Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All the Rex v. SoB talk « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2006, 11:40:54 AM

The problem the Bears have is that Grossman makes killer mistakes AND makes no plays to help them. SoB at least can help you in between breaking your heart. I'm just not sure Grossman can string together 3 games of "Good Rex" to win.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 06, 2006, 11:49:54 AM

The problem the Bears have is that Grossman makes killer mistakes AND makes no plays to help them. SoB at least can help you in between breaking your heart. I'm just not sure Grossman can string together 3 games of "Good Rex" to win.

Hasn't that always been the knock on Florida QB's.  You never know if the good one or the horrible one is going to show up.  I'm an SoB fan, but if I'm Lovie Grossman has to play his way out of the job, which, I think, he's close to doing.  One more turd game coupled with a loss and SoB will be under center...

I agree. There's no way Lovie's going to waste this defense because of something that's in his control.

#2 : December 06, 2006, 11:44:39 AM

Boid, Lovie said the same thing about Orton last year then he yanks him at the half during the Atl game.

If Rex keeps stinking up the joint I can see him making to move to a proven vet..................................who tends to throw game-changin int's.

Ah, forgot about the Orton thing last year...

That guy is a truly horrible QB, though.  He's got a throwing motion like a shot-putter.

#3 : December 06, 2006, 11:37:03 AM

Boid, that pic is hilarious!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 06, 2006, 11:37:18 AM

Boid, Lovie said the same thing about Orton last year then he yanks him at the half during the Atl game.

If Rex keeps stinking up the joint I can see him making to move to a proven vet..................................who tends to throw game-changin int's.

#5 : December 06, 2006, 11:36:25 AM

They won't though.  You heard Lovie.

He said it over and over and over and over...Rex is OUR qb.

To take Rex out now, this deep in the season when so much is on the line would be errant.  For many reasons.

Griese is a backup, and won't hit the field unless Gross-man goes down.  Despite all the piss poor performances, there are some games sandwiched in between that are quite nice...

And that defense is going to keep them in almost all of their games.  That Tampa-2[/i] defense. :)

I agree that it won't happen.  But, once you get into the playoffs, one of those games that Grossman has are going to kill them.  Their D is great, though, and I agree that it will keep them in games, but...Damn.

Last week, the Bears had 111 yards total on offense.

...and 222 yards on returns.

#6 : December 06, 2006, 11:30:47 AM

So many people are talking up Griese because of Rex's play.  I agree that Griese is probably a better choice, but all the stuff about "Griese is consistent, levelheaded..." blah, blah, blah.

Funny, but in my opinion, if I had to choose one characteristic of Griese, it would be the startling ability to throw INTs at the worst possible moment.  His stats will look ok at the end, he'll play decently 90% of the time, but always, with him...one play a game will kill you.

OTOH, the Bears D and Special Teams have shown that they can overcome a LOT of mistakes by the offense.

I do think that they should switch to Griese, but...their chances are only marginally improved.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 06, 2006, 11:33:00 AM

They won't though.  You heard Lovie.

He said it over and over and over and over...Rex is OUR qb.

To take Rex out now, this deep in the season when so much is on the line would be errant.  For many reasons.

Griese is a backup, and won't hit the field unless Gross-man goes down.  Despite all the piss poor performances, there are some games sandwiched in between that are quite nice...

And that defense is going to keep them in almost all of their games.  That Tampa-2[/i] defense. :)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 06, 2006, 11:46:12 AM

Hasn't that always been the knock on Florida QB's.  You never know if the good one or the horrible one is going to show up.  I'm an SoB fan, but if I'm Lovie Grossman has to play his way out of the job, which, I think, he's close to doing.  One more turd game coupled with a loss and SoB will be under center...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 06, 2006, 01:25:01 PM

Be interesting to see if Bears have everything locked up with regular season games to play if Griese gets any playing time. Lovie could use the excuse of "we just want to rest Rex for the playoffs" excuse and then see what happens. Might add more fuel to the fire, though, if Griese plays well.
Trouble is, in the playoffs you don't get a second chance to correct any mistakes. Bears could be 1 and done and I am soooo looking forward to that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 06, 2006, 02:19:32 PM

One always has to wonder what is up when the ol' vote of confidence is given to the press.  Too many times the vote becomes the boot that kicks one out the door. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 06, 2006, 04:13:49 PM

If Grossman can't string up good games in the playoffs, that Bears team might just end up mirroring the Bucs team of old that gets into the playoffs and not score an offensive TD to save their life.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 06, 2006, 06:04:39 PM

All this talk about Chicago's QB situation makes it suck even more that Griese got cut by us (Never did I think I'd be saying that). When Simms went down, had Griese stepped in, I think we may have been able to win 2 maybe 3 more games than we have so far.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 06, 2006, 06:06:00 PM

It's getting late to make a chance at QB.  Lovie is a lot like Dungy in that he will think any change at QB will be perceived as panic and he wants to always be the steady, low key type.

Griese would be better but he still makes big TO's, usually for points.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All the Rex v. SoB talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools