Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW COACH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#45 : November 13, 2006, 02:25:28 AM

if not gruden then who?
OK, I'll say this one more time. Do you think the Saints, Rams and Jets fans when asked the same question last season would have replied to your question with the names of Payton, Leinahan and Mangini respectively? No, they wouldn't have....but I'll bet they are all happy.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse the firing of Gruden....I'm just pointing out how stupid this "tell me who you want to replace Gruden" question really is.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 12, 2006, 11:07:19 AM

Actually, the NFL banned trading draft picks for coaches a couple seasons back.  Thanks for playing though.

Yeah the compitition commitee banned that practice just before McKay went to the Falcons. BTW, the same compitition commitee that McKay was the head of. Gee, wonder if there was anything funny there?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 13, 2006, 12:23:01 PM

Dal,

You are correct in part of your response.

Tampa has shown a history of railing against their QB's no matter who they are-and that's not only fans, but in many cases led by the local media (radio and print)

Of course the fans have a right to grouse and they should if they are not happy about something about their team. I never said they shouldn't.

If you go back to the late spring and up to and including pre-season, many of the media predicted we would have problems this year. But many supporters just didn't want to believe it.

IMO, last year was a fluke and it covered a myriad of problems. Those problems, I agree did not happen overnite and its been repeated here so many times, I won't go into it again.

We have a young inexperienced QB right now who was thrust into the fire. No I didn't expect him to be another Marino and I expected him to have numerous problems-which he's had. IMO, however it has not all been bad. But to have expected otherwise, is not realistic.

JMO

I also recognize that many fans and some posters make comments for which there is no basis in fact i.e. get draft picks for Gruden.

Maybe I'm just not as tolerant as some, when people display their ignorance. And that doesn't apply to just football.

I believe if you are going to discuss a topic you should understand the topic and not just throw out meaningless or uninformed jabber or worse just plain hatred.

Needless to say, this should be expected on a BB of this type, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or accept it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW COACH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools