Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “I’m way too arrogant to let my game disintegrate in one year,” Rice said. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: November 09, 2006, 02:23:39 PM

Dal, yes he did have 12 sacks but how many of those were multi sack games?  My point was that if he played every game to the best of his abilities he could have 20 sacks a season.  He is the type of player that should record one a game.  The fact that he gets owned early in some games and doesn't bring himself out of it to atleast record a takle is bad.  The guy is injured and we don't know how bad but the type of player Rice is he should have had at least one sack last game.  He was playing a rookie making his first ever NFL start at a new position.  If he is that hurt he should be on the bech and let White play.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 09, 2006, 12:27:08 PM

That is a hilarious quote. Rice was pretty candid in that story on the front page. As much as some people hate Rice, you have to admire his honesty.

What I find VERY interesting is that he mentions how every team is going 3-step on them. How it's the protocol for how to beat this defense. It all goes back to coverage if teams are going to deploy that and the Bucs just don't have the players, right now, to make it work.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 09, 2006, 12:30:47 PM

That is a hilarious quote. Rice was pretty candid in that story on the front page. As much as some people hate Rice, you have to admire his honesty.

What I find VERY interesting is that he mentions how every team is going 3-step on them. How it's the protocol for how to beat this defense. It all goes back to coverage if teams are going to deploy that and the Bucs just don't have the players, right now, to make it work.

That if funny considering Brees had way more than 3 seconds in the pocket in last weeks game one too many times.  Teams have been using the 3 step drops against the Bucs defense since Favre was doing it at the Ray Jay seven years ago so that excuse does not fly with me.

Simply put coverage is not the issue.  The D-line is the problem.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 09, 2006, 12:35:52 PM

It's a combination but yes, Sunday was the d-line. Even though it's been used before against the Bucs we haven't seen the success from it until now.

#4 : November 09, 2006, 12:37:23 PM

It's a combination but yes, Sunday was the d-line. Even though it's been used before against the Bucs we haven't seen the success from it until now.

I actually thought both lines took the day off last Sunday.  Was it some sort of holiday for 300lbs guys down in Tampa?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 09, 2006, 12:39:03 PM

I actually thought both lines took the day off last Sunday.  Was it some sort of holiday for 300lbs guys down in Tampa?

Beautiful weather.   :P

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 09, 2006, 12:49:01 PM

Rice will admit that he is arrogant but will he admit that he is a quitter and is in the process of throwing his own season away.  I don't think that Rice tries nearly as hard when we are loosing as when we are winning.  Just look at the 5-11 season, this is the reason why I thought we should have shopped him harder before the deadline and brought back AW.  I am sick of this guy acting like his poo don't stink because he has 5 good games every season.  If he played hard for 60 minutes every game he would be all world.

#7 : November 09, 2006, 12:54:21 PM

Whatever. He's a quitter. I'm sick of defending him. He has alot of talent but he gives up on running plays, and he makes average LT's look like Walter Jones. **** Rice.

[Disclaimer- This post has been made by MR.BUCFAN, NOT ABUCCSFAN disguised as MR.BUCFAN. THANK YOU.]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 09, 2006, 12:57:46 PM

I didn't want to turn this into a Rice bash fest. Just thought the quote was funny...............that's it fellas.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : November 09, 2006, 12:59:28 PM

I didn't want to turn this into a Rice bash fest. Just thought the quote was funny...............that's it fellas.
Nothing about Rice is funny....except the fact that his cap value is $11 mil. What a joke that is.

#10 : November 09, 2006, 01:01:59 PM

Nothing about Rice is funny....except the fact that his cap value is $11 mil. What a joke that is.

Look on the brightside; next year he only has $4 million unassigned, they can cut him on June 1st and save $5 million cap space.  That means Bruce can spend all the free cap space, and cut Rice to make room for the draft class of 2007.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 09, 2006, 01:05:04 PM

Are your lives that horrid you can't laugh at a funny a** quote? Honestly, go pinch a loaf or relieve your anger some way. Hell, rub one off and lighten up. Sorry an NFL player can make you that angry....

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : November 09, 2006, 01:11:41 PM

Are your lives that horrid you can't laugh at a funny a** quote? Honestly, go pinch a loaf or relieve your anger some way. Hell, rub one off and lighten up. Sorry an NFL player can make you that angry....
Well, maybe your not smart enough to realize how overpaying Rice has negatively impacted the Buccs. Maybe a Plaxico Burress and a Rocky Bernard or  Drew Brees could be on this roster if Rice had been paid what he was worth over the last few years. But hey, every little kids has to have someone to look up at with child like amazment...if Rice is that guy for you, then I'm happy for you. Did you get his autograph?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 09, 2006, 01:34:11 PM

Rice is playing hard, I just think he is eroding.
Rice was a 1 dimensional player. He had the speed to beat tackles around the corner. There has never been anything else to his game. Now if he is too slow to beat them for whatever reason(age or injury) he's worthless. Even worse now that he is making so much money and taking away from the rest of the team. This isn't baseball, where the owners can pay players what ever they want.
When healthy, he had his games when he flat out controlled the LOS, changed the nature of the game.  He is mostly one dimensional, I agree.  But when he has his A-game clicking, that is the one dimension missing from the Bucs D-line.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 09, 2006, 01:18:58 PM

to say that Rice is a quitter and has stopped trying is asinine.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “I’m way too arrogant to let my game disintegrate in one year,” Rice said. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools