Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Mallett vs. Jimmy Clausen at the Big House today « previous next »
Page: 1

matt

Starter

: September 15, 2007, 08:27:20 AM

Two of the most highly regarded true freshman QBs in the country will be facing off at Michigan Stadium this afternoon. Both of their teams have been awful leading into this game. Notre Dame's offense has truly been inept, whereas Michigan's offense has put up yards, but they haven't been able to put points on the board. However, much of Michigan's success has come with Chad Henne at QB who has played more like a freshman this season than he ever did as an actual freshman three years ago. Ryan Mallett has a hell of an arm, but he didn't have much touch last week. Hopefully a full week of first team reps in practice will help him overcome that problem. I'd expect Michigan to give the ball to Mike Hart and Brandon Minor early on to establish the run before putting too much pressure on Mallett. Defensively, it's really time for the Michigan defense to sack up and make not only plays, but tackles as well. In the end, I think Michigan wins.

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 15, 2007, 01:55:12 PM

Michigan wins 3-2, both of these teams are pathetic, over rated and proves pre-season polls are a joke.

Mellow

Starter

#2 : September 15, 2007, 11:51:36 PM

Michigan wins 38-0, which is more a testament to just how horrific Notre Dame is than to how good Michigan is.  (and it pains me to say that, as a Michigan alum . . .) 

Next week's game against Penn State should show whether Michigan's righted the ship or not.  Notre Dame will be lucky to win 3 games all year.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 16, 2007, 05:20:13 PM

Michigan wins 38-0, which is more a testament to just how horrific Notre Dame is than to how good Michigan is.  (and it pains me to say that, as a Michigan alum . . .) 

Next week's game against Penn State should show whether Michigan's righted the ship or not.  Notre Dame will be lucky to win 3 games all year.
I bet a ND alum a month ago that ND would only win 4 games all year, so hopefully I'll be $150.00 richer in December

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Mallett vs. Jimmy Clausen at the Big House today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools