Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting question to Anti-Grudens « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: September 12, 2007, 11:20:03 PM

In all seriousness, if your wish came true and the Glazers fired Gruden at the end of this season, who are the candidates you'd like for the Glazers to interview for the Head Coaching job?

Seeing that you have 0 tolerance for rebuilding an empire of champions and have no patience at all for another failed season. Which new Head Coach can come in here and make a huge turn around and turn this team into instant contenders?

do not mistake this as a sarcastic question, I really would like to read your comments on this

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 13, 2007, 12:31:21 AM

Tony Dungy!! lol!! BEST ANSWER EVER!!

#2 : September 13, 2007, 12:37:55 AM

LMAO- riiight

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 13, 2007, 12:39:18 AM

Seeing that you have 0 tolerance for rebuilding an empire of champions and have no patience at all for another failed season. Which new Head Coach can come in here and make a huge turn around and turn this team into instant contenders?

Zero tolerance, are you freaking kidding.  People just want to see progress, and after five years in the job Gruden appears to be struggling.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 13, 2007, 12:40:44 AM

Not going to dwell on it.

I am hoping Gruden turns this crusty ship around.

If that means heads roll (Brooks, Bisaccia, Muir), then let it be.  Gruden cannot associate with guys who can't bring it anymore.

It is sad to think that Brooks is a liability out there...VERY SAD.

#5 : September 13, 2007, 12:59:01 AM

Zero tolerance, are you freaking kidding.  People just want to see progress, and after five years in the job Gruden appears to be struggling.

this thread is not intended for argument MSJ. The question is about coaching. wanna argue, go join the other threads dedicated to bashing Jon Gruden.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 13, 2007, 01:58:29 AM

I really don't want to see Gruden gone. But if he is, some of the realistic candidates (and NOT Cowher or Parcells) include:
Greg Schiano, Rutgers HC- Seen him turn a godawful program into a top 25 team. He likes Rutgers, but a HC job in the NFL might be too much to ignore.
Jack Del Rio- If Jax fails to make the playoffs, he might be cut loose. I like the guy. I'd like to see what he could do with a real QB and a bad enough record gives him a chance to draft one.
Steve Mariucci- It didn't work out in Detroit, but a big part of that was a lack of talent. A few drafts here and you never know.
Les Miles- Nice work at LSU. Might be a little soon, but is a winner.

In Verner We Trust

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 13, 2007, 02:01:40 AM

Where are the middle of the road people?  Seriously, if the Bucs go 4-12 Gruden needs to go and take Allen with him. I am a big fan of Gruden actually, but another losing season will cost him his job.  I understand the defense in rebuilding mode, but the offense perplexes me.  Don't know if he is the offensive czar he was made out to be, but now that he has a QB we will see.  He just has not been able to adjust to the personnel he has.  Where are all those mis-matches we used to get during the SB year?  I am a fan and hope he has a winning season, and I think we will.  If the unfortunate happens here are a few candidates:

Stoops
Urban Meyer
Billy Donavon (just kidding)
Cower
Jason Garrett
Mike Martz (So you want offense?)  Simms would come in handy
Mike Singletary

Just a few, but I am not an anti-Gruden.  I just want to talk football.

#8 : September 13, 2007, 02:11:49 AM

NO TO MARIUCCI!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 13, 2007, 02:14:23 AM

I really would like to see Allen go BEFORE Gruden. Keeping Allen and getting rid of Gruden could be the most damaging thing we do.
Singletary wouldn't be a bad choice of that list, though.

In Verner We Trust

#10 : September 13, 2007, 02:17:30 AM

I disagree about releasing Allen. Bruce Allen is the most intelligent GM in the entire NFL League. What he has done in the offseason is incredible.

#11 : September 13, 2007, 02:18:24 AM

To be honest, every coach being mentioned here does not impress me, I rather keep Gruden.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 13, 2007, 08:16:58 AM

Assistant coaches who look like head coaching candidates tend to spring up quickly. Who thought Gruden was head coaching material a year or two before Oakland hired him? Who thought Eric Mangini was head coaching material a year or two before the Jets hired him?

Also, Gruden has yet to truly re-build. It's been a bunch of hybrid plans. If we were truly re-building, we wouldn't have so many 30-year-olds on the team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Mellow

Starter

#13 : September 13, 2007, 08:26:52 AM

Zero tolerance, are you freaking kidding. People just want to see progress, and after five years in the job Gruden appears to be struggling.

this thread is not intended for argument MSJ. The question is about coaching. wanna argue, go join the other threads dedicated to bashing Jon Gruden.

closetmaster, YOU were the one who brought up the argumentative line about "Seeing that you have 0 tolerance for rebuilding an empire of champions . . . "

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 13, 2007, 08:36:56 AM

It isn't a sarcastic question (which it is obviously), it is stupid question which isn't as obvious to you which shows the problem.

I have patience but the problem is you have to show some sign of direction and progress. This team hasn't. Who is the QB of the future? Who is the RB of the future? Who is the TE of the future? LOT, C, WLB, CB....and the beat goes on. We've got answers at OG allegedly but that didn't look so good. We've got a keeper at MLB but other than that we've not got a ton we can point at. This season will point that way and likely answer a ton of those questions that might still be lingering about.

7-9 with Cady and Ruud and Adams leading the way is acceptable.
7-9 with Garcia, Galloway and Barber leading the way isn't

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting question to Anti-Grudens « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools