Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An Auburn complaint about USF.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: September 14, 2007, 01:24:02 PM

Wednesday when I was on campus I picked up one othe the schools newspapers and read it between classes.  There was a letter to the editor from an Auburn students saying that USF was disrespectful of their school after the win.  I will let you guys read it for yourself and let me know what you think. 

September 9, 2007

Dear USF,

I am writing this letter to the South Florida community to discuss my disappointment and shock with the way the South Florida football team and its coaching staff conducted themselves after the recent win over Auburn University.

After the win, a large huddle of football players congregated to celebrate the win. This was expected, and most certainly earned, but it was what followed that stunned me. A member of the coaching staff came over to join the group, and jumped onto the wall right in front of the student section.

However, these students were not ordinary fans; they were members of our ROTC program. They were dressed in full uniform to show pride in their willingness to serve our country. I was appalled when I noticed that some of the South Florida players had taken Auburn shakers from these members of our armed forces and began to shake them tauntingly towards the Auburn fans. The most notable (player) who made sure that he didn't miss a single section of the students before moving on to the middle of the field. I also noticed another player in the middle of the field with an Auburn shaker in each hand deliberately mocking the Auburn fans. A member of the coaching staff approached him, but instead of urging him to stop his offensive behavior, he simply hugged him and moved on to the next player.

I can understand how it would be easy to get caught up in the moment of one of the greatest wins in your school's history, but you cannot allow that to overshadow the importance of remembering that you are visiting someone else's home. Jordan-Hare Stadium is a place of

much-valued tradition and history, and some of that was taken away from us Saturday night.

After every game, the Auburn University Marching Band plays our Alma Mater as the students lock arms and sway to the words. It is a time for the students to celebrate how wonderful it is to be a part of the Auburn family, win or lose, because being an Auburn student is about so much more than football. Unfortunately, it was hard for any of us to hear the music because the South Florida band played through the entire thing. We couldn't even have two minutes of peace to concentrate on our blessings instead of focusing on the loss.

I've been hearing from the media that this win will help your school become more respected as a football team and as a contender in the world of college football. But please remember that the game doesn't end when the clock ticks down to zero. A genuine athlete, coach or fan knows their representation of their school and pride in their athletic program should never stop.

Sincerely,

Lauren K., a disappointed Tiger Fan and Auburn University student, is a senior majoring in accounting.

If I remember corectly the TD catch was caught in front of the student section so that is where the celibration is going to take place.  While the players were hyped up and celibrating the win infront of this section some of the ROTC students were throwing stuff at the player, at least that is what I could see on TV.  Maybe it looked differnt sitting in the stands shoked that you just got beat.

Also, after going into a big time school and beating them why would our band not play?  Why would our fans and players not want to hear our fight song?  What makes them so special.  If it really is a tradition it is a stupid one and should be done before the game or they should win so that they can have that. 

The bottom line is that this lady sounds like a baby that didn't get her way.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 14, 2007, 01:44:06 PM

agree.  sounds like a whiner.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 14, 2007, 01:57:44 PM

I don't know about the band stuff but she's definitely off base on a couple of items...

After the win, a large huddle of football players congregated to celebrate the win. This was expected, and most certainly earned, but it was what followed that stunned me. A member of the coaching staff came over to join the group, and jumped onto the wall right in front of the student section.

The coach was jumping on the wall to get between the players and students, NOT to celebrate.

I was appalled when I noticed that some of the South Florida players had taken Auburn shakers from these members of our armed forces and began to shake them tauntingly towards the Auburn fans.

This is funny. The players didn't take the pomoms away, they were thrown at them by the ROTC guys .... Granted, there was one of the players that came over pointing and laughing at that student section whuch prompted the barrage but that was just one player.

Here's the video of those last few moments.:

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 14, 2007, 02:00:03 PM

That inbred barner skank needs to shut her trap.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 14, 2007, 02:01:23 PM

I was just about to post that video.  It is funny how a person can choose to see what they want to see.  Some USF fans complained about the gestures of Auburn fans but said that for the most part they were a great group of fans.  After loosing many teams fans get a little upset and take their frustration our on the oposing teams fans especially at home games because they have their fans out numbered.  

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 14, 2007, 02:41:20 PM

I was just about to post that video.  It is funny how a person can choose to see what they want to see.  Some USF fans complained about the gestures of Auburn fans but said that for the most part they were a great group of fans.  After loosing many teams fans get a little upset and take their frustration our on the oposing teams fans especially at home games because they have their fans out numbered.  
From what I've heard, 99.9% of the Auburn fans were great before and after the game.....

armydx316

Starter

#6 : September 14, 2007, 03:53:44 PM

girl sounds like a sore loser

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 14, 2007, 04:16:28 PM

Definitely a sore loser.   I'm sure the 90,000 Auburn fans were all very "welcoming" to the Bulls as they visited their "home".  Unless there were some kind of obscene gestures, then get over it lady.  Go cry over your accounting books.  GO BULLS!

T

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 14, 2007, 08:10:40 PM

Sounds like my ex girlfriend, a nag. When was the last time Auburn actually won anyhting?

matt

Starter

#9 : September 14, 2007, 09:15:46 PM

I agree. The girl sounds like a whiner.

At the same time, I can understand her frustration. I was at Michigan Stadium last Saturday when Michigan looked completely inept (except for Mike Hart) and Oregon manhandled us. As the game ended, the Oregon players and fans were celebrating their big win. They deserved to be able to do that, so I don't have any complaints. However, as a Michigan fan, I NEVER AGAIN want to see another team come into our house and do that to us again.

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 15, 2007, 01:20:40 PM

USF won the game they deserve to celebrate, hold off on your dumb tradition of wearing ties and dresses and singing like inbreed college kids, until the victors are done celebrating. This girl sounds like a prude who needs to get some!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 15, 2007, 01:22:59 PM

This girl sounds like a prude who needs to get some!

Volunteering?

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 15, 2007, 01:25:06 PM

This girl sounds like a prude who needs to get some!

Volunteering?
Sure I am a man whore

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 15, 2007, 01:29:26 PM

LOL

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 15, 2007, 03:43:16 PM

Looks like the Barn has something else to whine about......... They just lost to Miss State!! LOL

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An Auburn complaint about USF.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools