Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IT WAS JUST ONE GAME!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: September 13, 2007, 07:39:37 PM

Honestly, the people who make this proclamation must have not been paying attention for the last 5 years. Gruden has coached this team for 81 regular season games. We paid 2 first round picks, and 2 second round picks so that he could come to Tampa and do what Tony Dungy couldn't. That was, in addition to a SB, bring offense to Tampa.  The Glazers made it quite clear during Rich McKay's coaching search that they wanted an offensive minded coach who could turn the offense around, by evidence of them taking over the search themselves when Rich tried to hire defensive minded Marvin Lewis. So what has this young offensive minded head coach brought to Tampa in regards to offensive production in 81 games?

Only 19 games under John Gruden has the offense scored 3 or more TD's in a game.
Yet 62 games his offense has only scored 2 or less TD's
Of those 62, 15 times his offense has scored ZERO TD's.

IT"S NOT JUST ONE GAME PEOPLE!!!!! Open your eyes.

#1 : September 13, 2007, 07:42:51 PM

Preach on, brotha, just come down off the ledge!!!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 13, 2007, 07:55:45 PM

tell it like it is

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 13, 2007, 08:08:14 PM

I bet we would have scored more TDs with Monty calling the offense as well.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 13, 2007, 08:11:13 PM

I just listened to parts of Gruden's radio show from Monday. He spoke of several plays that were wide open that should have been hit. Have some patience would ya. Garcia is new to the system and admitted he didn't let plays develop and reacted too quickly many times throughout the game. Had Garcia hit the plays Gruden referred to, the game could have been completely different. I just posted in another thread about how Pittman was wide open for a first down on 3rd and 2 on our first FG drive. Garcia missing that opportunity has nothing to do with Gruden, but it had a huge impact on the game. Gruden's job is to design and call the right plays at the right time, on that particular play Gruden did just that. If Garcia had hit Pittman it would have been 1st down inside Seattles 15, probably first and goal considering Pitt was standing at the 13 waiting for the pass and had nobody within 4-5 yards of him. Even with a first down there I realize it's not a given we would have scored a TD, but obviously the chances would have increased greatly.

Gruden also brought up the double reverse in the 3rd I believe, another 3rd down play to Clayton that was missed (I believe we all saw that one), and another deep look to Galloway where we were a bit off. I don't expect people to be happy with scoring six points, but people need to realize that when plays don't work it's not always because "Gruden sucks". It's not a video game where Gruden controls what every player does on every play. Gruden didn't forget to hit the "B" button. The players are responsible for executing their own assignments for each play. If they fail to do so it doesn't mean Gruden blew it.

And the "he's been here for five years" crap is just that, crap. It's a new team, new players, and a new season. Let me put it this way, pretend the regular season has just finished. We finished 10-6, made the playoffs, and our offense finished 13th in scoring with 23 points per game. Not spectacular, but solid. Those statistics you just posted would still hold true, but did that effect the season? Now I obviously understand that I threw out a hypothetical. But my point is, you don't know how the season is going to unfold, and past stats can be proven to mean absolutely nothing in determining the future. So how about you put up those statistics at the end of the year if our offense continues to score six points a game, rather than post them now when it's yet to be determined what kind of season we are going to have.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : September 13, 2007, 08:12:41 PM

There had to of been at least 20 games where we looked the exact same way we looked on Sunday. Probably 30 games.

It's not just one game.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 13, 2007, 08:13:57 PM

I just listened to parts of Gruden's radio show from Monday. He spoke of several plays that were wide open that should have been hit. Have some patience would ya.

Talk is cheap, and he needs to start putting a few offensive TDs up on the score board.  If it doesn't happen in the next two home games I bet the Glazers will start having regular family meetings to discuss the lack of offensive production.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 13, 2007, 08:16:07 PM

There had to of been at least 20 games where we looked the exact same way we looked on Sunday. Probably 30 games.

It's not just one game.

So you think it is acceptable to field a putridly inept, and insipid offense in 37% of your games?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 13, 2007, 08:17:53 PM

I just listened to parts of Gruden's radio show from Monday. He spoke of several plays that were wide open that should have been hit. Have some patience would ya.

Talk is cheap, and he needs to start putting a few offensive TDs up on the score board.  If it doesn't happen in the next two home games I bet the Glazers will start having regular family meetings to discuss the lack of offensive production.

And you just completely ignored the point of my post. Talk is cheap when you are talking about what you think will happen, Gruden was talking about things that were wide open that should have happened. How can you pin it on Gruden when he called a perfect play and Garcia is the one who messed up? If Garcia had hit Pittman, and we scored a TD, the play Gruden called would have remained the same. So it clearly wasn't Gruden that ruined that drive. Yet the anti's come running out from their holes to blame it all on him, it's pretty amazing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 13, 2007, 08:18:16 PM

Wow.  That is really bad, just because there is a trend here...

I like Gruden, the guys he is working with aren't that great.  But he has to change things up, decide that speed kills, and that the posession guys are good in some instances.

I find it odd that the WCO is predicated on YAC, yet the BUcs find slow, physical, non-agile types to create all this seperation, and YAC yardage...

Just very very odd.  Gruden needs to wake up, and realize his way of doing business is not good for the Bucs.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 13, 2007, 08:19:35 PM

And if the Glazers do start talking amongst themselves about making a move, at least in the example you gave it would be after three games and not one.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 13, 2007, 08:21:35 PM

And you just completely ignored the point of my post. Talk is cheap when you are talking about what you think will happen, Gruden was talking about things that were wide open that should have happened. How can you pin it on Gruden when he called a perfect play and Garcia is the one who messed up? If Garcia had hit Pittman, and we scored a TD, the play Gruden called would have remained the same. So it clearly wasn't Gruden that ruined that drive. Yet the anti's come running out from their holes to blame it all on him, it's pretty amazing.

The point is Gruden talks the same old BS after every game.  Of course there are wide open receivers, that happens with every NFL team on a large percentage of plays.

AND BTW - I am not anti Gruden....I am anti inept management.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 13, 2007, 08:26:58 PM

I just see it as last year we were bad, real bad, and it wasn't because of missing some receivers here and there. Sunday I thought we played pretty well for the most part, and definitely better than how we would have played with last years team. I'm very eager to see how we are going to play against the Saints. Their defense didn't appear to be nearly as talented as Seattle's, so I'm looking for some improvement. Garcia needs to settle down and let things develop. If he does that I think we will start to see our real offense.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 13, 2007, 08:27:58 PM

I just listened to parts of Gruden's radio show from Monday. He spoke of several plays that were wide open that should have been hit. Have some patience would ya. Garcia is new to the system and admitted he didn't let plays develop and reacted too quickly many times throughout the game...

That's interesting, considering most Garcia backers in here used the fact that he was familiar with the WCO as justification that this offense was going to take some kind of quantum leap w/o Simms or Grads at the helm. Looks about the same after Sunday..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 13, 2007, 08:28:12 PM

I just see it as last year we were bad, real bad, and it wasn't because of missing some receivers here and there.

You obviously haven't been listening to Gruden's show the last four years.  

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IT WAS JUST ONE GAME!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools