.  How many times do new players have to come in, produce the same miserable result for you to think maybe, just maybe, its the scheme.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 09, 2007, 08:11:19 PM

Enough with the 'its not the coach, its just the players not executing' crap. Been hearing this for years. How many times do new players have to come in, produce the same miserable result for you to think maybe, just maybe, its the scheme.

This is the same scheme that Holmgren plays, it the same scheme that won us the superbowl other teams play this scheme so I stick to my quote...OBD

blitz

Pro Bowler
#26 : September 09, 2007, 08:11:24 PM

This game was within reach until the fumbles in the fourth quarter.  Come on.   The pass defense was awesome except for the one  or two plays.   Trotter needs to be on the field because the run defense isn't stout without a guy like him in the middle in certain situations.     Gruden and Monte need to forget about players egos and make the moves at certain positions........now.

Â 

BucfaninDC

Starter

#27 : September 09, 2007, 08:14:01 PM

Enough with the 'its not the coach, its just the players not executing' crap. Been hearing this for years. How many times do new players have to come in, produce the same miserable result for you to think maybe, just maybe, its the scheme.

This is the same scheme that Holmgren plays, it the same scheme that won us the superbowl other teams play this scheme so I stick to my quote...OBD

You'll be sticking to it each week, right to a losing season and a new coaching staff next year.   By the way, the Super Bowl was 5 years ago, and a 27-38 record since then, in case you still think its 2002.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#28 : September 09, 2007, 08:14:27 PM

what this the board for

This board isn't a "whoa is me board because my team lost".  If you think the Team sucks you have to have examples other than the OL sucks, the DL sucks, the coach sucks.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 09, 2007, 08:16:12 PM

You'll be sticking to it each week, right to a losing season and a new coaching staff next year. By the way, the Super Bowl was 5 years ago, and a 27-38 record since then, in case you still think its 2002.

I believe we had a winning season or two inbetween the superbowl...Man its only the first freaking game and you want people to quit...wow that says alot about the way a person thinks and accomplishes things...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden has been out coched and is done... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools