Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PATRIOTS SHOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THE WIN AGAINST THE JETS!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: September 11, 2007, 09:48:33 PM

Goodell has confirmed they were cheating and that they will face severe penalties.  This is truly unbelievable and something more severe should happen than just losing draft picks.  If they are known cheaters, which they are, they should at the very least be forced to forfiet the game against the Jets on Sunday, as well as make the HOF coach be suspended and fined.  I would even go as far as to say that the team itself shoud be suspended. 
What do you guys think?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2007, 09:55:04 PM

Stealing signs goes on all the time from what I read. Recording it is the part that breaks the rules.
Suspend the team? ???

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 11, 2007, 09:57:47 PM

Stealing signs goes on all the time from what I read. Recording it is the part that breaks the rules.
Suspend the team? ???

Oops!!  I meant to say fined.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : September 11, 2007, 09:59:26 PM

Forfeit? That will never happen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 11, 2007, 09:59:39 PM

I agree that what they did has put a HUGE cloud over Big B's status as a super coach.  Who knows how long he has been doing this.

In my opinion, Brady might not be so god like now because he knows what defense is being run.  Bill is a cheater, and not a genius, but a simple minded cheater.  When I argue with Pats fans now, I definitely have a leg up on them...their Superbowls were tainted as well...

LMAO!!

Seriously, this is hillarious because we all know that the Pats cheat, and I think they should forfeit the game.  That is the LEAST that should be done.  Call the final 2-0, Jets get a game, Pats lose out...

It is all Randy MOss's fault, FWIW...lol!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 11, 2007, 10:00:18 PM

I think they should forfeit the win; but that's just another opinion of some random guy on a message board.

#6 : September 11, 2007, 10:09:05 PM

WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OVER THIS? Ok, they were doing something against the rules, that I understand. But the fact that everyone seems to think that it is the reason behind the Pats dominance and puts a cloud over everything they've done is absolutely foolish. Have you guys heard what ex NFL coaches have been saying? They say there is no way such a process could have a major impact on the game as it takes too long to relay everything and make a decision. Sure, they could save the tape, but NFL teams change their signals on a week to week basis, making it useless in the future. Yeah, that signal stealing really helped the Pats last year when they were getting dominated by the Chargers throughout most of the game, until Brady proved once again that he can do it in the clutch. And that signal stealing really helped in the Super Bowl against the Rams when the NE offense was pathetic for most of the game, until another heroic drive by Brady. It also certainly helped Vinateri kick those field goals... Cmon guys, I thought you would have more respect for Brady then to make these wild accusations. This was just a Patriot response to the fact that Mangini had ex Pats players interviewed a week before to learn the secrets of their defense.

#7 : September 11, 2007, 10:10:22 PM

BTW forfeiting the win is also a completely ridiculous penalty. Signal stealing did not give the Pats the win, their outstanding film study, preparation, and much better personnel did that.

#8 : September 11, 2007, 10:11:24 PM

Cmon guys, I thought you would have more respect for Brady then to make these wild accusations.

When you get caught red handed, that doesn't qualify as a "wild accusation."

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 11, 2007, 10:12:19 PM

BTW forfeiting the win is also a completely ridiculous penalty. Signal stealing did not give the Pats the win, their outstanding film study, preparation, and much better personnel did that.

I didn't realize you were a Patriots fan on a Bucs board.  Tell me, how can you prove that the signal stealing didn't help them win the game?  You can't, and that is why the game should be forfeited.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 11, 2007, 10:14:08 PM

seriously, sounds like lots of whining by a bunch of jealous people. hear bill parcells laugh about this one? you dont think other nfl teams are doing it? why? because only the patriots got caught? ya... okayyyy... keep tellin yourself that one. it shouldn't matter if brady knows what the defense is gonna do, if they do it right.

god stop your crying.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 11, 2007, 10:15:02 PM

Exactly.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 11, 2007, 10:15:44 PM

Exactly.

Joe, looks like we may have found a full time gig for you here in Tampa!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 11, 2007, 10:16:51 PM

Makes one wonder why the would have such a rule now doesn't it cutthroatkerly.  If there is no advantage to be obtained then why have the rule?  Stupid NFL.

Unless there is some advantage and the league knows it - and won't have it going on - in which case if it is indeed a second offense there should be a penalty, and if the HC knew about the "cheating" he should be subject to the penalty, be it a fine or suspension - and the GM should be in for some of the same.

Of course if the ex NFL coaches say there is no advantage then perhaps the NFL has screwed this up.  But I doubt.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#14 : September 11, 2007, 10:21:48 PM

Ok, BucsGuru, idk if you watched the games or saw the highlights, but maybe when Randy Moss outran 3 Jets for a TD. Hmm seems to me like the Jets had plenty of defenders in the right spot for that play, considering they had 3 covering him. That seems to me much more like a mismatch in personel. And apparently because I'm defending the Pats, suddenly I'm a Pats fan. Some of you people really disgust me...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PATRIOTS SHOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THE WIN AGAINST THE JETS!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools