Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PATRIOTS SHOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THE WIN AGAINST THE JETS!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 12, 2007, 05:48:02 AM

the pats are some evil empire that are the only ones doin this and how they've oh so tainted the truly honest and respectable game of football.

Good post.   I agree.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 12, 2007, 08:48:42 AM

It would be interesting to track back and see the first half score from the second half score. It seems whenever I watch the Pats the game is close in the first half then they blow the doors off the team in the second. Who know.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 12, 2007, 09:26:02 AM

Before anybody gets too high on their horses I would like to remind folks of the Superbowl in 2002.

Anybody remember John Lynch shouting at Monte that they knew exactly what the Raiders were going to do and they made 'the call'?

Also, PR even put up an article last week about Ellis Wyms might help out his new team - The Seahawks, with their audibles and signals etc and so on. Everybody does it folks, even us. It is not a case of what is done but how you do it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 12, 2007, 09:31:17 AM

The issue is video taping the coaches as I recall.  Not watching or listening to try to figure out the calls.  The reason for the rule is to prevent the comparision of the signals to the action on the field - and avoiding a historical record that can be analyzed in a much shorter time frame.

Fine, suspension or draft picks - we will see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#34 : September 12, 2007, 09:37:10 AM

this is much ado about nothing.

#35 : September 12, 2007, 09:48:22 AM

this is much ado about nothing.

I agree

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 12, 2007, 10:13:28 AM

As much as it can be debated as to how much help this can actually be to a team, the fact remains that what the Pats have apparently done is against the rules and is considered a form of cheating. The way everyone goes nuts over players "cheating" my feeling is that, as a person of authority,  Bellicheck should be suspended for multiple games. The fact or the feeling that "everyone does it" is irrelevant unless that point is applied to all situations.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 12, 2007, 10:19:17 AM

As much as it can be debated as to how much help this can actually be to a team, the fact remains that what the Pats have apparently done is against the rules and is considered a form of cheating. The way everyone goes nuts over players "cheating" my feeling is that, as a person of authority,  Bellicheck should be suspended for multiple games. The fact or the feeling that "everyone does it" is irrelevant unless that point is applied to all situations.

I do question the value of this but the Pats think it helps them and the league has outlawed it.  If Wade Wilson gets 5 games for buying 'roids to help him get an erection then Bellichek should get the same penalty for this.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 12, 2007, 10:21:58 AM

All I want is the draft picks penalty - that's the only thing that helps the Bucs. Moves everybody up one.

Of course the way we draft....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 12, 2007, 10:30:29 AM

Before anybody gets too high on their horses I would like to remind folks of the Superbowl in 2002.

Anybody remember John Lynch shouting at Monte that they knew exactly what the Raiders were going to do and they made 'the call'?

Also, PR even put up an article last week about Ellis Wyms might help out his new team - The Seahawks, with their audibles and signals etc and so on. Everybody does it folks, even us. It is not a case of what is done but how you do it.
The reason why Lynch said that is because Callahan was running Grudens offense, running the plays he helped design.  So based on formation, the BUcs knew what was up.

The NFL is probably going to take away draft picks, so as light hearted as many of you make this out to be, the penalty incurred doesn't exactly seem to agree with you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 12, 2007, 10:35:06 AM

Perhaps Hate - on the other hand maybe not.  Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 12, 2007, 12:13:28 PM

The reason why Lynch said that is because Callahan was running Grudens offense, running the plays he helped design. So based on formation, the BUcs knew what was up.

Exactly.   We weren't the ones cheating, the Raiders were.   If they want to copy and use the offense that Gruden developed, then of course we will know their plays.   That's drastically different from spying on another team's play calls to learn them and in effect cheat like Belichick has apparently been doing for years.

#42 : September 12, 2007, 12:17:58 PM

WOW.... this just shows how pigheaded the majority of posters are being. it's nothing more than you all finally having a reason to trash the patriots. it's truly amazing how you all think that the pats are some evil empire that are the only ones doin this and how they've oh so tainted the truly honest and respectable game of football.

PATHETIC

Yeah, the Patriots have been a successful franchise for years... they should be allowed to cheat.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 12, 2007, 12:47:54 PM

Goodell will drop the hammer on the Patriots becuase they were caught. 

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 12, 2007, 12:57:20 PM

WOW.... this just shows how pigheaded the majority of posters are being. it's nothing more than you all finally having a reason to trash the patriots. it's truly amazing how you all think that the pats are some evil empire that are the only ones doin this and how they've oh so tainted the truly honest and respectable game of football.

PATHETIC

Yeah, the Patriots have been a successful franchise for years... they should be allowed to cheat.

wow...how illuminated is it with your head up your ass cause that's the only way you could take that from what i said.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PATRIOTS SHOULD HAVE TO FORFIET THE WIN AGAINST THE JETS!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools