Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you a true fan ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: November 08, 2006, 10:20:21 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen,  so Tampa Bay is 2-6....not what we were looking for, but it is what it is....Do any of you so called fans truly think that these professional players enjoy losing ?  Do you think that Gruden looks forward to the "after the game" press conference after a loss ?

I  personally feel that the team played a sub-par game last week against the Saints....I'm sure we all do....I even contemplated not supporting them any longer for the rest of the season as I felt that the product on the field was sub-par....but then something happen...Monday arrived & I found myself looking forward to the next game....I guess that makes me a fan....win or lose....a fan.

Why bash any player or coach ? It's not like they will take your comments seriously, but you know....I bet some of these players & coaches roam these boards from time to time...or maybe someone comments to them about it....If you think that they are not trying, you are sadly mistaken.

Bashing Gradkowski is funniest of them all....I can think of maybe up to 9 players before Grads that deserve the bashing more....not that I feel that any of them need bashing....but I can understand how some fans need to vent their frustrations.

Be a fan, be supportive....enough with the angry name-calling garbage that some of you call a post !  The way I see it, If you are so disgusted with the team....quit watching them, quit supporting them...quit buying Bucs jerseys,caps, etc...Put your money were your mouth is !  But to come here week after week in what seems a "**CENSORED** Parade" seems a bit silly to me.

I find it sad that some of the best "posters" have become lurkers due to the quality of post that we have recently accepted as the norm.  All those post wishing for physical harm to other teams & the like have no room in here...I understand the idea of "Freedom of Speech" but seriously guys & gals, if there's no content, don't post.

So we play next Monday night against Carolina....You should have obvious expectations...but if you are a fan.....you want the W.  If you don't get it, you can fall back on the expectation.

If you are a true fan, you know that in a 60 minute game there are many intangibles that change the outcome of the game....If Galloway catches those passes against the Giants, if Clayton catches that TD pass against the Giants.....lotsa if...but they are there....

We are 2-6, Live with it...you can't change it...but if you are a true fan, support you team.

Layta,
GenBrooks55

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 08, 2006, 10:25:25 PM

I even contemplated not supporting them any longer for the rest of the season as I felt that the product on the field was sub-par....

a TRUE fan would NEVER contemplate such nonsense.

that sentance alone discredits your post as well as the message you were TRYING to send.

[banghead]

#2 : November 08, 2006, 10:27:25 PM

I even contemplated not supporting them any longer for the rest of the season as I felt that the product on the field was sub-par....

a TRUE fan would NEVER contemplate such nonsense.

that sentance alone discredits your post as well as the message you were TRYING to send.

seriously...I stopped reading at that point

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#3 : November 08, 2006, 10:38:57 PM

I never even thought about giving up on them, we can go no where but up from here.

I don't think knocking Gruden, Grad's or Gallaway or the defense makes someone more or less of a fan. Some like Simms, some like Grad's some like neither. A fan doesn't mean leaving your own opinion at the door.  For every fan yelling at Gruden for not going for it on 4th down, there would be just as many yelling at him if he did. For everyone that think Gruden can do no wrong, there are just as many that think his Ego can't fit in Ray Jay.

Why is it on every board there is some guy or gal that wants a "stepford" message board?

"Gee Gruden is great, I am glad he thought it was a good idea to play QB himself, ahh traded Caddy for a picture of Scooby Doo, that was a great idea, Grad's punted the ball himself on 1st and goal from the 1 that was nice....why are all these non fans booing?"

#4 : November 08, 2006, 10:50:05 PM

Another thread that has a bazillion before it with the same content.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 08, 2006, 11:23:24 PM

Nope, I'm not a TRUE fan.  Maybe if I came up with threads questioning TRUE fans and bashing anyone I thought wasn't TRUE ENOUGH...guess I'm just a loser...

BP1

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 09, 2006, 12:00:06 AM

When the Bucs lose I get really pissed for the rest of the day. It's funny as the week goes on and when they kickoff the next game, I'm right there cheering for them no matter what the record is. I think I'm ready to be happy this Monday nite guys. :o)

#7 : November 09, 2006, 09:43:14 AM

>>><<When the Bucs lose I get really pissed for the rest of the day. It's funny as the week goes on and when they kickoff the next game, I'm right there cheering for them no matter what the record is. I think I'm ready to be happy this Monday nite guys. )<<<<<

BP, Thanks !  That's the point that I was trying to convey.  But at least now I know NOT to mess with the "Posting Gods"-   It's just my opinion, no need to bash....Sorry for the intrusion, you can have the board back to yourselves...I have zero intention in reaching the 5,000 post plateau.

Adios & Have a Swell Day,
GenBrooks55

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#8 : November 09, 2006, 09:50:22 AM

this weekend sill be great for all us true fans. No Bucs to worry about we can enjoy the weekend  then look forward to a Phoenix from our team and prove all the nay Sayers wrong. Yippee

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#9 : November 09, 2006, 10:11:03 AM

I think Carlin said it best

"In football, during the game in the stands, you can be sure that at least twenty-seven times you were perfectly capable of taking the life of a fellow human being"

this can be said weekly, but games come and go and as long as the Bucs are here in Tampa and I am alive i will support them 100% no matter how crappy the season is going, its a part of football.....

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 09, 2006, 10:16:27 AM

A true fan? I'm not even a regular fan. I'm actually a Falcons fan, I just like to post on the board of a 2-6 team because I like the drama a losing record causes. And I only wear the Bucs jerseys cause I like the colors.

(SARCASM)

Posts like this are making this board so much more difficult to post on. Not that I would stop. It's just annoying.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 09, 2006, 10:27:32 AM

When the Bucs lose I get really pissed for the rest of the day. It's funny as the week goes on and when they kickoff the next game, I'm right there cheering for them no matter what the record is. I think I'm ready to be happy this Monday nite guys. :o)

same here, it will be cool to see some young guys play, to see what we have next year football is ongoing year end year out

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 09, 2006, 11:05:13 AM

Yes I am a True (Trueblood) fan.   :D :D :D

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#13 : November 09, 2006, 11:07:53 AM

No

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 09, 2006, 12:40:58 PM

I was raised on them, I'm not going anywhere. I don't cheat on my girlfriend and I don't cheat on my team. If you're in Tampa and see a busted up Pontiac with a Bucs flag honk at me.

Bucs 4 LIFE!!!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you a true fan ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools