Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW COACH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 11, 2006, 12:04:45 AM

I gotcha.

Even though I cannot stand Gruden, (even said I'd fire his Ass today)I think it would be unwise to fire anyone until the end of the season.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 11, 2006, 12:41:55 AM

I give him 2 more years, since he did win a superbowl.  With a few more high picks under his belt, I believe he can turn this ugliness around.  Also add in more cap space and Bruce will get creative with who they bring in.  I say in 2 years we will be back on the high roads.  Gruden is a proven winner in the league, and has faced more obstacles in Tampa then anywhere he has been.

Obstacles:
No QB to last a whole season
aging defense
young offense
cap problems
few draft picks
ast. coaches leaving

What I am looking forward too:
Bruce Gradkowski growing up in the system
the whole young offensive coming together
What studs we will bring in through FA or the draft to help the defense get back on their game.

Give this FO up to 2 years.  Stop whinning about this year.  Watch for progress and know that we have 4 picks on the first day next offseason. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#32 : November 11, 2006, 11:17:12 AM

We will not get better unless the defense somehow plays as it did in the past, and or we get a great QB. On the other hand if we do keep Gruden and he makes Grad's his little protoge and he learns the system, what will happen if we still have 2 more losing seasons, do we still keep Gruden? I say they can't possilby keep him if we have 3 under .500 seasons in a row. Then we are stuck with an undersized system QB.
If we don't draft a QB we had better do what we need to do to keep Simms, and he wil beat Grad's out of a job in the next trainging camp. Even if Gruden puls a Gruden and plays favorites eventually Grad's will play bad and Gruden will put Simms in. I think if Gruden keeps Grad's and brings in some old washed up Vet, he had better win, and Simms had better not go to a team and play great, if we still play bad and Simms is playing great for another team, I can't see how Gruden keeps his job after next season.
Some like M-J-S wear blinders because they work with a Texas fan who just knows Simms does not have what it takes. I guess hard work, toughness, mental toughness (face it Gruden rode Simms much much much harder than he rides Grad's) a cannon arm , a great deep ball, accuracy. ideal height and intelligance is just not enough to make it in the NFL.
It takes a ham and egger 6th rounder that is undersized, that Gruden sees some of himself in. Tough kid, but too small, no arm can't make up for it IMO.

#33 : November 11, 2006, 03:59:57 PM

We will not get better unless the defense somehow plays as it did in the past, and or we get a great QB. On the other hand if we do keep Gruden and he makes Grad's his little protoge and he learns the system, what will happen if we still have 2 more losing seasons, do we still keep Gruden? I say they can't possilby keep him if we have 3 under .500 seasons in a row. Then we are stuck with an undersized system QB.
If we don't draft a QB we had better do what we need to do to keep Simms, and he wil beat Grad's out of a job in the next trainging camp. Even if Gruden puls a Gruden and plays favorites eventually Grad's will play bad and Gruden will put Simms in. I think if Gruden keeps Grad's and brings in some old washed up Vet, he had better win, and Simms had better not go to a team and play great, if we still play bad and Simms is playing great for another team, I can't see how Gruden keeps his job after next season.
Some like M-J-S wear blinders because they work with a Texas fan who just knows Simms does not have what it takes. I guess hard work, toughness, mental toughness (face it Gruden rode Simms much much much harder than he rides Grad's) a cannon arm , a great deep ball, accuracy. ideal height and intelligance is just not enough to make it in the NFL.
It takes a ham and egger 6th rounder that is undersized, that Gruden sees some of himself in. Tough kid, but too small, no arm can't make up for it IMO.
LOL. Sounds to me you're a Simms fan, not a Bucs fan. Yes, Simms has good traits that you mentioned but you fail to point out his lack of mobility, the fact that he stares down his receivers, and his constant progressing, then regressing. Simms had a good year last year but this year he flat out stunk, and Gruden's patience ran out on him. Grads is the man now, like it or not.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 11, 2006, 04:07:27 PM

Once again another quality post from the dumbest guy ever on this board.  You know who I mean, you have always been the dumbest and still are.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#35 : November 11, 2006, 06:10:14 PM

I am for the Bucs having the best players and IMO Simms is simply a better QB than Grad's.

Its funny how a person is considered "dumb" for having a differant opinion, but Zell I would bet a lot of people you consider "dumb" make a better living than you and have a better life than you, so don't call names when you have no idea who you are talking to.

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 12, 2006, 12:17:18 AM

Zell, how much did you drink toinght?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 12, 2006, 12:19:41 AM

Once again another quality post from the dumbest guy ever on this board. You know who I mean, you have always been the dumbest and still are.

Might as well call the suspect out man...

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 12, 2006, 12:20:45 AM

I am for the Bucs having the best players and IMO Simms is simply a better QB than Grad's.

Its funny how a person is considered "dumb" for having a differant opinion, but Zell I would bet a lot of people you consider "dumb" make a better living than you and have a better life than you, so don't call names when you have no idea who you are talking to.
Simms 1td 7 int
Grads  6 TD 1 int

Grads wins, now go home.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 13, 2006, 07:31:08 AM

Once again another quality post from the dumbest guy ever on this board. You know who I mean, you have always been the dumbest and still are.

Might as well call the suspect out man...

What who is this UM1999 guy think he is.....oh yeah the dumbest guy on the board....hilarious that you figured it out.   My goodness what a bait job, you gobbled that up like a "catfish on a chicken liver",  naw I was referring to boid fink or maybe not....but definitely someone...probably me and my miserable existance......wait I love me....so I guess it  would be YOU, whoever    YOU  is.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

#40 : November 13, 2006, 07:22:19 AM

and when they can win a SB like gruden then i'll put them in the same category.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 12, 2006, 08:10:28 AM

You can't trade draft picks for coaches anymore. So it doesn't matter to the Glazers what Gruden's value is to other teams. They either fire him or they don't. They won't get jack for him either way. Also, the Glazers understand the bad situation they put this team in now in order to win a SB in 2002: that is by giving up a whopping 7 1st and 2nd round draft picks between 2000 and 2004: two #1s and two #2s to get Gruden, two #1s for Keyshawn, and trading a #2 to move up to get Yatta. As well as using up all their cap room to keep their star players. And their plan worked and they got a Lombardi. But they mortgaged the future of the franchise and the bill is being paid now.
They have given Gruden very little draft and cap wise to work with until now, that is why they will wait and see what he'll do with a lot of cap room and his 3rd full draft.

Finally someone with some common sence.. thank you zen

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 12, 2006, 08:50:27 AM

In my opinion I like both Simms and Grads as starting QB's in this league.  With that said it is hard to argue at this point that Simms is better than Grads other than Simms has more playing experience and years in the offensive systems.

INKED_UP_BUCS_FAN

Practice Squad

#43 : November 12, 2006, 10:10:49 AM

by the end of the year.. grabs will be the better QB.

I  think so, still young and making a lot of throws to his check down WR, but I like his mobility and he has a good arm, I would like to see him over simms, next year. I think they will make a offer to s really good backup this offseason though, so there no in the same spot as they were this year, that is all your trust in a young QB with not many games on his belt.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 12, 2006, 10:05:32 AM

by the end of the year.. grabs will be the better QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW COACH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools