Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all the people who were ready to write the team off after week one « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

escobar

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 16, 2007, 04:33:01 PM

I think the enthusiasm needs to be reigned in a little guys.  Jsut like some posters went off the deep end after last week's loss, let's not get too carried away with this victory.  NO has shown to not be last year's Aints.  While there was plenty to be pleased with, there are still 14 games left.  Let's get a bit of a bigger sample size before we start proclaiming the Bucs Super Bowl bound.  This season can go either way, but at least the Bucs showed they are capable of having big games.  Lets see if they can prove to be consistent with it.

And yet another negative post. Haven't seen a single person say we are going to the SB. I agree we need to show consistency, but so many people are quick to say "yeah, but" on here, it's a joke.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 16, 2007, 04:33:27 PM

I love the people who doubted. Galloway is the man. Have him and Andre Johnson on my fantasy team

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 16, 2007, 04:34:22 PM

I think the enthusiasm needs to be reigned in a little guys.  Jsut like some posters went off the deep end after last week's loss, let's not get too carried away with this victory.  NO has shown to not be last year's Aints.  While there was plenty to be pleased with, there are still 14 games left.  Let's get a bit of a bigger sample size before we start proclaiming the Bucs Super Bowl bound.  This season can go either way, but at least the Bucs showed they are capable of having big games.  Lets see if they can prove to be consistent with it.

No one is realistically predicting a Super Bowl.  And don't downplay the Bucs win by saying the Saints aren't that good.  I got hammered for saying the Saints weren't going to repeat as NFC South champs this summer.  EVERYONE had them PENNED in as NFC South champs this year. 

And they've gotten taken to the WOODSHED twice already.

We're 1-1.  A whole lot better than 0-2 (which is what EVERYONE thought we'd be).

escobar

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 16, 2007, 04:35:07 PM

I love the people who doubted. Galloway is the man. Have him and Andre Johnson on my fantasy team

Same here, with both players getting an upgrade at QB I really thought they could have big years, so far so good.

vladin

Starter

#34 : September 16, 2007, 04:36:53 PM

Anyone saying superbowl at this point is likely saying that tongue in cheek.  With so little to celebrate about in the past year, why not put all the worry on the shelf for one afternoon and just revel in a decisive victory?  How often have we gotten to do that around here?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 16, 2007, 04:37:31 PM

Anyone saying superbowl at this point is likely saying that tongue in cheek.  With so little to celebrate about in the past year, why not put all the worry on the shelf for one afternoon and just revel in a decisive victory?  How often have we gotten to do that around here?

Enjoy a victory?  Why can't we just complain about it?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 16, 2007, 04:38:18 PM

Its going to be fun to see how the local fishwraps spin this game negatively. Gonna take some creativity!!!

why wait for the fish wraps ... just read some of the posts around here ... amazing.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 16, 2007, 04:38:57 PM

Anyone saying superbowl at this point is likely saying that tongue in cheek. With so little to celebrate about in the past year, why not put all the worry on the shelf for one afternoon and just revel in a decisive victory? How often have we gotten to do that around here?

Enjoy a victory? Why can't we just complain about it?

Yeah, no kidding. Come on anti's, keep that Gruden hate flowing. We don't want him here next year, remember?

superbuc

Practice Squad
#38 : September 16, 2007, 04:39:13 PM

funny thread.  I'm glad for the Bucs. I do not prefer the WCO most of the time, but, like how we used the seam route obviously.  

I thought we'd likely get toasted.  I think if any of our other QBs were in there, we would not have done so well.  Jeff is awesome.   Kudos to the O and the D really stepped up like I thought they would before last week.  I want to see them back in the top 10 if not 5.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#39 : September 16, 2007, 04:39:45 PM

I'm not convinced after this game.

Things looked good, but I am still concerned with our lack of production from draft picks and our lack of a plan.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2007, 04:41:04 PM

I'm not convinced after this game.

Things looked good, but I am still concerned with our lack of production from draft picks and our lack of a plan.

How many draft picks have we spent on that OLine that gave up ZERO sacks today?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#41 : September 16, 2007, 04:42:01 PM

Told y'all there was ALOT of good going with this team.. looked GREAT out there today beating up on the division champs!

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 16, 2007, 04:46:07 PM

Lots of them here.Pathetic.Jokes, realy.They will all be hopping back on the bandwagon after this.
Pathetic is your spelling. Pathetic was last week's performance, not the expectations of the fans. This weeks performance is what is expected. Kudos to the team for meeting our expectations.

LOL.  Leave it to someone who can't admit they just MIGHT be wrong about all of the gloom and doom to resort to bashing someone's spelling errors...and then being wrong about one of the corrections as well.

"Oh yeah??  Well you can't spell!!"  Haha, priceless.

But I do emphasize the word MIGHT because I think the lesson we've learned here is that it is still too early to count them out OR call them a playoff team.  Like Java said, we'll know by midseason.  Hopefully the team today is the one that will stay.

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 16, 2007, 04:47:42 PM

I think the enthusiasm needs to be reigned in a little guys. Jsut like some posters went off the deep end after last week's loss, let's not get too carried away with this victory. NO has shown to not be last year's Aints. While there was plenty to be pleased with, there are still 14 games left. Let's get a bit of a bigger sample size before we start proclaiming the Bucs Super Bowl bound. This season can go either way, but at least the Bucs showed they are capable of having big games. Lets see if they can prove to be consistent with it.

And yet another negative post. Haven't seen a single person say we are going to the SB. I agree we need to show consistency, but so many people are quick to say "yeah, but" on here, it's a joke.

I don't see how my post was negative.  Last week several posters were touting "its' just one game" when other posters were blasting the team.  Now these same posters are doing exactly what they were complaining about, using one game's performance to base their opinion of how this team will fare.  We had 1 horrible game and 1 great game, it is far too early to judge this team.  I can't even safely state that this is a Jeckel and Hyde team, because they have 14 games to trend one way or the other.  How about we wait until 4 o5 games before we start judging this team.  Right now, it's best to just judge their performance.  This week, it was great.  Hopefully it will continue to be so, but as of right now, nobody knows what this team is really like.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 16, 2007, 04:50:14 PM

I think the enthusiasm needs to be reigned in a little guys. Jsut like some posters went off the deep end after last week's loss, let's not get too carried away with this victory. NO has shown to not be last year's Aints. While there was plenty to be pleased with, there are still 14 games left. Let's get a bit of a bigger sample size before we start proclaiming the Bucs Super Bowl bound. This season can go either way, but at least the Bucs showed they are capable of having big games. Lets see if they can prove to be consistent with it.

I don't see how my post was negative.  Last week several posters were touting "its' just one game" when other posters were blasting the team.  Now these same posters are doing exactly what they were complaining about, using one game's performance to base their opinion of how this team will fare.  We had 1 horrible game and 1 great game, it is far too early to judge this team.  I can't even safely state that this is a Jeckel and Hyde team, because they have 14 games to trend one way or the other.  How about we wait until 4 o5 games before we start judging this team.  Right now, it's best to just judge their performance.  This week, it was great.  Hopefully it will continue to be so, but as of right now, nobody knows what this team is really like.

I haven't seen anyone using this game to judge how the team will fare.  In fact, its just the opposite.  They're using it to PROVE that 1 game is just that.... ONE GAME.

Its the Gruden bashers that proclaimed the season over after just one game.  And they're no where to be found. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all the people who were ready to write the team off after week one « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools