Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DUEMIG MAKING EXCUSES FOR BROOKS...NOTHING NEW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

watson

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 10, 2007, 05:50:43 PM

Well whether it is Brook or June in on pass defense this week, they better figure out something pretty quick since Reggie Bush is a heck of a lot faster than Morris is.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 10, 2007, 06:02:29 PM

i think it's time to insert june in as well...brooks looked so lost out there and he has nobody to blame but himself if any of you watched the play you could see him get all turned around looking for the ball when the RB blew right on by him and had him beat 10 yards he's not the brooks of old...the brooks of old would have stood up mack strong on that flat play, and wrapped him up and brought him down. the brooks of new just popped him and got shrugged off to the side...this defense needs to learn how to tackle all over again...it's pathetic i think it's time to make eveyone accountable again...you play poorly, you get benched simple as that

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#32 : September 10, 2007, 06:25:51 PM

Missing the tackles was terrible, but correct me if i am wrong,  Brooks was in man coverage on that play. Why and when in the past has he ever been in man coverage against a HB? I can't recall a time where even Alstott was split out wide and a LB covered him one on one on a route longer than 10 or 15 yards. That play right there should have told us we don't have the talent on the D-line to play in 2-deep any longer. We will always have to use a LB or Safety to get the same pressure we used to get with our front 4, and if June, Brooks Trotter or any other LB or Safety for that matter is expected to go into man coverage on 40 yard routes we are in trouble. In fact I wouldn't want Ronde in that situation with no help, we don't have a lockdown CB we have 2 zone CB's, and there has yet to be a lockdown LB in the NFL, but let me know what there is.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 10, 2007, 06:39:12 PM

All I hear today is about the Brooks td and how it lost the game for us.

I know I didn't say that but to say he's the least of the problems isn't thinking correctly. Doesn't matter what your name is, when you're a liability you're a liability. Liability doesn't know names like a golf ball doesn't know how old you are.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 10, 2007, 06:44:02 PM

Its such an easy fix, it makes almost too much sense to put in Cato on 3rd downs.

Brooks is old
Brooks is missing tackles
Brooks needs more rest to keep his legs
Cato is younger
Cato is faster
Cato is a former safety with excellent coverage skills.

There was a 17 or something yard run by Alexander in the 4th quarter where June had the gap responsibility.   He allowed the offensive lineman to take him on one on one and completely take him out of the play.   He didn't even try to get around the OL to get a hand on Alexander, he just accepted the block and expected someone else to tackle the RB.   No way does Brooks do that.   I thought it was humiliating.   I have zero confidence in Cato June stopping the run.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 10, 2007, 06:52:37 PM

There's a happy medium here, if you want to look for it. Brooks played like a all-pro for about 75% of the game. And then he got tired, missed some tackles and got beat deep.

What's wrong with giving the guy a breather? We did it all the time with our DL. And it seems to me the best time to do that is on 3rd, especially when you have June, arguably one of the best 3-4 cover linebackers in the game. It's a no-brainer - Brooks isn't 27 anymore.

As for the notion that we can't discuss Brooks until we rehash the Gruden offense for the 1,000,000th time, well that's silly.

This was a problem yesterday - it may not be the biggest one, or the only one. But it certaintly was one, and it's fix is relatively easy.

#36 : September 10, 2007, 07:33:16 PM

Its such an easy fix, it makes almost too much sense to put in Cato on 3rd downs.

Brooks is old
Brooks is missing tackles
Brooks needs more rest to keep his legs
Cato is younger
Cato is faster
Cato is a former safety with excellent coverage skills.

There was a 17 or something yard run by Alexander in the 4th quarter where June had the gap responsibility.   He allowed the offensive lineman to take him on one on one and completely take him out of the play.   He didn't even try to get around the OL to get a hand on Alexander, he just accepted the block and expected someone else to tackle the RB.   No way does Brooks do that.   I thought it was humiliating.   I have zero confidence in Cato June stopping the run.

Yeah that is the play I keep replaying in my mind. But remember, IMO, that should've been Brooks there not June and that's just another reason I want the two to swap positions Java.

Mellow

Starter

#37 : September 10, 2007, 07:41:17 PM

I'm all for Cato and Brooks making the switch but Cato doesn't shed blocks well..............what LB does on this team ? Trotter.

Trotter . . . you can't seriously want to see him chasing WRs 40 yards downfield, like Ruud was asked to do, do you?

#38 : September 10, 2007, 08:04:22 PM

I'm all for Cato and Brooks making the switch but Cato doesn't shed blocks well..............what LB does on this team ? Trotter.

Trotter . . . you can't seriously want to see him chasing WRs 40 yards downfield, like Ruud was asked to do, do you?

Not at all. If anything, just hoping to encourage fans to see how strengths and weaknesses factor in. Ruud is OK in coverage and wouldn't have been beat that badly on that play.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#39 : September 10, 2007, 09:09:48 PM

There are so many reasons why we lost the game yesterday. Don't understand all the hate on Brooks. He got beat on a play where we had absolutely no rush on their qb. Hasselback had ALL DAY to throw back there for most the day.

If it were only one play, that would be one thing. Run the tape again.

My DVR keeps getting stuck on our inept offensive gameplan and dismal execution to get to Brooks losing the game for us.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 11, 2007, 08:59:54 AM

Maybe I misread the title of this thread, I thought it was about Brooks.

What does the offense, game plan and Gruden have to do with it?

Just asking.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 11, 2007, 09:13:13 AM

There are so many reasons why we lost the game yesterday. Don't understand all the hate on Brooks. He got beat on a play where we had absolutely no rush on their qb. Hasselback had ALL DAY to throw back there for most the day.

If it were only one play, that would be one thing. Run the tape again.

My DVR keeps getting stuck on our inept offensive gameplan and dismal execution to get to Brooks losing the game for us.

This isnt about Brooks losing the game for us its about his terrible performance at wlb.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 11, 2007, 09:20:03 AM

Maybe I misread the title of this thread, I thought it was about Brooks.

What does the offense, game plan and Gruden have to do with it?

Just asking.

People with other agendas want to deflect the very valid criticism. There are plenty of threads to discuss how crummy Gruden's offense has been. This thread is about the fact that it's time for Brooks to start seeing more bench.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 11, 2007, 09:21:33 AM

This isnt about Brooks losing the game for us its about his terrible performance at wlb.

Exactly, but notice how those with other agendas keep steering legitimate discussion away from other serious problems to focus only on the problems they choose to focus on?

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#44 : September 11, 2007, 11:28:39 AM

The ones attacking a warrior like Brooks are the ones with the agenda.  Should Brooks see more bench?  Yes, in certain situations.  He was lights out in the first half.  He wore down in the second.  The whole defense did.  Maybe he is still our best option for now.  June being inserted for Brooks at wlb leaves a hole at slb.  Who will fill it?  Nece?  It appears the coaches have lost faith in him.  The rookies don't seem to be ready yet.  I just feel that this team has so many holes throughout that attacking a guy like Brooks, who helped keep us in the game first half, makes no sense.  The dline is awful.  The offense, which I believe to be a more prominent issue, is pathetic.  No offensive tds in 8 out of our last 17 games?  Open your eyes guys.  As far as Duemig is concerned, I would highly recommend NFL on Sirius.  The only "agenda" I have is for the Bucs to be competitive again.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DUEMIG MAKING EXCUSES FOR BROOKS...NOTHING NEW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools