Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, what in the hell happened to the Panthers? « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: September 16, 2007, 07:21:28 PM

Oh my word, that's crazy! You're up 14-0 at home and then surrender 34 points? Damn, I love it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 16, 2007, 07:24:04 PM

I was watching here in Houston with my Texan fan friends. They are still skeptical but very happy
with today's win.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 16, 2007, 07:25:57 PM

How can they not be? I don't mean to bring McKay into this but dude looks awful right now, the Falcons would trade a 1st for Matt right now. Oh well, they have a 2nd round pick. :)

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 16, 2007, 07:40:47 PM

The Panthers offensive line did nothing. Okoye had a BIG game 2 sacks and a forced fumble. The Panthers front 7 did nothing and when the lines don't do well you tend to lose.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

vladin

Starter

#4 : September 16, 2007, 08:25:52 PM

Peppers has been invisible going back to the last few games of last season.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 16, 2007, 09:13:28 PM

the panthers are going to fall off fast

Formerly known as Revis Islander

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 16, 2007, 09:36:54 PM

How can they not be? I don't mean to bring McKay into this but dude looks awful right now, the Falcons would trade a 1st for Matt right now. Oh well, they have a 2nd round pick. :)

Not even the local fishwraps can make him look good now.  But they will try.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 16, 2007, 09:45:18 PM

Trading Schaub ranks right up there with some of the all time GM blunders in NFL history.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 16, 2007, 09:49:44 PM

Trading Schaub ranks right up there with some of the all time GM blunders in NFL history.
and its bitter sweet because it happened to our division rival, now they are  in need with a franchise qb

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#9 : September 16, 2007, 10:43:46 PM

The panthers are always  very flaky so you can't read into their results from any one game. They are capable of putting points, and putting a hurting on any team in the NFL on any given week. However, they are equally capable of falling to below the competition level of their opponents.

P.S. - regarding Julius Peppers. Not to toot my own horn, but I've consistently called him a very overrated player who has major tendencies to disappear. In terms of pass-rush, he compares poorly to the truly dominant guys like Rice in his prime. Here's my proof.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=9486.msg199548#msg199548

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 16, 2007, 10:47:39 PM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.   Back in FA they didn't know they could get out of the Vick contract, so they pretty much had to trade him.

#11 : September 16, 2007, 10:50:09 PM

and its bitter sweet because it happened to our division rival, now they are  in need with a franchise qb

How does that make it "bittersweet?" I don't think that word means what you think it means.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 16, 2007, 11:20:44 PM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.   Back in FA they didn't know they could get out of the Vick contract, so they pretty much had to trade him.

Why did they have to trade him?  Oh because they had no salary cap and overpaid an average running thug QB a $100 million dollar contract 3 years before his rookie contract was up.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, what in the hell happened to the Panthers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools