Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting question to Anti-Grudens « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucfaninDC

Starter

#30 : September 13, 2007, 12:23:51 PM

I'd like Joe Barry.

I would like Barry or Singletary as I think either one would light a fire under the defense and hold them accountable for their play.  Even then bumping Morris up to DC under them, because he was the only coach on the sideline last Sunday that showed emotion and looked like he was into the game.

The only concern I would have is who, under Barry or Singletary, do they bring in as the OC?  

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 13, 2007, 12:32:58 PM

Steve Sarkisian

acacius

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 13, 2007, 12:54:49 PM

I remain unwilling to make any sort of a "The team needs to win X games for Gruden to keep his job" statement.  I really don't think our record matters this year.  What needs to happen is that the young guys on the team need to show real signs of development and it needs to look like we're forming a real core of a football team.  If that happens, great.  If it doesn't, enough time has gone by that Gruden has pretty much run out of excuses, in my opinion.

Now, what post that.  Well, I want to emphasize that even if I'm at a point at the end of the season where I want to see Gruden go, it will NOT be about my having 0 tolerance for rebuilding.  I just want to see signs that we actually are rebuilding.

Name-wise, I've been kind of jumping onto the Mike Singletary bandwagon.  What this team needs is a teacher, and from everything I've read, Singletary should be able to fill that role.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 13, 2007, 12:56:27 PM

I agree; I think Singletary will be a very good HC.  I'm really hoping our next HC will be a "defense guy".  I was really hoping Tomlin or Rod would be able to take the reins one day.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 13, 2007, 01:17:00 PM

Agreeing with Acacius - kind of along the lines of if you are either getting better or worse - paraphrasing Coach Gruden as I recall.

And I like like Singletary but would really want to talk to Mike Tomlin or Joe Barry. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 13, 2007, 01:19:19 PM

And I like like Singletary but would really want to talk to Mike Tomlin or Joe Barry. 

Did you mean to say Tomlin here?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 13, 2007, 01:23:41 PM

Did you mean to say Tomlin here?

As a potential HC yes.  And yes I know he is under contract with the Steelers bf anyone wants to point that out. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 13, 2007, 01:30:27 PM

I want a coach and GM that only drafts players that will always be NFL stars. lol   Every year after the draft is over and they have all played for a year I most certainly know everyone of them.. Why can't all these coaches and GM's see this! lol

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 13, 2007, 01:36:14 PM

I disagree about releasing Allen. Bruce Allen is the most intelligent GM in the entire NFL League. What he has done in the offseason is incredible.
The Chargers GM is the best GM in the NFL.  He takes Bruce Allen and dunks him...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 13, 2007, 01:39:06 PM

You mean the guy who made it impossible for Marty and his collection of coaches to stay in San Diego - unh, no.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 13, 2007, 02:00:57 PM

I disagree about releasing Allen. Bruce Allen is the most intelligent GM in the entire NFL League. What he has done in the offseason is incredible.
The Chargers GM is the best GM in the NFL. He takes Bruce Allen and dunks him...

Ozzie Newsome, Bill Polian

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 13, 2007, 02:07:45 PM

I'm p-o'd about this team too... But if Gruden goes, please, I wanna see a viable replacement... and all you guys are spitting out some ridiculous candidates.

What does a viable candidate look like to you?

I mean c'mon Cowher has the ring, a long NFL record of success and he makes stupid faces on the sideline so if you don't look close you can pretend he's Gruden.

Seriously, the notion that there are no viable head coaching candidates is just silly so you tell us if the Glazers go all nutty in the head and fire their coach even if he has an 0-16 season and ends up last in offense, defense, scoring, turnovers and penalties - and I know you wouldn't fire him but pretend the Glazers went foolish- who would you want them to hire? <insert cop out here>

Cowher would have the EXACT same welcoming that Gruden did.

The fans would be happy to see a new fiery head coach... and after a few seasons of 'buiding' a team, they would turn on him like a pit bull.

And I never said there were no viable head coach candidates...thats why your arguments ALWAYS blow... you read what people wrote and twist them to fit your defense. I said the coaches suggested weren't viable.

The people on here calling for Gruden's head would be the FIRST to turn on Cowher. I personally dont think Gruden's getting the job done either, but that doesnt mean I know who should replace him.

I DO THINK THAT MAYBE YA SHOULD WAIT A LITTLE LONGER THAN THE FIRST GAME TO RUN HIM OUTTA TOWN.

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly peasant surrounded my NFL GM's.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#42 : September 13, 2007, 02:12:22 PM

New coach?!?!  I think all the fans should vote from at home and that way we have no one to blame but ourselves.  Besides it would be fun to run a triple reverse 20 times during a game.  I know the owners would go for it, it would save them bunches of money.  In fact we could just run the whole franchise as if it where a Madden game front office and all. 

No seriously I think Gruden gets one more year due to the fact that he lost those premium picks that are used to build depth and produce the young talent. 

I do like the idea of a Cower or Schottenheimer proven coaching talent.  Spurier would be great GO BANDIT BALL!!!! (J/K)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 13, 2007, 02:15:34 PM

New coach?!?! I think all the fans should vote from at home and that way we have no one to blame but ourselves. Besides it would be fun to run a triple reverse 20 times during a game. I know the owners would go for it, it would save them bunches of money. In fact we could just run the whole franchise as if it where a Madden game front office and all.

No seriously I think Gruden gets one more year due to the fact that he lost those premium picks that are used to build depth and produce the young talent.

I do like the idea of a Cower or Schottenheimer proven coaching talent. Spurier would be great GO BANDIT BALL!!!! (J/K)

Hey don't knock the Bandits!!  It was nice to have some competitive football at a time when the Bucs were horrid.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 13, 2007, 02:22:00 PM

What does a viable candidate look like to you?

I mean c'mon Cowher has the ring, a long NFL record of success and he makes stupid faces on the sideline so if you don't look close you can pretend he's Gruden.

Seriously, the notion that there are no viable head coaching candidates is just silly so you tell us if the Glazers go all nutty in the head and fire their coach even if he has an 0-16 season and ends up last in offense, defense, scoring, turnovers and penalties - and I know you wouldn't fire him but pretend the Glazers went foolish- who would you want them to hire? <insert cop out here>

Cowher would have the EXACT same welcoming that Gruden did.

The fans would be happy to see a new fiery head coach... and after a few seasons of 'buiding' a team, they would turn on him like a pit bull.

And I never said there were no viable head coach candidates...thats why your arguments ALWAYS blow... you read what people wrote and twist them to fit your defense. I said the coaches suggested weren't viable.

The people on here calling for Gruden's head would be the FIRST to turn on Cowher. I personally dont think Gruden's getting the job done either, but that doesnt mean I know who should replace him.

I DO THINK THAT MAYBE YA SHOULD WAIT A LITTLE LONGER THAN THE FIRST GAME TO RUN HIM OUTTA TOWN.

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly peasant surrounded my NFL GM's.

Yes, I see you added the cop out I asked for quite nicely. Thank you for playing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting question to Anti-Grudens « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools