Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Meshawn is a Disgrace to the Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 11:30:29 AM

Not all change is good.

True, doesn't stop you from adapting to what is real and relevant.  Doesn't matter if you like it.  But it's a part of the game today you must accept or stop watching...for the record it's not my favorite thing to see either.  But I guess at some point you ignore it, better yet stop buying the jerseys of these jerks.  Problem is, he's a jerk in Tampa but loved everywhere else which is the case with most guys.  We all know TO is a jerk, but I'm sure sales of "81" are off the charts in the Big D...
Definitely in your corner on the argument, just stating that the new and improved sometimes rubs me the wrong way.  Not that I would not watch, because in all honesty, it generates some passion for the game (in my opinion).  Some people talk a lot of junk, others hand the ball to the ref...

It has pretty much always been this way.

#1 : December 05, 2006, 11:21:51 AM

Admittedly, players like these do come as a "package", but you are correct in that they do rub me the wrong way. I may be old school in my thoughts that their play should be the only talking. Guys like Marvin Harrison, Ladanaian Tomlinson, to name a couple, just go to work on Sunday and let their persormance speak volumes. Those are my kinda guys. They can get it done without self-promotion.

Agreed, but I think those days or those players are becoming few and far between...Gotta change with the time Pops... ;)

Aha!  I've discovered a good thing about the Bucs: most of our players are team guys!

Yes, I did it!

I'll let you all know if I think of any other good things about this team.  :)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2006, 11:23:52 AM

Not all change is good.

True, doesn't stop you from adapting to what is real and relevant.  Doesn't matter if you like it.  But it's a part of the game today you must accept or stop watching...for the record it's not my favorite thing to see either.  But I guess at some point you ignore it, better yet stop buying the jerseys of these jerks.  Problem is, he's a jerk in Tampa but loved everywhere else which is the case with most guys.  We all know TO is a jerk, but I'm sure sales of "81" are off the charts in the Big D...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 05, 2006, 11:15:51 AM

Not all change is good.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 05, 2006, 09:44:37 AM

Admittedly, players like these do come as a "package", but you are correct in that they do rub me the wrong way. I may be old school in my thoughts that their play should be the only talking. Guys like Marvin Harrison, Ladanaian Tomlinson, to name a couple, just go to work on Sunday and let their persormance speak volumes. Those are my kinda guys. They can get it done without self-promotion.

Agreed, but I think those days or those players are becoming few and far between...Gotta change with the time Pops... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#5 : December 05, 2006, 09:06:08 AM

Admittedly, players like these do come as a "package", but you are correct in that they do rub me the wrong way.  I may be old school in my thoughts that their play should be the only talking.  Guys like Marvin Harrison, Ladanaian Tomlinson, to name a couple, just go to work on Sunday and let their persormance speak volumes.  Those are my kinda guys.  They can get it done without self-promotion.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 05, 2006, 08:39:33 AM

Being a whiner is only bad when you don't get the call.  Considering how one call, particularly that one, can change a game and give you momentum, I'd say I'll take the whine and the call anyday...JMO...

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 05, 2006, 08:30:57 AM

In Key's defense, he was being held by Lito and a flag should've been thrown. I'd rather have a player pissed and showing some emotion than have players laughing and joking around like I saw from some of our players yesterday.
What would you want them to do? cry like little girls? Have you ever been on a losing team? If the players get severly depressed everytime they are losing its not going to help staying loose and upbeat seems a healthier way to go

#8 : December 05, 2006, 08:14:29 AM

And Keyshawn has NEVER pushed off on any of his plays before????????????   Get a grip.

Johnson is a whiner and always has been.  I hope the NFL fines his sorry ass for throwing his helmet 40 yards in one of his fits of anger.

I have always put guys like Moss, Keyshawn, and Owens in the same class.  They HAVE no class.

As talented as they all are, they should just STFU and play.  But they can't do that.  Never could.  They all felt the need to draw attention to themselves.  TEAM guys they are not.  They are all about themselves.

It would be great to see those 3 guys just keep their piehole shut and let their talent and play come out.  They would have been far better and so would all of their teams.

Besides, I did not think Lido interfered for starters.  And the pass from Delhomme was a crappy one anyway.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2006, 08:01:45 AM

For all of his antics and attitude, how many of you wouldn't mind having him running the middle of the field for Grads to throw to right now?  I know I wouldn't mind...

#10 : December 05, 2006, 08:03:13 AM

For all of his antics and attitude, how many of you wouldn't mind having him running the middle of the field for Grads to throw to right now?  I know I wouldn't mind...
Key>Clayton

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2006, 08:56:53 AM

For all of his antics and attitude, how many of you wouldn't mind having him running the middle of the field for Grads to throw to right now? I know I wouldn't mind...

I see where you are going Chev, but at the same time, KJ is on a team with arguably the best WR in the game right now (Smith) and the Kitties are a mere .500 team.

The whole point is that these type guys need to shut up and let their play do the talking.

For a guy that rubs you the wrong way and says things you don't like and made an azz of himself and a mockery of this team I could see you not wanting to hear his voice.  Never said the guy wasn't a malcontent.  However, it still amazes me how we here can always find a reason to bash KJ but no other coach he's ever been with really has a problem with the guy.  His play on the field for us greatly contributed to us winning.  To me, he's the only legit number 1 we've ever had. 

So while I understand that his personality may grate on you, I personally can never fault the guy too much as he's a package deal.  Maybe it was the fact that JG inherited the guy and didn't pick him.  I don't know.  All I know is, I'd take the swagger, the mouth, the blocking, the brashness, the catches et al right now today on our team...

Players are not the same as the hero's of the past.  There are some things the league can do to proliferate the No Fun League, but the prevailing number of players that "self-promote" will not go away.  They will find a way to get it done...

#12 : December 05, 2006, 08:42:46 AM

As stated above, I did not think there was any PI on the play.  And the throw was nowhere near him anyway.  Key broke off the route while Lito went to the corner, which was where the throw went.  It could have just as easily been argued that the pass was uncatchable for the WR.  As tall as KJ is, his leap still did not get him close to the ball.

#13 : December 05, 2006, 08:40:56 AM

I see where you are going Chev, but at the same time, KJ is on a team with arguably the best WR in the game right now (Smith) and the Kitties are a mere .500 team.

The whole point is that these type guys need to shut up and let their play do the talking.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 05, 2006, 07:25:57 AM

Amen HDE!  I will take players who don't like to lose rather than those who cut up and act as though it is okay for us to go out and disgrace the Bucs.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Meshawn is a Disgrace to the Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools