Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be honest guys....during the superbowl year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : September 10, 2007, 10:44:33 AM

There's no doubt things can get better. We all know that. The cats sharing that hep wisdom that this is just one game aren't telling anyone anything they don't know.

It is certainly one game that looks like a lot of bad games we've had over the years. That makes it hurt worse but it also doesn't change the fact that this game was awful in any context.

I should be shocked, but I'm not, to see all the comments about how "Clayton was open", "The Oline played pretty good", "Caddy was running the ball well", "Garcia looked good in the offense" stuff. Odd how good we looked and still got all of 6 points. I'm starting to wonder if our expectations have sunk so low that this really does look good to us.
It looked bad. It looked like the street hooker who has been beaten down by 15 years of living off polishing knobs to support her heroin habit. Our offense had scars on it's face, bruised knees and bags under it's eyes.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 10, 2007, 10:47:13 AM

I'm starting to wonder if our expectations have sunk so low that this really does look good to us.

For me it didn't look good but that goes without saying. Just because myself or a few others will say "the pass pro looked decent" "Caddy way running well" or whatever else is because we know this team isn't playoff caliber, we know that expecting a lethal offense at this point isn't reality. I know the weaknesses of the team, I'm looking for the silver-lining here because it's all negative. I don't live in a fantasy world at all when it comes to the Bucs, just won't kill the team. I saw a defense that stiffled this pretty damn good offense for a bulk of the game, the offense has to improve and it will.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 10, 2007, 10:48:21 AM

When we started 0-1 with a division loss to the Saints how many of you felt this way???

When we lost to the Saints that game,  I felt robbed.   I knew we were better than the Saints and felt they were lucky.    That's not the same feeling I have right now about that Seahawks game.

#18 : September 10, 2007, 11:08:21 AM

When we started 0-1 with a division loss to the Saints how many of you felt this way???

Remember how we responeded week 2??

I for one was disappointed then....but lets see how we come out this week against NO

give the team a chance to respond

Did we score a TD in that game? Maybe Brackins can help!!!

We might as well of had Brackins...our WR didnt show up
That can be fixed though

#19 : September 10, 2007, 11:11:20 AM

When we lost to the Saints that game,  I felt robbed.   I knew we were better than the Saints and felt they were lucky.    That's not the same feeling I have right now about that Seahawks game.

Is it better to

Lose to a team you shouldnt lose to

OR

Lose to a team you should lose to?

I am giving us a Mulligan for this game...I am going to see what we have against a team who isnt full of Pro Bowlers from top to bottom

After next week if we suck the big one I will agree with a lot of you guys

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 10, 2007, 11:59:58 AM

i have to agree, this team is just carrying over from last year and the offense looked no different than when we had gradkowski in under center except we now have the shotgun to get sacked out of...It's hard to be optimistic about things when you have seen absolutely no production what-so-ever. Yes the qb play MIGHT be better, but it's still the same old song and dance with the oline, receivers, and running backs. it seems like nothing ever changes with this team. I look around the nfl and i see teams who are said to be worse than us, move the ball a hell of a lot better than we do. now i dont know if that is a talent problem or lack there of on our part, or coaching. but coaching can only take you so far. as players in the nfl you have to execute, and we simply can not execute a block, run a perfect route and get seperation from the db's at the line, cant hit the holes properly, can't hold on to the ball properly can't protect our selves from getting hurt properly, can't tackle properly i mean c'mon how effing hard is it to hit, WRAP and drive the ball carrier backwards? im sick of watching this team throw up this garbage on the field every sunday it's embarassing

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#21 : September 10, 2007, 12:09:06 PM

With the way you love Gruden, what really happened that night?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 10, 2007, 12:42:30 PM

A game that threw me off a little was the Chicago game last year. We lost, but our offense had that great second-half run and we almost stole the game against a good team on the road.
Seattle was 26-6 at home over the last four years so I didn't BET that we'd win. But let's understand this: In Week 1, you get upsets. Seattle went 5-3 at home LAST year so winning there wasn't impossible. Furthermore, along dalbuc's lines, if we are simply going to concede road games against good teams, what does that leave us? We have to go to SF and they're good. Indy could be a humiliation. Carolina might be better than Seattle. New Orleans certainly could be. Houston and Detroit might be better. So given this mentality are we to start out the season thinking a good year is one or two road wins and then about five home wins? It's better, but by no means a 'good year.' To have a good year, we're going to have to steal a few games on the road against good teams.
Furthermore, it IS the continuation of a trend; we lose this game 31-17, I feel bad, but not this bad. Six points aren't very much of a ray of hope in my book.

In Verner We Trust

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 10, 2007, 04:41:43 PM

I never really agnonize over a Bucs loss. I just never have; because my life continues with or without a Bucs win. However, if I were to pick a tougher loss to swallow of the two, I would probably say the 2002 one was more difficult. With Gruden coming in, there were such high expectations. Right now, sadly, the expectations have been lowered for this team until they prove otherwise. So, it was just same old (of recent years) Buc football yesterday.

T

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 10, 2007, 07:34:36 PM

At least in the opening game in 2001 the Bucs offense scored touchdowns and moved the ball. I expected the Bucs to lose but not to play horrible. I thought Gruden would have these guys fired up since he is coaching for his job. They played very uneven, very competitive in the first half and I guess the defense stayed in the locker room after halftime.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 10, 2007, 07:49:16 PM

At least in the opening game in 2001 the Bucs offense scored touchdowns and moved the ball. I expected the Bucs to lose but not to play horrible. I thought Gruden would have these guys fired up since he is coaching for his job. They played very uneven, very competitive in the first half and I guess the defense stayed in the locker room after halftime.

This post makes no sense.   Gruden should have fired the guys up?   Yet, they played as fired up as I've ever seen them to start that game.   They played horrible?   The game I saw, they played really well at the start.   It wasn't until Caddy and Garcia went down that they sucked.    We may have won that game if they hadn't gotten hurt.   That game was FAR from horrible.   

#26 : September 10, 2007, 08:32:38 PM

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Dont stop believin
Hold on to the feelin
Streetlight people

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 10, 2007, 08:36:45 PM

Journey was an underrated Live performance band.   

#28 : September 10, 2007, 08:41:09 PM

that songs is dedicated to the Bucs and us fans.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 10, 2007, 11:10:29 PM

As David Boston is falling asleep as he parallel parks his car outside of One Buc,
Gruden is inside the locker room about to get whacked...

If we suck this week, then I'll be depressed. Let's see what happens.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be honest guys....during the superbowl year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools