Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IT WAS JUST ONE GAME!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 13, 2007, 08:30:01 PM

I posted this in another thread:

Mike Shula
1996 13.8 PPG
1997 18.7 PPG
1998 19.6 PPG
1999 16.9 PPG

Jon Gruden
2002 21.6 PPG
2003 18.8 PPG
2004 18.8 PPG
2005 18.8 PPG
2006 13.2 PPG

Not included is Les Steckel's 24.2 PPG from 2000. So yes, a Tony Dungy team scored more than any Jon Gruden team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 13, 2007, 08:31:42 PM

This isn't the matrix. You can't expect Garcia to know our offense inside and out at the flip of a switch. It takes time to get comfortable in the system. A few months of practice and a half dozen drives in the preseason isn't exactly going to do it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 13, 2007, 08:33:52 PM

This isn't the matrix. You can't expect Garcia to know our offense inside and out at the flip of a switch. It takes time to get comfortable in the system. A few months of practice and a half dozen drives in the preseason isn't exactly going to do it.

Who is interested in Garcia, seriously?  He has a year or two left, and we might be getting the 2004 or 2005 version anyway.  We aren't winning this year, so what is the point in starting Garcia.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 13, 2007, 08:34:04 PM

I just see it as last year we were bad, real bad, and it wasn't because of missing some receivers here and there.

You obviously haven't been listening to Gruden's show the last four years.  

You're right, I haven't. I'd like to listen to more of our players shows and his show but I just can't stand the ass kissing they get from the hosts, it's annoying to me. I just tried to listen to DB's show but Duemig is painful to listen to with his "for the record I don't think you have lost a step either" BS.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 13, 2007, 08:36:35 PM

Who is interested in Garcia, seriously? He has a year or two left, and we might be getting the 2004 or 2005 version anyway. We aren't winning this year, so what is the point in starting Garcia.

Damn, and I was going to watch the rest of the games too.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 13, 2007, 08:37:48 PM

Who is interested in Garcia, seriously? He has a year or two left, and we might be getting the 2004 or 2005 version anyway. We aren't winning this year, so what is the point in starting Garcia.

Damn, and I was going to watch the rest of the games too.

So am I but they are not going to the play offs and will most likely suck all year.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 13, 2007, 08:41:17 PM

Well, I'm not a Garcia guy. I really don't expect much out of him in any case. It's just funny to see you point out how he needs time to get comfortable in the system only after he actually brought less to the table than many expected. I don't remember one person saying that before Sunday..

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : September 13, 2007, 08:41:26 PM

I just listened to parts of Gruden's radio show from Monday. He spoke of several plays that were wide open that should have been hit. Have some patience would ya. Garcia is new to the system and admitted he didn't let plays develop and reacted too quickly many times throughout the game...

That's interesting, considering most Garcia backers in here used the fact that he was familiar with the WCO as justification that this offense was going to take some kind of quantum leap w/o Simms or Grads at the helm. Looks about the same after Sunday..

Bingo!!!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 13, 2007, 08:53:51 PM

Well, I'm not a Garcia guy. I really don't expect much out of him in any case. It's just funny to see you point out how he needs time to get comfortable in the system only after he actually brought less to the table than many expected. I don't remember one person saying that before Sunday..

I don't believe he brought less to the table, I just think he missed some plays he probably won't miss in a couple of games. His deep ball to Galloway, his scramble for a 1st down where he got clocked, his 3rd down pass to Hilliard, three plays right there that wouldn't have been made with Gradkowski and probably Simms in there. People just want instant gratification around here and don't want to see any mistakes. That's just not realistic.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : September 13, 2007, 08:55:28 PM

I don't believe he brought less to the table, I just think he missed some plays he probably won't miss in a couple of games. His deep ball to Galloway, his scramble for a 1st down where he got clocked, his 3rd down pass to Hilliard, three plays right there that wouldn't have been made with Gradkowski and probably Simms in there. People just want instant gratification around here and don't want to see any mistakes. That's just not realistic.
Instant? What's longevity, Gruden's 25th season?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 13, 2007, 09:01:54 PM

If you don't think he brought less to the table than expected, then I guess you didn't have the high expectations most others did about him.

But I hope you're right. Even not being a Garcia fan, I do (sadly) think he's the best QB we have. But I was there in Seattle Sunday, and I didn't see someone who had command of the field. I saw someone who was coming to the realization that there's no Terrell Owens to be found and that this isn't Philly's OL..

BTW, "instant gratification" was awarded in 2002. All anyone wants now is just regular old gratification in it's simplest form, that being, any..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 13, 2007, 09:04:53 PM

BTW, "instant gratification" was awarded in 2002. All anyone wants now is just regular old gratification in it's simplest form, that being, any..

LMAO

escobar

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 13, 2007, 09:05:47 PM

Instant? What's longevity, Gruden's 25th season?

I'm talking about Garcia's production, not Gruden's. People expected him to come in here and from the first snap play like a pro bowler. There were a few mistakes and people are already starting to question the move. It's a joke.

#28 : September 13, 2007, 09:10:53 PM

The perhaps our coach should've played him more.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 13, 2007, 09:12:46 PM

If you don't think he brought less to the table than expected, then I guess you didn't have the high expectations most others did about him.

But I hope you're right. Even not being a Garcia fan, I do (sadly) think he's the best QB we have. But I was there in Seattle Sunday, and I didn't see someone who had command of the field. I saw someone who was coming to the realization that there's no Terrell Owens to be found and that this isn't Philly's OL..

Oh I have high expectations from him, I'm just not foolish enough to believe he was going to light the world on fire in his first game given the fact that he needed live game action, and given who and where we played.

If he is missing these kinds of passes in week 4-5 then you're right, he isn't what this team needed.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IT WAS JUST ONE GAME!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools