Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be honest guys....during the superbowl year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: September 10, 2007, 09:12:52 AM

When we started 0-1 with a division loss to the Saints how many of you felt this way???

Remember how we responeded week 2??

I for one was disappointed then....but lets see how we come out this week against NO

give the team a chance to respond

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 10, 2007, 09:16:48 AM

There is a collective group that has no perspective where this team is in terms of rebuilding. I didn't expect them to win, I thought they were effective in the first half, not spectacular, and after Caddy & Garcia got hurt, it took the wind out of their sails. Caddy was ripping of 5 yds per carry and is usually better late in the game. He was on his way to 100 yds. Garcia will settle down and find his receivers. Let's let them play the remaining 15 games.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : September 10, 2007, 09:40:05 AM

When we started 0-1 with a division loss to the Saints how many of you felt this way???

Remember how we responeded week 2??

I for one was disappointed then....but lets see how we come out this week against NO

give the team a chance to respond

Did we score a TD in that game? Maybe Brackins can help!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 10, 2007, 09:43:23 AM

There is a collective group that has no perspective where this team is in terms of rebuilding.

The problem is this is a continuity problem. NO fans that are pushing the panic button are way, way too early. They had one bad game. This isn't one bad game it is the continuation of 16 bad games last year and a lot of not very good games for the prior 3 years on offense. This isn't the lone oddity, it is the norm. That is why folks are going to be so bummed over a single game- and yes it is just a single game- but it is part of a much broader context so your attempt to claim a lack of perspective ignores the very wide perspective people who are reacting to this game have.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : September 10, 2007, 09:45:26 AM

There is a collective group that has no perspective where this team is in terms of rebuilding.

The problem is this is a continuity problem. NO fans that are pushing the panic button are way, way too early. They had one bad game. This isn't one bad game it is the continuation of 16 bad games last year and a lot of not very good games for the prior 3 years on offense. This isn't the lone oddity, it is the norm. That is why folks are going to be so bummed over a single game- and yes it is just a single game- but it is part of a much broader context so your attempt to claim a lack of perspective ignores the very wide perspective people who are reacting to this game have.
Well said.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 10, 2007, 09:46:08 AM

dalbuc - good point. This is a continuation of bad games from last year. Many artcles I have read bare the headlines "New Bucs - Same ol' Bucs".

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : September 10, 2007, 09:58:31 AM

dalbuc - good point. This is a continuation of bad games from last year. Many artcles I have read bare the headlines "New Bucs - Same ol' Bucs".
What I don't get is people are bashed miserably for hating Gruden on this board. Those same people who do the bashing expected the acquisition of Garcia to change everything. Sure it's only one game, but the offense looked the same with the old #7 under center. The only difference, Garcia actually connected with Galloway. I don't expect the "protectors" of Gruden's good name here to jump over to the other side, but how can you find positive in yesterday's offensive performance? We are not the Indianapolis Colts, but New Orleans defense is not very good. Should we expect at least 3 TD's next week? Is that too much to ask? I wasn't expecting the team to win, but I'm angry at how the offense performed. There is a huge difference between an offense stalling on a drive and a 3 and out. With Jon Gruden as our coach, we shouldn't look like a Clyde Christianson run offense.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : September 10, 2007, 10:10:28 AM

If this team is rebuilding, why is Brooks starting? Why are we starting a 37 year old QB? We're not rebuilding....San Fran rebuilt. San Fran was a SB contender when we were. They rebuilt, and are now moving toward that goal again. We have been stuck in neutral for 5 years.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 10, 2007, 10:13:55 AM

If this team is rebuilding, why is Brooks starting? Why are we starting a 37 year old QB? We're not rebuilding....San Fran rebuilt. San Fran was a SB contender when we were. They rebuilt, and are now moving toward that goal again. We have been stuck in neutral for 5 years.

LOL......Chucky doesn't give a flying crap about rebuilding....he is just trying to save his freckle covered ass.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 10, 2007, 10:20:09 AM

LOL......Chucky doesn't give a flying crap about rebuilding....he is just trying to save his freckle covered butt.

You mean trying to save his one of the top 50 most attractive people in the world butt?   

Can you blame him?   He'd be doing a disservice to the team to rebuild because the fans have already spoken.   They want a short term bandaide and a few more wins now, not a horrible losing season and a really good team in the future.    I still think this team goes no worse than 8-8 this year.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : September 10, 2007, 10:21:18 AM

LOL......Chucky doesn't give a flying crap about rebuilding....he is just trying to save his freckle covered butt.

You mean trying to save his one of the top 50 most attractive people in the world butt?   

Can you blame him?   He'd be doing a disservice to the team to rebuild because the fans have already spoken.   They want a short term bandaide and a few more wins now, not a horrible losing season and a really good team in the future.    I still think this team goes no worse than 8-8 this year.
We should have started rebuilding in '04.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 10, 2007, 10:22:14 AM

The 2001 Bucs team went 11-5 and won the division. Three of the four years before that the team made the playoffs. Dungy's teams were notorious for mediocre starts. Despite losing week 1 of 2002, there was every reason to think the team was still good and would get it together. As has already been stated, yesterday's game was a continuation of a 4-12 season. What reason is there to think things will get better?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : September 10, 2007, 10:31:37 AM

The 2001 Bucs team went 11-5 and won the division. Three of the four years before that the team made the playoffs. Dungy's teams were notorious for mediocre starts. Despite losing week 1 of 2002, there was every reason to think the team was still good and would get it together. As has already been stated, yesterday's game was a continuation of a 4-12 season. What reason is there to think things will get better?
Did you just become a fan in 2002, and read a bad Buccs history book that misinformed you miserably? 2001 the Buccs went 9-7 and did not win the division, Chicago won at 13-3 and second place was Green bay at 12-4. Your credibility just took a major hit, and I may never pay attention to another word you ever type.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 10, 2007, 10:34:34 AM

Did you just become a fan in 2002, and read a bad Buccs history book that misinformed you miserably? 2001 the Buccs went 9-7 and did not win the division, Chicago won at 13-3 and second place was Green bay at 12-4.
My bad. I was looking at 1999. But the rest of my post still stands. We had been accustomed to slow starts and had reason to believe things would get better after losing the first game in 2002.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 10, 2007, 10:40:02 AM

There's no doubt things can get better. We all know that. The cats sharing that hep wisdom that this is just one game aren't telling anyone anything they don't know.

It is certainly one game that looks like a lot of bad games we've had over the years. That makes it hurt worse but it also doesn't change the fact that this game was awful in any context.

I should be shocked, but I'm not, to see all the comments about how "Clayton was open", "The Oline played pretty good", "Caddy was running the ball well", "Garcia looked good in the offense" stuff. Odd how good we looked and still got all of 6 points. I'm starting to wonder if our expectations have sunk so low that this really does look good to us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be honest guys....during the superbowl year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools