Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RE: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 11, 2006, 02:33:09 PM

wow
I agree. Back in the early 90s when I was a young kid I would go into sports bars in New Port Richey with my dad on Sundays and he would have on his orange Erricht Rhett or Derrick Brooks jersey and people would laugh and joke on him. NOBODY in the entire bar would have a BUcs jersey on. Now when I go in the same bars everyone is a Bucs fan. My dads been a Bucs fan since he moved down here from New York in 1985. I know he was a Buffalo fan before that but I cant recall any memories of him rooting passionately for the Bills when I was a kid inTampa. Im so glad he raised me as a fan of all Tampa teams, wouldnt have had the same childhood if it wasnt for it.

For some reason there seems to be 2 kinds of Bucs fans. Those who were fans since '76 and those who were fans since 2-3 years before the Bucs got out of their 15 year slump, nothing in between. Im not buying it
Discrepancy!!!! Early '90's=1990-1993. Mid '90's=1994-1996. Late '90's=1997-1999. Errict Rhett drafted in 1994. Brooks drafted 1995. How did your dad wear a Rhett or Brooks jersey in the early '90's? Not to mention, you misspelled Rhett's first name. Sounds like a bandwagoner posing.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RE: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools