Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DUEMIG MAKING EXCUSES FOR BROOKS...NOTHING NEW « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 12, 2007, 12:34:10 AM

Ima - look at the title of the thread.

Ima is a woman's name.   What are you insinuating?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 12, 2007, 12:40:28 AM

Didn't Brooks say in the offseason he wants to play for another couple of seasons? I was talking with a friend tonight about how awful Brooks is going to look at the midpoint and end of this year, I can't imagine him playing another 2-3 years. Unfortunately this is heading down a very bad road, Brooks getting cut in the offseason. If that happens, people won't have to worry about dealing with Gruden/Allen any longer, they will quit due to all of the bashing they would receive from the media and fans.

If Brooks accepts more of a backup role next year and a reduced salary it may not come to that. But I just can't picture Brooks on the sidelines as a backup, or him accepting that role.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 12, 2007, 01:27:34 AM

Brooks should flat out play as a backup.  It is obvious he will only tarnish his rep, diminish his legend as he is doing as of today, by playing as much as he does.

I agree with DTG, time for DB to bow out gracefully, let the youngster come in and help rebuild the team, rather than add to the stats of a man who clearly has lost not just one, but three steps.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 12, 2007, 01:54:24 AM

In my opinion, Brooks played lights out in the first half.   He was 100% as good as he ever was and was dominating the game.   In the 2nd half he wasn't so great, but he was still as good or better than Cato June.   I don't think it's time for him to bow out.   I do think it's time for him to get a blow every now and then though.   He doesn't seem to be the every down player he used to be anymore.  That's fine with me though, the guy still plays better than most NFL linebackers most of the time.   Give the guy a rest every other series and you still have a very valuable weapon.   The only question I have is will he go for that?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#79 : September 12, 2007, 08:15:38 AM

We have no idea what is going on inside Brooks head. He may sit back and look at this season (if it is as bad as it was for him in the second half of last weeks game) and say "You know, I have lost a few steps this may just be the end." It's really hard to say, I do hope if it is that bad that he does step aside.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DUEMIG MAKING EXCUSES FOR BROOKS...NOTHING NEW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools