Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL removes clips from YouTube. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

goto11

Starter
: November 09, 2006, 10:40:39 AM

"Monday, the NFL's director of corporate communications, Brian McCarthy, confirmed that 'we recently asked the site to remove more than 3,000 clips featuring NFL game footage. The site complied.'"

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/15947560.htm

No Fun League, indeed.  If you ever wanted to grab a favorite Bucs clip, better go look now to see if it's still there.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : November 09, 2006, 10:45:50 AM

Yeah, that happened a few weeks ago. The NFL tries very hard to make sure no one can see any NFL footage unless they control it. Look at how hard they're pushing NFL network, and now they're going to start showing games. I wouldn't be surprised that if in the future the NFL is off network TV and we're forced to get extra pay channels just to watch a damn game.

BucsAddict

Starter

#2 : November 09, 2006, 10:59:13 AM

The network makes Billions in TV deals with fox/espn/nbc that will never happen.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : November 09, 2006, 11:05:43 AM

I was being facetious....to a degree

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 09, 2006, 11:19:43 AM

The network makes Billions in TV deals with fox/espn/nbc that will never happen.

You're right on that but unfortunately Zen is on the money. Think about how much money they can make by having this incredible product only available on their network, which you'd have to pay for. Along with advertising it would be astronomical the amount of money they could make. It will happen. It's only going to increase, they have a few games now it'll increase year by year. They own this product and can do whatever they want.

Also think about all the DVR's and Tivos' out there. Do you think advertisers are happy about paying gobs of money to be ignored? I bet that we will come to a time where you'll pay for each show, say $.80/ show to watch, because advertisers will find other outlet's to get the word out about their product.   

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 09, 2006, 12:41:50 PM

Unfortunately Zen is right on about this. There has been talk -- mostly just under the surface but getting more play -- in the past few years about a "pay per game" type of system. That way, if you want to watch the Bucs game, you pay X amount and you can select that game on whatever channel they dedicate to it. Same with other games. It's coming sooner than we think probably.

#6 : November 09, 2006, 12:43:42 PM

YouTube have been taking clips down for the last few weeks after a successful law suit in Japan.  There is no conspiracy with the NFL having their clips removed, they are just one of the many companies that are simply enforcing copyright.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 09, 2006, 12:44:48 PM

That is funny, because I was listening to the Dan Patrick show, and he was sasying he went to youtube to find footage of the Jerramy Stevens nut-jab incident in the Raiders game, and I started thinking that it will be any second the NFL has those clips removed.

What timing.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : November 09, 2006, 12:45:51 PM

Yeah, that happened a few weeks ago. The NFL tries very hard to make sure no one can see any NFL footage unless they control it. Look at how hard they're pushing NFL network, and now they're going to start showing games. I wouldn't be surprised that if in the future the NFL is off network TV and we're forced to get extra pay channels just to watch a damn game.
Well pony up the money then. Or do you want Chevy and Ford to give cars away for free too???

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 09, 2006, 12:55:32 PM

Well pony up the money then. Or do you want Chevy and Ford to give cars away for free too???

IMVHO I think a Ford Taurus should be free.

#10 : November 09, 2006, 12:58:03 PM

IMVHO I think a Ford Taurus should be free.

I always thought Ford paid people to drive their vehicles  ???  you mean people pay to drive them  ::) 

"four wheels and a board make a very good Ford"

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 09, 2006, 07:20:07 PM

that is just where things are headed

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 09, 2006, 07:36:48 PM

You have got to be kiding right? You actually think thats fair?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : November 10, 2006, 01:02:01 AM

You have got to be kiding right? You actually think thats fair?
Which part about "expressed written consent" don't you understand???

#14 : November 10, 2006, 08:43:56 AM

YouTube have been taking clips down for the last few weeks after a successful law suit in Japan.  There is no conspiracy with the NFL having their clips removed, they are just one of the many companies that are simply enforcing copyright.

...and also an example of them being A-holes.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL removes clips from YouTube. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools