Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Today's Blitz show « previous next »
Page: 1

BucForce

Starter

: November 11, 2006, 03:47:28 PM

I only caught the tail end of it, so I'm hoping someone can fill me in. It sounded like the Blitz Boys were saying , in so many words, that they know for a fact that some players have quit on Gruden and the season. They wouldn't name names obviously, but if anyone heard the show from the beginning and can fill me in, I'd really appreciate it...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 11, 2006, 04:02:34 PM

I like the Blitz boys.  Yes they have good football knowledge, but Bucs insider knowledge? No.

If there are players who have quit they won't be here next year.  On offense they are trying to prove themselves regardless of record.  I don't see why any of them would quit.  Maybe Galloway could quit but he has too much class.   On defense, e just don't have the talent.  Guys  may be demoralized, but thats not the same as quitting.  Brooks is too old.   He's not getting the job done. Are you going to then call him a quitter?  Rice isn't getting it done. He's seriously banged up.  Problem is he will be banged up for the rest of his career.  Quarles. Is he a quitter?  OK I dare you to say that to his face. He won't quit until he's in his grave.  Problem is he's a couple steps too close to that with all the injuries he has.   You want to call Phillips a quitter?  How can you quit when you suck to begin with?  Its tough to come up with the names.

Point is that its easy to say "some guys have quit."   The Blitz Boys can't name names so they are off the hook for that.  But fans can name names, so lets name them? Who are the quitters?

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 11, 2006, 04:10:32 PM

If I'm not mistaken both Justin & Jason are Pewter Report subscribers, they are pretty knowledgable and entertaining to listen to.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 11, 2006, 08:03:10 PM

But fans can name names, so lets name them? Who are the quitters?

Booger, oh wait :D

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 11, 2006, 11:19:11 PM

Tim Tebow is a hitter.......not a quitter

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : November 11, 2006, 11:42:26 PM

I posted this question on PI for SR& JF. The Blitz Boys were discussing Gruden's job security. They came back from a break & said one of them had received p call from a "definate insider" who said some guys don't care any more. They are at one Buc & all the PCs. You would have to think there is something up.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : November 12, 2006, 12:16:14 AM

I was watching the Iowa vs. Wisconsin game today and something interesting was said. Iowa is having a bad season and the players and coaches there said not to say that they were quitters and not to say that they weren't giving their total effort. The problem wasn't lack of effort but rather lack of energy. I want to believe and really do think that this lack of energy rather than lack of effort is our problem here. We just haven't got it together and it is demoralizing.

Some players might have quit. That happens. Simeon quits in a lot of games. He becomes the invisible DE. This stuff happens with losing in the NFL. Hopefully it isn't true though.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : November 12, 2006, 12:23:39 AM

What do you mean--lack of energy? Like lack of vitamins or what?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : November 12, 2006, 12:24:40 AM

What do you mean--lack of energy? Like lack of vitamins or what?

Before I even answer, are you serious?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : November 12, 2006, 01:01:32 AM

What's the difference between lack of effort & lack of energy?

#10 : November 12, 2006, 01:04:05 AM

What's the difference between lack of effort & lack of energy?
lack of effort = full of energy, just not trying
lack of energy = dog tired, but trying

#11 : November 12, 2006, 06:33:42 AM

Lack of energy can be tied into lack of motivation- coaches are getting the players pumped up to play.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Today's Blitz show « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools