Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1

gaines3

Rookie

: November 09, 2006, 11:10:58 AM

I still love watching the Bucs this year, simply for the fact that all of our young guys are progressing. The only downfall is probably the issue that the Front Office didn't address the defense via free agency or draft last year. This next year I am betting that there will be a lot of new faces on the defense side of the ball. I really think if Tampa ends up having a top seven pick, they go after Gaines Adams, and I think they will sign an OLB probably Briggs(which I am very high on). A safety is in need to, but just think how much our defense will improve with just a couple of acquisitions. This team ought to be ten times better next year being in such a generous cap position. If Grads keeps taking care of the ball, and getting this offense off to a faster start, we will be in good hands for 07'. Thoughts?

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : November 09, 2006, 11:27:09 AM

if you were a PI you coulda read the Fab Five to find out more on the draft and the reasons why we haven't had high defensive draft picks

psymun

Starter
#2 : November 09, 2006, 12:20:23 PM

The impact players haven't been there IMO...

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 09, 2006, 12:38:34 PM

It's easier to build a defense than it is to build an offense, and the Defensive free agents that will be available in 2007 are alot better than the offensive free agents that will be out there. I say the Bucs go after Freeney the hardiest, make offers to Lance Briggs, Adlious Thomas, Ken Hamlin & Leonard Davis, then in the Draft target a big time WR prospect like Calvin Johnson, or Ted Ginn Jr. Then after that start selecting the best player available, on either the defensive or offensive side to build depth.

#4 : November 09, 2006, 12:43:49 PM

07 will be our year!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 09, 2006, 08:18:12 PM

sounds good T, dam i cant wait for FA

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 09, 2006, 10:24:43 PM

I still love watching the Bucs this year, simply for the fact that all of our young guys are progressing. The only downfall is probably the issue that the Front Office didn't address the defense via free agency or draft last year. This next year I am betting that there will be a lot of new faces on the defense side of the ball. I really think if Tampa ends up having a top seven pick, they go after Gaines Adams, and I think they will sign an OLB probably Briggs(which I am very high on). A safety is in need to, but just think how much our defense will improve with just a couple of acquisitions. This team ought to be ten times better next year being in such a generous cap position. If Grads keeps taking care of the ball, and getting this offense off to a faster start, we will be in good hands for 07'. Thoughts?
Free agency? What free agency?  We needed cap solutions, and we took a risk, which you sometimes do when you're returning basically every starter from a #1 unit.
Draft?  Yeah, we didn't draft Def, but which unit needed more help?

#7 : November 10, 2006, 08:57:53 AM

Free agency? What free agency?  We needed cap solutions, and we took a risk, which you sometimes do when you're returning basically every starter from a #1 unit.
Draft?  Yeah, we didn't draft Def, but which unit needed more help?

Yeah, there is plenty to criticize in what has been done, but the D was ranked #1 last year.  Uhhh...the fall off has been incredible.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 10, 2006, 01:11:34 PM

Yes...there is a reason why we haven't had many high picks do to trades and etc...but there's still the fact that we haven't addressed our D in a long time. I wrote about this a few weeks ago. I don't blame the Bucs for not doing it, but the bottom line is that our D has not been given good young talent in a while. This year I expect (depending on what we do in free agency) the Bucs to go primarily defensive in the draft.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

TDTB

Second String

#9 : November 10, 2006, 03:22:39 PM

I think there are some young players its still to early to tell on (ruud for example) but there isn't enough I agree. I also hope White is starting on the line somewhere next year.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools