Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PATRIOTS SHOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THE WIN AGAINST THE JETS!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 11, 2007, 11:02:05 PM

I agree...they should have to forfeit the win.

If the NFL suspends people for "doing things OFF the field" that don't affect the game, what should the NFL do to a bunch of Pete Rose, ChicagoBlackSox cheaters???

FORFEIT!

Come down hard on this ####, Goodell.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 11, 2007, 11:04:02 PM

Makes one wonder why the would have such a rule now doesn't it cutthroatkerly.  If there is no advantage to be obtained then why have the rule?  Stupid NFL.

so by your logic then the NFL has a reason for each one of its rules and not a one of their rules is questionable....riiight. you do know this is the same league that was gonna fine peyton manning for wearing different shoes in honor of unitas right? the same league that fined plummer for wearing a sticker in honor of pat tillman? the same league that now doesnt allow ball spiking?

the list goes on and on...

bottom line, just because the NFL makes it a rule doesn't mean it has an effect on the game.

how's this any different than L.T. (that would be Lawrence Taylor) sending hookers to opposing players rooms the night before?

**CENSORED** happens... it just so happens that you are blinded by your jealousy of the Patriots to realize that it's really not a huge deal. You just wanna see them fail.

i could see that attitude if it was a division rival... but they aren't, so it makes ya look childish.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 11, 2007, 11:09:36 PM

I agree they shouldn't forfeit the game....but I say suspend the coach for a couple weeks...that will send a message at least.
I hope they lose draft picks too....if the bucs were caught doing it....Id say the same thing.

The thing that bothers me is the extra frequencies they were using......that has been kept kinda quiet.....if its what i think it is...(listening to play calls of other team) then they have a serious problem.

what other explanation could there be....extra guys with earpieces in helmets????

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 11, 2007, 11:11:28 PM

I....if the bucs were caught doing it....Id say the same thing.

i call shenanigans.

no way... you'd be sayin its the same thing as them watchin game tape.

LIAR.

#19 : September 11, 2007, 11:11:39 PM

Stealing signs goes on all the time from what I read. Recording it is the part that breaks the rules.

I was listening to a lil of Ronde tonite on The Barber Shop and he said that all teams have someone on the payroll that does this very thing. He said that the Patriots messed up by having the guy video the signals.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 11, 2007, 11:14:32 PM

Makes one wonder why the would have such a rule now doesn't it cutthroatkerly.  If there is no advantage to be obtained then why have the rule?  Stupid NFL.

so by your logic then the NFL has a reason for each one of its rules and not a one of their rules is questionable....riiight. you do know this is the same league that was gonna fine peyton manning for wearing different shoes in honor of unitas right? the same league that fined plummer for wearing a sticker in honor of pat tillman? the same league that now doesnt allow ball spiking?

the list goes on and on...

bottom line, just because the NFL makes it a rule doesn't mean it has an effect on the game.

how's this any different than L.T. (that would be Lawrence Taylor) sending hookers to opposing players rooms the night before?

crap happens... it just so happens that you are blinded by your jealousy of the Patriots to realize that it's really not a huge deal. You just wanna see them fail.

i could see that attitude if it was a division rival... but they aren't, so it makes ya look childish.

SO the division rival would make a difference to you?  Not to me.

As for the rest of the rant - yea they had reasons - poor reasons but reasons none the less.

And to be perfectly honest, I couldn't possibly care less about the patriots - unless of course they are breaking the rules - and then the should face the penalty.  Like I said patiently before.  So pack up the inaccurate statements you made about the posts.  

It is a rule, if they broke it, they pay.  Like other rules.  Not that hard to understand.  Not even up for approval from you or me.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 11, 2007, 11:40:39 PM

Take the W away from the Pats to prove a point to the rest of the league? Sounds good!

It's okay to steal signs using your eyes and vast knowledge of your opponent, but recording them on video via spy? That is a major cheat imo.

~~~IF they do not lose this game, they should have ALL of thier first day draft picks taken away in 2008.~~~

Put some fear in the hearts of every other team and make them think twice.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 11, 2007, 11:43:30 PM

Extremely dissapointed that the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters.  It definately puts a taint on what they have accomplished.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 11, 2007, 11:52:47 PM

I....if the bucs were caught doing it....Id say the same thing.

i call shenanigans.

no way... you'd be sayin its the same thing as them watchin game tape.

LIAR.

Im all for calling shenanigans......however calling me a liar on this is probably not the best way to go...

I love my bucs.....but id rather them lose than win by cheating like that. If you want to call me a liar fine....find some evidence that im being dishonest.

#24 : September 12, 2007, 12:15:37 AM

Once again, not a big deal. Everyone around here is looking for an excuse to trash the pats and all they've done.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 12, 2007, 12:38:27 AM

Once again, not a big deal. Everyone around here is looking for an excuse to trash the pats and all they've done.

When the commisioner is involved it is a big deal. 

P.S.  I would hope the majority of the posters around here are Bucs fans.  But I continue to be suprised lately it seems.

T

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 12, 2007, 12:41:03 AM

They should take away some draft picks or make their Head Coach wear a suit for a game instead of looking like a hobo.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 12, 2007, 12:42:01 AM

I think this is worse than the Michael Vick thing.    The Patriots should get a stiffer penalty than Vick gets (whatever that may be).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 12, 2007, 01:09:43 AM

Losing draft picks is pretty huge, IMO.

Looks like the Goodell Crew are thinking the same thing.  You can have your opinions, whatever. What is to say that they could not use the footage (whatever it may be) in a later date?  It is cheating, no matter how "minute" it may seem to you...The Pats had a "better" personnel group, right Kerley?  So why would they need to cheat?

You guys saying that this is no big deal need to wake up...because the rest of the NFL doesn't agree at all.  And neither do I.  What they did was stupid, pathetic, and low class.

They have all the Heroic talent (LMAO at Kerley again) in the world, why would they need to steal signals?  To film the placards?  To know the scheme?  Because it is an advantage, and Big Bill had to have known about this.

This is not a conspiracy here...it is a pathetic fact.  Pats have no need to do all this, but yet they did...sad.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 12, 2007, 05:43:04 AM

I think this is worse than the Michael Vick thing.    The Patriots should get a stiffer penalty than Vick gets (whatever that may be).

WOW.... this just shows how pigheaded the majority of posters are being. it's nothing more than you all finally having a reason to trash the patriots. it's truly amazing how you all think that the pats are some evil empire that are the only ones doin this and how they've oh so tainted the truly honest and respectable game of football.

PATHETIC
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PATRIOTS SHOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THE WIN AGAINST THE JETS!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools