Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DUEMIG MAKING EXCUSES FOR BROOKS...NOTHING NEW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : September 10, 2007, 04:31:14 PM

Yep.. Brooks had a bad second half. But he is the very least of the problems.

No he isn't. Right now, Brooks is a significant problem for this defense.
As is ole Chuck for this offense.... I wish you would attack him with the vigor you are going after Brooks.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 10, 2007, 04:36:20 PM

As is ole Chuck for this offense.... I wish you would attack him with the vigor you are going after Brooks.

You simply don't get it, do you?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 10, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

A walking corpse isn't known for a bunch of things, perspective surely tops the list.

#18 : September 10, 2007, 04:38:10 PM

Yep.. Brooks had a bad second half. But he is the very least of the problems.

No he isn't. Right now, Brooks is a significant problem for this defense.

I don't agree. This wasn't on Gru, not much to complain about there. This was players' mistakes and lack of execution.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 10, 2007, 04:39:15 PM

I don't agree. This wasn't on Gru, not much to complain about there. This was players' mistakes and lack of execution.

A player with his experience should never look that lost, it was painful to watch.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#20 : September 10, 2007, 04:48:04 PM

How many linebackers can cover a speedy rb 30-40 yds downfield?  NO PASS RUSH.  Brooks is slowing down, I get it.  The main problem with this team is a terrible offense.  I don't care how many of you "experts" say different.  You don't score points, you don't win games.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 10, 2007, 04:53:58 PM

How many linebackers can cover a speedy rb 30-40 yds downfield?

June can, there's no reason to keep June off the filed on 3rd down obvious passing situations.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#22 : September 10, 2007, 04:56:35 PM

There are so many reasons why we lost the game yesterday.  Don't understand all the hate on Brooks.  He got beat on a play where we had absolutely no rush on their qb.  Hasselback had ALL DAY to throw back there for most the day.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 10, 2007, 04:58:16 PM

There are so many reasons why we lost the game yesterday.  Don't understand all the hate on Brooks.  He got beat on a play where we had absolutely no rush on their qb.  Hasselback had ALL DAY to throw back there for most the day.

If it were only one play, that would be one thing. Run the tape again.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 10, 2007, 04:58:33 PM

There are so many reasons why we lost the game yesterday. Don't understand all the hate on Brooks. He got beat on a play where we had absolutely no rush on their qb. Hasselback had ALL DAY to throw back there for most the day.

Bro, the play was terrible. Nobody's saying he was the only reason the Bucs lost but dude missed 3 big tackles and got burned in Nickle when we signed a much younger and faster June who should have been in there.

Take you head out of Brook's arse for a minute and understand, he's clearly a liability now. It was bound to happen at some point

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#25 : September 10, 2007, 05:05:45 PM

And you know that June is the answer?  Then why wouldn't our coaching staff put him in?  You say Brooks missed tackles, which is what June was pretty much known for in Indy.  It is this type of bush-league mentality I can't stand about supposed "fans".  There is ALWAYS someone better on the bench.  With the lack of pressure we provided yesterday they were bound to have guys come open.  Not even your future Hall of Fame lb Cato June would have been able to stay with Morris.  Missed tackles attributed to Brooks?  Why isn't anyone railing against Phillips or Allen?  Allen whiffed on Alexander on the td in an embarrassing manner.  I have news for you...Shaun Alexander has made a very good career by breaking tackles and wearing down defenses in the second half. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 10, 2007, 05:11:03 PM

. It is this type of bush-league mentality I can't stand about supposed "fans".

Take it easy there spanky, just because you have a hard-on for Brooks doesn't mean everyone else does. I know for a fact that Cato June can cover a HB out on a fly pattern better than Brooks can. That doesn't mean June is a future HOF and whatever, take my words as they come, don't take them where you want to take them.

Now opposing teams can't wait to see Brooks in the nickle, they'll just spread that HB out wide and let him go. This isn't rocket science here, June is faster and younger than Brooks and wouldn't get turned around like that.

Did you know what down that TD happened on? 3rd and 5, get Brooks off the field on 3rd down, HB's are going to abuse him this year.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#27 : September 10, 2007, 05:27:51 PM

All I hear today is about the Brooks td and how it lost the game for us.  If he doesn't let them score on that play we STILL lose the game.  There is no pass rush (GOD please let Adams learn quickly), no playmakers on offense other than Galloway and quite frankly a dismal game plan.  As for my attitude, I can't believe it comes to me of all people having to defend a nole.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : September 10, 2007, 05:37:32 PM

You simply don't get it, do you?
I get it... You dont want to accept that Brooks is the least of the problem. You should be able to man up and admit that Gruden is not the right guy for this team instead of blaming this on Brooks.. or the defense. Brooks looked bad for the 2nd half, but Grudens offense has looked bad since 2003.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 10, 2007, 05:47:05 PM

As much as I hate to say this it's time to move Cato June to the weakside LB slot and move Brooks to SLB. I've seen Derrick miss or flat out get burned on to many plays the past 2 seasons. It's really sad to see a once great player just become ordinary. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DUEMIG MAKING EXCUSES FOR BROOKS...NOTHING NEW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools