Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winning a game you weren't supposed to win??? « previous next »
Page: 1

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

: September 09, 2007, 11:09:31 PM

i've read several instances here where the sentiment is "we weren't supposed to win this game anyway" or something kinda like that.

now i get the favorite v underdog deal, but if you can't steal a road game away from a potential superbowl contender in week 1, when exactly is your best chance?  a six point favorite is a mere 3 point fave as you get a field goal advantage just for being the home team so alot of folks that make a living at this thought we should have had a fighting chance to win this game despite who it was against and where it was played.

if this theory is true, why are we so crappy in home openers and the same rules do not apply to other franchises?

you split in the division and hold home court and you win a handful of road games - that's how you get to the 2nd season and if we are going to concede out of division road games as "L"'s when the weather is good, well we oughtta be fine because we are like 1 for lifetime in cold weather so we can all just accept that crap too.

gimme a break.  score a TD instead of a FG and take control of the game.  exact your will on the opponent.  put your freakin' heel on their neck and rip their soul out in front of their freakin' families and fans.  that's how you build a program and win statement games.

man, the expectations around this franchise have really sunk.  i thought a high ticket coach worth high draft picks and the OL Guru would have figured this out before the D turned into the University of Michigan...  there is no mystique, there is no swagger, there is no leadership, but there are plenty of divas.  this thing is closer to imploding than improving.

...cut to trailer park fan that lives for nothing but Buc Ball calling me out for telling it like it is...

i remember Sapp and Alstott and guys that led saying things like "the 53 guys in that locker room thought we could win and that was all that mattered".  now the broken record is "we'll look at the film and make the corrections and get better" - uhhhhhhh, that got dungy run outta town.

dear jon - do not go to the "we just didn't execute" or "we were just outta sync" card... that does not play well except in Moose Lodges and cub scout dens.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winning a game you weren't supposed to win??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools