Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW COACH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: November 13, 2006, 11:40:42 AM

That seems to be the trend these days.

Few have anything good to say about anything.

Haven't seen so much negative posting in all my time on this site.

There is an old adage-to paraphrase
If you can't say something positive, say nothing.  Well some understood it to mean, if you can say something negative ,have at it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 13, 2006, 11:34:58 AM

Sounds like a lot of people are getting blasted around here!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 13, 2006, 11:32:05 AM

How soon we forget.

Posters on here were blasting Simms before he got hurt, much to ABUCCS chagrin.

Well now we got a new QB to blast. And when the next one gets here he'll be blasted.
(It happened to Young, Testaverde, Dilfer, Griese, Johnson, Williams etc etc etc).

Tampa fans are notorious for blasting someone. Now it happens to be Gruden,  Rice and Grads.

Who knows who it will be next month. Rest assured it will be someone or most probably someones.

Some can see no good in anything.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#3 : November 09, 2006, 05:56:48 PM

:o

If I were a business man looking at things in simple Business 101 terms I would have to really fight myself not to fire Gruden. Gruden has value right now, teams would give up draft picks to get him, no doubt about that. People are still fooled by his repuation. We have a load of cap room and will have great draft picks of our own.
What is going to happen if we stick with Gruden and he just never turns this team around?   he will have no value and will be fired, or quit. Our D is not going to get much better because Gruden only drafted good offensive players. We are pinning our hopes on his word that a 6th round 6 foot QB is the answer. Meanwhile we have never had a great offense, and IMO the only reason Gruden had a good offense in Oakland is because of Gannon.
Gruden is 80% personality and 20% talent.
He has brought in more flops than success stories, and they guys he brought in are gone, old or can't play anymore.
How can we trust him with $20+M in cap room given his track record and the fact that Allen will pretty much do as Gruden says.
We made the playoffs last year, got all of our players back but Jackson and look at us now. I hope to God the companies i have stock with handle their business better than the Buc's, because right now the Buc's are a kin to ENRON.

People thought the Cowboys were crazy to get rid of Hershal Walker, well look at what happend to them when they did, 2 first ballot HOF and a Irvin will get in one day.... THey won a SB with Barry Switzer!!!!!, yeah it was Jimmys team, but wasn't our 02 team really just...I won't bother you get the drift.

#4 : November 09, 2006, 06:07:21 PM

Yeah, our 02 team was SAM WYCHE's team.  It was WYCHE that drafted Brooks and Sapp, NOT Dungy! 

<no drift>

BucfaninDC

Starter

#5 : November 09, 2006, 06:17:37 PM

I'm not a Gruden fan, but how many times does this have to be told to people....You can no longer get draft picks for a coach.  So to use that as a reason to fire him now is just plain assinine. 

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 09, 2006, 06:18:37 PM

Actually, the NFL banned trading draft picks for coaches a couple seasons back.  Thanks for playing though.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : November 09, 2006, 06:24:29 PM

You can't trade draft picks for coaches anymore. So it doesn't matter to the Glazers what Gruden's value is to other teams. They either fire him or they don't. They won't get jack for him either way. Also, the Glazers understand the bad situation they put this team in now in order to win a SB in 2002: that is by giving up a whopping 7 1st and 2nd round draft picks between 2000 and 2004: two #1s and two #2s to get Gruden, two #1s for Keyshawn, and trading a #2 to move up to get Yatta. As well as using up all their cap room to keep their star players. And their plan worked and they got a Lombardi. But they mortgaged the future of the franchise and the bill is being paid now.
They have given Gruden very little draft and cap wise to work with until now, that is why they will wait and see what he'll do with a lot of cap room and his 3rd full draft.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 09, 2006, 07:21:43 PM

People thought the Cowboys were crazy to get rid of Hershal Walker, well look at what happend to them when they did, 2 first ballot HOF and a Irvin will get in one day.... THey won a SB with Barry Switzer!!!!!, yeah it was Jimmys team, but wasn't our 02 team really just...I won't bother you get the drift.
Who thought that? That was highway robbery from the get go. Mike Lynn owed some favors to the NFL front office or something. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 09, 2006, 07:27:32 PM

If I were a business man looking at things in simple Business 101 terms I would have to really fight myself not to fire Gruden. Gruden has value right now, teams would give up draft picks to get him, no doubt about that.

LOL.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#10 : November 09, 2006, 09:02:10 PM

yeah LOL is right he would have no value anyway, what was I thinking...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 09, 2006, 09:23:47 PM

wow ... a thought nobody has talked about here ... no ... not at all ... never ... what a new concept ... way to contribute.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 09, 2006, 09:33:05 PM

yeah LOL is right he would have no value anyway, what was I thinking...

I'm laughing at you thinking the Glazers would be able to get draft picks for a coach.

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 09, 2006, 09:48:34 PM

If I were a business man looking at things in simple Business 101 terms I would have to really fight myself not to fire Gruden

With thinking like this, your business would be bankrupt pretty quickly.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#14 : November 10, 2006, 09:02:01 AM

:o

If I were a business man looking at things in simple Business 101 terms I would have to really fight myself not to fire Gruden. Gruden has value right now, teams would give up draft picks to get him, no doubt about that. People are still fooled by his repuation. We have a load of cap room and will have great draft picks of our own.
What is going to happen if we stick with Gruden and he just never turns this team around?   he will have no value and will be fired, or quit. Our D is not going to get much better because Gruden only drafted good offensive players. We are pinning our hopes on his word that a 6th round 6 foot QB is the answer. Meanwhile we have never had a great offense, and IMO the only reason Gruden had a good offense in Oakland is because of Gannon.
Gruden is 80% personality and 20% talent.
He has brought in more flops than success stories, and they guys he brought in are gone, old or can't play anymore.
How can we trust him with $20+M in cap room given his track record and the fact that Allen will pretty much do as Gruden says.
We made the playoffs last year, got all of our players back but Jackson and look at us now. I hope to God the companies i have stock with handle their business better than the Buc's, because right now the Buc's are a kin to ENRON.

1) You're wrong about the Gruden's talent.  He's incredibly talented, he's just a better coach than a GM.  I'm hoping he turns this around, though, and I'm willing to stick with him for another year or two, but he needs to show some progress.

2) Every team in the NFL is under the cap this year.

3) You can't trade coaches the same way you could in '01.  The new rule was in response to the original Gruden trade.

4) The D was ranked #1 in the league last year.  Who could've seen this fall off coming?  Now, it's clear that something needs to be done.

5) The Cowboys would've won the SB with a scarecrow as head coach.  The Bucs would not have won the Sb without Gruden.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW COACH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools