Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Need Help - Tampa Restaurants « previous next »
Page: 1

wolfet

Pro Bowler
: September 16, 2007, 04:46:26 PM

I grew up in Orlando and live in Chicago so I am not too familiar with Tampa restaurants.  My wife will be attending the UCF game with me next Saturday and the Bucs game next Sunday, so I really want to take her somewhere nice Sunday night to let her know I appreciate a weekend of travel and football for me. 

We are open to pretty much any cuisine, but don't want a chain.  I can take her to Capitol Grille in Chicago or Ruth's Chris in any major city.   Would Bern's be a good place to take her?  We like steak and seafood including sushi.  I probably will not go Italian in Florida. 

Thanks for everyone's help.

BucFanFromWayBack

Practice Squad

#1 : September 16, 2007, 07:05:55 PM

Yeah, Bern's is a safe bet for steak and wine lovers.  I've been there a couple times, and loved it.

And for seafood, it's hard to beat the Lobster Pot on Redington Shores:  http://www.lobsterpotrestaurant.com/

#2 : September 18, 2007, 01:07:17 AM

Landry's Seafood, its right on the water off the Courtney Campbell Causeway. Great food

BucFanFromWayBack

Practice Squad

#3 : September 18, 2007, 03:13:34 PM

landry's is AWFUL!!  i would not go there with anyone i cared about.  seriously.

it's all frozen food.

great location, no doubt.

but the food is bad.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 18, 2007, 09:46:33 PM

Plus Landry's is one of the largest chains around.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 20, 2007, 04:26:13 PM

Take her to the Melting Pot.  Very romantic, great food.

Berns is way overrated and the interior looks like a 14th century french whorehouse.  If you do go there go to the desert/ice cream rooms after, they're the only part that won't be completely underwhelming.

#6 : September 20, 2007, 06:29:24 PM

meh I like Landrys, and I actually suggested it to an out of towner on here a couple years ago and him and his wife loved the place. Melting Pot is great, if you got 2 hours and $100-$150. Well worth it. Berns is great too
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Need Help - Tampa Restaurants « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools