Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be honest guys....during the superbowl year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 10, 2007, 11:31:27 PM

Sorry, Java, I respectfully disagree. Maybe if Caddy was a little quicker he avoids that hit. Maybe if the Oline protected a little better, Garcia doesn't get whacked in the noggin. After the first quarter, they dominated the game. It's testimony to the effort of our team that it remained close for awhile. But a two-touchdown deficit opens itself up to more than one 'if.'
As for our Journey fan, on the same album you will find the following lyrics:
It's been a mystery
But still they try to see
Why something good can hurt so bad

Caught on a one-way street
The taste of bittersweet
Love will survive somehow, some way

One love feeds the fire
One heart burns desire
Wonder who's cryin' now
Two hearts born to run
Who'll be the lonely one
Wonder who's cryin' now

In Verner We Trust

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 10, 2007, 11:59:24 PM

When it comes to the Bucs, this song is more appropriate.

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 11, 2007, 12:43:12 AM

Can't help my self I guess...to much kool aid....but  I see a much improved team from last year....we played   a team that was in the playoffs and plays great at home and there were 4 -plays that shaped that game the 2 they made and the 2 we didn't.....Seattle did nothing the whole 1st half then they hit a bomb and got a huge run back that changed their game around....and we missed out on 2 huge run backs and started out deep in our own end rather then on the 50 both times....sorry but save for those plays I  think we beat them....I kn ow shoulda woulda coulda....but if you people can't see the possibilities with Garcia at qb....maybe i'm nuts and the rest of you are right on but I think its the other way around....like the way our dee and offense played save for a few plays....3 punts 1 they made 2 we missed were huge plays in this game....we fumbled how many times....we should have won this game....I totaly agree .....there is nothing stopping us from still having a great season and make it to the playoffs....so shoot me .....thats how I feel....and I hate rebuilding.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#33 : September 11, 2007, 12:49:29 AM

The 2001 Bucs team went 11-5 and won the division. Three of the four years before that the team made the playoffs. Dungy's teams were notorious for mediocre starts. Despite losing week 1 of 2002, there was every reason to think the team was still good and would get it together. As has already been stated, yesterday's game was a continuation of a 4-12 season. What reason is there to think things will get better?
Did you just become a fan in 2002, and read a bad Buccs history book that misinformed you miserably? 2001 the Buccs went 9-7 and did not win the division, Chicago won at 13-3 and second place was Green bay at 12-4. Your credibility just took a major hit, and I may never pay attention to another word you ever type.

Dungy won 1 division title in Tampa.   Gruden has won two.    Let's all do a backflip. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 11, 2007, 01:00:24 AM

Keep also in mind that the Bucs record when traveling out to a team on the west coast is horrific. It is like 0-6 under Gruden and just as bad under Dungy. In fact, I remember back in 1999 when we went to the NFC Championship...that year Dungy's Bucs traveled to Oakland and Jon Gruden blew us out 45-0.

Other than the Super Bowl in San Diego....where the team was there for the entire week to adjust to the jet lag...we have a very difficult time winning when going to the west coast. Seattle is also a tough venue who has won their last 6 straight home openers. And the year they went to the Super Bowl...they were undefeated at home.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 11, 2007, 01:56:32 AM

There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic:
1. NO's defense looked awful last week. Granted we're not the Indy offense, but were we to put up 24 points in this game, we'd have a chance to win.
2. The St. Louis game is looking better. Pace done for the year. Maybe age catching up to their O. Their D not great.
3. Carolina looked great, but if we went there with a win in pocket already, our confidence would be sky high. We'd be underdogs, but with a chance....
4. If Earnest Graham wanted a chance for more touches, he's gonna get it. Maybe now he will shed the label of Mr. August.
5. We lost openers in not only 2002, but 1999 (11-5) and 1998 (8-8; a near playoff year). The latter was far worse than last week. So let's see what happens. It was ugly. But nothing two big offensive plays can't change.

In Verner We Trust

#36 : September 11, 2007, 09:36:15 AM

With the way you love Gruden, what really happened that night?

What are you talking about????

Thats the Gator head coach Urban Meyer and Jon Gruden

I wasnt anywhere around there

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 11, 2007, 01:55:29 PM

Having commuted from Newark to LA on a regular basis for 8 months, I can honestly say I had no real problem going westbound-(Usually I had to go to the IT center as soon as I got there to make sure there were no gliches in the switch from IBM to Honeywell since I left). Eastbound was worse.

But that was just me.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be honest guys....during the superbowl year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools