Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 things I hate about Cadillac « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: September 10, 2007, 09:02:10 AM

Fumbles, durability and dancing before the hole.

All three of those reared their ugly head. Sure it's only the first game....but it's Cadillac's 34th game as a member of the NFL. what are to expect from this kid? WR's usually get 2 to 3 years to acclimate themselves to the NFL, but RB's who are considered elite by their fans, should be well on their way by the 3rd year. Other than his 1st three games, Caddy has been average to below average at best. When does he turn the corner? Will he turn the corner?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 10, 2007, 09:06:41 AM

I didn't see a replay of the game but it looked like Caddy didn't even have possesion of that pass but whatever.
The kid had 60yrds rushing averaging 5 yrds per carry, when left the game early in the 3rd quarter, he was on his way just needed some more touches. How much more do you want? Alexander got most of his yards later in the game, Caddy would have gone for 100 if in the entire game.

#2 : September 10, 2007, 09:08:47 AM

Caddy was running well yesterday

if he can stay healthy he will be a hell of a back

He dances and makes a 6 yard gain...Pittman hits the hole head on and gets two

Remember then end of the half the run Caddy had where the whole defense was on his back and still couldnt bring him down??

Caddy's running ability is not in question his durability is

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : September 10, 2007, 09:11:36 AM

I didn't see a replay of the game but it looked like Caddy didn't even have possesion of that pass but whatever.
The kid had 60yrds rushing averaging 5 yrds per carry, when left the game early in the 3rd quarter, he was on his way just needed some more touches. How much more do you want? Alexander got most of his yards later in the game, Caddy would have gone for 100 if in the entire game.
A huge chunk of Caddy's yards came on 3 plays when every other team in the NFL would have thrown the ball just before the half. Sure they were his and he did churn them out, but it's more than just the box score for me.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 10, 2007, 09:15:59 AM

31 of his 60 yards were on give up plays at the end of Q2, he didn't run for a bunch of useful yards.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 10, 2007, 09:24:17 AM

I love how everyone calls Cadillac "soft" and "fragile" but no one ever mentions that about Brian Kelly.  How many games has he missed since 2003?

#6 : September 10, 2007, 09:25:35 AM

31 of his 60 yards were on give up plays at the end of Q2, he didn't run for a bunch of useful yards.

Exactly!!!

I love how everyone calls Cadillac "soft" and "fragile" but no one ever mentions that about Brian Kelly. How many games has he missed since 2003?

BK has produced for us and though he is starting to become quite injury prone, he did help us win a SB. Carnell was a #5 pick that will not live up to his draft status.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : September 10, 2007, 09:33:57 AM

I love how everyone calls Cadillac "soft" and "fragile" but no one ever mentions that about Brian Kelly.  How many games has he missed since 2003?
Brian Kelly wasn't the 5th overall pick in the draft, and considered an elite CB by homer fans. Caddy will always get more scrutiny.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 10, 2007, 09:43:05 AM

Only three things?  What about poor receiving skills and sub-par pass blocking.

I didn't really want to draft Caddy because he doesn't fit the offense and that injury-prone/durability tag he had coming out of college.  We needed a RB in the worst possible way, and with Brown and Benson off the board Caddy was the logical pick.

IF only we had taken Steven Jackson in 2004 instead of Clayton.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 10, 2007, 09:49:20 AM

He was on his way to getting 4-5 yrds per carry before the injury. Hell, on that play he got 5yrds and you could see he was warming up. This offense was backed up consistently, tough to run or do anything starting at the 10 but they were moving on that drive until Garcia went down.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : September 10, 2007, 09:50:31 AM

Only three things?  What about poor receiving skills and sub-par pass blocking.

I didn't really want to draft Caddy because he doesn't fit the offense and that injury-prone/durability tag he had coming out of college.  We needed a RB in the worst possible way, and with Brown and Benson off the board Caddy was the logical pick.

Frank Gore? 3 teams that needed a RB in '05 failed miserably...but guess what? I don't give damn about the other 2 teams.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 10, 2007, 09:55:51 AM

Caddy is not the Back everyone thinks he is, at least not in this offense.  It seemed as though he went down so quickly most of the time with the first hit yesterday.  Scrub yards at the end of the half don't count unless you win.

zed

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 10, 2007, 09:57:49 AM

Caddy was running well yesterday

if he can stay healthy he will be a hell of a back

He dances and makes a 6 yard gain...Pittman hits the hole head on and gets two

Remember then end of the half the run Caddy had where the whole defense was on his back and still couldnt bring him down??

Caddy's running ability is not in question his durability is

I think Seattle didn't wantn to bring him down just yet until the time had expired.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 10, 2007, 10:38:32 AM

Only three things? What about poor receiving skills and sub-par pass blocking.

I didn't really want to draft Caddy because he doesn't fit the offense and that injury-prone/durability tag he had coming out of college. We needed a RB in the worst possible way, and with Brown and Benson off the board Caddy was the logical pick.

I wanted to add those other two things as well.  Especially in a WCO.

vpbucfan

Rookie

#14 : September 10, 2007, 11:12:22 AM

His running style just doesn't seem to be that of power runner or even a speed runner.  He always jumps around like a frog and the location of his arms and legs during a run do not allow him gain speed vertically. Just look at any of his still photo shots and you will see that he is in the air mostly.

I question his off-season workout program also. I wonder how his compares to LT's or that of other elite runners. I saw that LT runs hills during the off-season. I am sure that does alot for his strengthening of his legs and ankles and his ability to make clean strong cuts at full speed. I wonder what our caddy does to prepare himself.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 things I hate about Cadillac « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools