Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will be the QB in week #17? « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 07, 2006, 08:13:36 AM

Simms started the season. Gradkowski is taking over for now. McCown will be back in a couple of weeks and Simms should recover by about midseason. My guess would be McCown. Gradkowski will get hammered behind this OL and Gruden has lost his enthusiasm for Simms. Rattay won't be a factor at all.

It's just a guess.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 07, 2006, 08:30:30 AM

Gradkowski.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 07, 2006, 08:42:17 AM

Simms. I would love for Grads to be the man but it's not logical to think that way. Simms comes back sooner than anyone thinks and assumes the starting job by week 8th game..

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 07, 2006, 11:22:56 AM

Gradkowski

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 07, 2006, 12:18:53 PM

Simms was going to be replaced anyway [injury or no injury].  While he was "tough as nails", he was pretty much stinking up the joint.  For every good play he made, he missed several others ... don't see him coming back and taking the no.1 spot.  As long as Grads is healthy, he'll be the starter with McCown as the backup once he returns.  Sorry, have a seat Rattay.  Next year I expect Simms to be elsewhere, Rattay out of the league, a veteran FA picked up for some guidence, and finally McCown and Gradkowski battling it out for the starter [loser gets backup roll].

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 07, 2006, 12:46:37 PM

Let us all just hope it isn't Nece, or Bidwell.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 07, 2006, 04:58:22 PM

Simms was going to be replaced anyway [injury or no injury]. While he was "tough as nails", he was pretty much stinking up the joint. For every good play he made, he missed several others ... don't see him coming back and taking the no.1 spot. As long as Grads is healthy, he'll be the starter with McCown as the backup once he returns. Sorry, have a seat Rattay. Next year I expect Simms to be elsewhere, Rattay out of the league, a veteran FA picked up for some guidence, and finally McCown and Gradkowski battling it out for the starter [loser gets backup roll].

I don't agree with that. If Simms finishes out the game he's the starter because he showed progress. He wasn't turning the ball over, the tipped passes seemed to be corrected, and mounted a comeback when down 17-0 to take the lead. He would've easily been the starter in the Saints game and through the year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 07, 2006, 05:12:39 PM

Simms. I would love for Grads to be the man but it's not logical to think that way. Simms comes back sooner than anyone thinks and assumes the starting job by week 8th game..

So you think he will be fit to play in three weeks time?  He had major surgery and they cut through his abdomen.  It will be a few weeks before he will be proclaimed healthy and then he needs to rehab.  He might be ready to go by week 15 but even then he will not be 100%.

#8 : October 07, 2006, 05:14:40 PM

who freakin knows.... [banghead]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 07, 2006, 05:43:18 PM

So you think he will be fit to play in three weeks time? He had major surgery and they cut through his abdomen. It will be a few weeks before he will be proclaimed healthy and then he needs to rehab. He might be ready to go by week 15 but even then he will not be 100%.

I understand it was major surgery but just have a feeling that he'll be back sooner than later. After 3 weeks of Grads stinking up the joint Gruden will be begging for Simms return.

I really want Grads to do well and would love for him to light it up but just don't see it happening. As rough as Simms was for the first two games, Grads will make him look like Joe Montana.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 07, 2006, 06:16:16 PM

I understand it was major surgery but just have a feeling that he'll be back sooner than later. After 3 weeks of Grads stinking up the joint Gruden will be begging for Simms return.

I really want Grads to do well and would love for him to light it up but just don't see it happening. As rough as Simms was for the first two games, Grads will make him look like Joe Montana.

Grads is a raw rookie, and the season is down the pan already.  I think Gruden will go with Grads for at least 8 games before he thinks of pulling him.  Simms will not be ready to play until very late in the season, and at that point it would serve no purpose.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 07, 2006, 06:22:16 PM

Grads is a raw rookie, and the season is down the pan already. I think Gruden will go with Grads for at least 8 games before he thinks of pulling him. Simms will not be ready to play until very late in the season, and at that point it would serve no purpose.

Hard to argue that....

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#12 : October 08, 2006, 02:22:07 AM

Gradkowski.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 02:28:52 AM

McNown

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will be the QB in week #17? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools