Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting view from a Saints fan « previous next »
Page: 1

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: November 10, 2006, 02:42:23 AM

From another football forum.

I think all they really need is a coach who knows how to use the team he has, and not the team he wishes he had.
Not giving Caddy the ball with a rookie QB?
Never using the shotgun?
Not using Alstott at all?
Gruden is the Bucs problem, and since he won Dungy's ring he has ruined the team. I would also like to throw in they have let go of some guys who can still play some really good football in Lynch, Dexter Jackson, Jurovicious, Keyshawn, and even Sapp on occasion.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 10, 2006, 03:00:26 AM

Are you sure that wasn't a Dungy fan rather than a Saint fan posting that?    Dungy's ring.  What a joke.   If Dungy had deserved a ring, he would have won one for himself.   He couldn't get it done with the same players Gruden used to get it done.   

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : November 10, 2006, 03:54:41 AM

I didn't know Duemig was a Saints fan?

richbucsfan

Starter

#3 : November 10, 2006, 08:11:30 AM

That was a very cogent observation.  I've wondered the same thing... good observation.

watson

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 10, 2006, 07:53:54 AM

Let me think about this for a minute.

Here is a fan from a team that has:

1.  Never won a super bowl
2.  Never won the NFC South
3.  Never won a playoff game
4.  Working on their "who the heck knows" number coach....too many to count

And I'm supposed to care what he/she thinks?  YGTBSM

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 10, 2006, 08:33:28 AM

Actually by now an unintersting  observation that has been done to death. Unless you can bring up something new SHOVE IT

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 10, 2006, 02:13:41 PM

Great insight Saints Fan.  Excuse those on this site who bought the Gruden stock and now are praying that it skyrockets back up from the bottom; wishful thinking. 
Too many people who have blinders on are not wanting to at least listen or see what the rest of the world already know; Gruden had better get his act together or else.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : November 10, 2006, 02:43:32 PM

99.9% of Gruden's problem is trying to force his system and being inflexible.

That isn't 99.9% of this team's problems though.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 10, 2006, 02:55:02 PM

Guru - that is about the silliest post I have read.  So let's go through all the successful teams that lost their starting qb, rt, both guards and now a host of injuries, that were successful.  You say it is the system, I would think perhaps the injuries and a schedule from hell could be at work.  Added to salary cap issues, loss of draft choices ... 

All that and then overrating the team leaves the bucs here, with any head coach - from Gruden to Lombardi.

PS Lombardi was pretty much as system man, kinda like most successful coaches.  Some adapation - but not much - from year to year.  JMHO.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : November 10, 2006, 03:29:49 PM

Guru - that is about the silliest post I have read.  So let's go through all the successful teams that lost their starting qb, rt, both guards and now a host of injuries, that were successful.  You say it is the system, I would think perhaps the injuries and a schedule from hell could be at work.  Added to salary cap issues, loss of draft choices ... 

All that and then overrating the team leaves the bucs here, with any head coach - from Gruden to Lombardi.

PS Lombardi was pretty much as system man, kinda like most successful coaches.  Some adapation - but not much - from year to year.  JMHO.

Systems are great when they work.

TDTB

Second String

#10 : November 10, 2006, 03:33:36 PM

We aren't running more because our O-line can't run block for **CENSORED**, which at this point is pretty pathetic.

#11 : November 10, 2006, 04:10:35 PM

I wont respnd to this thread. O wait...

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 10, 2006, 07:59:20 PM

Post lost any relevance once he said Dungy's ring

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting view from a Saints fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools