Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RE: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: November 10, 2006, 04:26:33 PM

Since so many of you fail to understand the thread I made, and skip over my numerous explanations and say "wow Im not a bandwagoner" Or "hey this thread is dumb why arent we talking about our 2-6 Bucs in every thread" or "why do you guys think youre better than me because you were fans longer" or whatever other response you had that clearly missed the point, here is what the point of the thread was...

Well enough people responded including you. I have been a Bucs fan since 96 because I moved down here in 94. I'm a transplant. I don't like being disrespected, which is what seems to be happening on this thread.

Of course some people legitamately became fans from 94-96 for whatever reason. They were only casual fans when the team was bad but still always wished good things on them. They happened to be transplanted here in that time. etc. I have no problem with you people. Fact is you are the minority. The majority of people who became fans in this time, really became fans in 97-98 time frame. And they were living in Tampa for years, rooting for the Giants because they were from New York and pissing on our fans. Or rooting for the Packers, or Eagles, etc. They rooted for those teams, talked to BUcs fans with this holier than thou way about themself. Bashed and laughed at Bucs fans for wearing BUcs jerseys in Tampa bars. Then in 97-98 they became die hards, dropped their old teams, were swept up in the excitement of the city, bought season tickets, and claimed to have either been fans since 95 or fans since 76. Sorry if I offended some of you who dont fit in with these people, but became fans around teh same time. I didnt mean to say that everyone who became a fan then is a bandwagoner. this thread is about them not you. There is a lot more of them then you, and by the numbers there is even a lot more of them lurking around here then those of you who moved here in 96 or whatever.

5 years ago these same peopel were diehard BUcs fans by now, and slammed the Lightning and their fans because they were Philly fans or Ranger fans and walked on water. Yea well now the same old story happened with them when the LIghtning got good

THE SAME thing is happenning to the Rays. And IMO its pathetic and pathetic for out city. If you wnat to keep rooting for your baseball team or dont want to follow the loser Rays religously then just keep it to yourself, wish the hometown team good things and shut your pie hole whenyour around Rays fans because we dot care what you have to say negatively about us or our team.

BucsAddict

Starter

#1 : November 10, 2006, 04:31:10 PM

you need a hobby

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#2 : November 10, 2006, 04:34:47 PM

explain...?

Why judge people on a message board. You dont know who anyone really is. I could be a college kid on a football team, could be a very wealthy man with houses and boats, could be a loser living with my mom without a job. I doubt you would know which I am

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 10, 2006, 05:24:13 PM

I just don't think you, Ronde, or anybody knows who is deep down a good fan and who is just a pretender.  There are people who have been pretender Bucs fans since 76 because they are fans just for show.  Some people's who lives are just for show. It doesn't really have much to do with when they first became a fan. 

Look at that evangelical guy out in Colorado who was the leader of hundreds of evangelical churches and thousands of raving evangelicals and he turns out to be a gay crack head. That goes to show that you never know who is for real and who isn't.   

I don't think its any of our business who are the pretender fans and who are the real fans. Because when it comes down to it we really don't know what is going on in the minds of those people sitting next to us.   Its our job to just be a fan.  That has been my whole point all along.

#4 : November 10, 2006, 05:40:25 PM

Ive never pointed anyone out in particular. My point is their were many, many, many more Buc bashers in '95 then there were Bucs fans or people moving to Tampa just becoming Bucs fans. But now, there is 0, none, zilch, nada, of tehse peopl showing their faces. They blend in with me and you, and I was just pointing out that I know tehse people are out there. And they still show their faces bashing the Devil Rays. Make sthe city look bad. Then again, ALL cities in the south are filled with bandwagon fans.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 10, 2006, 05:56:37 PM

Why judge people on a message board?

Isn't that basically what you are doing?

#6 : November 10, 2006, 07:34:08 PM

Now, go Get a life.

Amen Cardoc.  Folks that cannot come up with something football related resort to ripping fans.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 10, 2006, 07:31:54 PM

You post this after your first thread dies.  You post threads about fans leaving too early for your taste. 
Ok, I give in.  You are the uberest most awsome truetruetrue Buc fan ever.  THere'll never be as devoted a fan as you.  We should all worship the holy fandom of your presence

Now, go Get a life.

T

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 10, 2006, 08:04:11 PM

Who cares what random strangers on a message board think of you? Your not likely to meet any people on here, so whatever personal insults people say to you just ignore them.

#9 : November 10, 2006, 08:22:54 PM

Somewhat disagree T. 

I have met alot of folks from this forum.  Thankfully, the vast majority of them are great people AND great FANS!

#10 : November 10, 2006, 08:23:16 PM

You post this after your first thread dies. You post threads about fans leaving too early for your taste.
Ok, I give in. You are the uberest most awsome truetruetrue Buc fan ever. THere'll never be as devoted a fan as you. We should all worship the holy fandom of your presence

Now, go Get a life.

The first thread didnt die. When I checked teh red board today it was still like one of the top 10. I never made a thread about fans leaving early. You still dont get the point. And no I wasnt judging anyone on this message board, Im speaking about fans of Tampa as a whole and yes that includes people on this board and is relevant to Bucs football

Hey Prefer, it beats your articles. Keep it up though, Im sure they make you feel warm inside.

You're right T, I never shouldve responded to a personal attack. Something I need to work on.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 10, 2006, 10:31:48 PM

I never shouldve responded to a personal attack. Something I need to work on.

I think ALL of us can work on that...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 10, 2006, 11:16:44 PM

Since so many of you fail to understand the thread I made, and skip over my numerous explanations and say "wow Im not a bandwagoner" Or "hey this thread is dumb why arent we talking about our 2-6 Bucs in every thread" or "why do you guys think youre better than me because you were fans longer" or whatever other response you had that clearly missed the point, here is what the point of the thread was...

Well enough people responded including you. I have been a Bucs fan since 96 because I moved down here in 94. I'm a transplant. I don't like being disrespected, which is what seems to be happening on this thread.

Of course some people legitamately became fans from 94-96 for whatever reason. They were only casual fans when the team was bad but still always wished good things on them. They happened to be transplanted here in that time. etc. I have no problem with you people. Fact is you are the minority. The majority of people who became fans in this time, really became fans in 97-98 time frame. And they were living in Tampa for years, rooting for the Giants because they were from New York and pissing on our fans. Or rooting for the Packers, or Eagles, etc. They rooted for those teams, talked to BUcs fans with this holier than thou way about themself. Bashed and laughed at Bucs fans for wearing BUcs jerseys in Tampa bars. Then in 97-98 they became die hards, dropped their old teams, were swept up in the excitement of the city, bought season tickets, and claimed to have either been fans since 95 or fans since 76. Sorry if I offended some of you who dont fit in with these people, but became fans around teh same time. I didnt mean to say that everyone who became a fan then is a bandwagoner. this thread is about them not you. There is a lot more of them then you, and by the numbers there is even a lot more of them lurking around here then those of you who moved here in 96 or whatever.

5 years ago these same peopel were diehard BUcs fans by now, and slammed the Lightning and their fans because they were Philly fans or Ranger fans and walked on water. Yea well now the same old story happened with them when the LIghtning got good

THE SAME thing is happenning to the Rays. And IMO its pathetic and pathetic for out city. If you wnat to keep rooting for your baseball team or dont want to follow the loser Rays religously then just keep it to yourself, wish the hometown team good things and shut your pie hole whenyour around Rays fans because we dot care what you have to say negatively about us or our team.

Being a fan since 96 isn't exactly bandwagon....it's not like the Bucs were a great team back then.  They were barely playoff contenders.  I've been a fan since 94, but that makes me no less rabid than any other "real" fan.  I was a die hard Oiler fan.  Then the bastards moved to Tenn.  I was living in FL at the time and was big into local college ball.  When I turned on a Buc game and saw Brooks (FSU), Anthony (UF), Green (UF), Dunn (FSU) and Sapp (Miami) I was like "cool, I know all these cats". I've been a fan ever since.

Now, the jackasses that became fans after the SB and now hide their Buc gear (or worse, replace it with Steeler gear) turn my stomach, personally.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 11, 2006, 12:05:20 AM

You post this after your first thread dies. You post threads about fans leaving too early for your taste.
Ok, I give in. You are the uberest most awsome truetruetrue Buc fan ever. THere'll never be as devoted a fan as you. We should all worship the holy fandom of your presence

Now, go Get a life.

The first thread didnt die. When I checked teh red board today it was still like one of the top 10. I never made a thread about fans leaving early. You still dont get the point. And no I wasnt judging anyone on this message board, Im speaking about fans of Tampa as a whole and yes that includes people on this board and is relevant to Bucs football

Hey Prefer, it beats your articles. Keep it up though, Im sure they make you feel warm inside.

You're right T, I never shouldve responded to a personal attack. Something I need to work on.
Kinda ironic since you've felt free to launch personal attacks on me before, among other's you've attacked.  Get off your horse.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : November 11, 2006, 12:50:26 PM

I agree. Back in the early 90s when I was a young kid I would go into sports bars in New Port Richey with my dad on Sundays and he would have on his orange Erricht Rhett or Derrick Brooks jersey and people would laugh and joke on him. NOBODY in the entire bar would have a BUcs jersey on. Now when I go in the same bars everyone is a Bucs fan. My dads been a Bucs fan since he moved down here from New York in 1985. I know he was a Buffalo fan before that but I cant recall any memories of him rooting passionately for the Bills when I was a kid inTampa. Im so glad he raised me as a fan of all Tampa teams, wouldnt have had the same childhood if it wasnt for it.

For some reason there seems to be 2 kinds of Bucs fans. Those who were fans since '76 and those who were fans since 2-3 years before the Bucs got out of their 15 year slump, nothing in between. Im not buying it
Discrepancy!!!! Early '90's=1990-1993. Mid '90's=1994-1996. Late '90's=1997-1999. Errict Rhett drafted in 1994. Brooks drafted 1995. How did your dad wear a Rhett or Brooks jersey in the early '90's? Not to mention, you misspelled Rhett's first name. Sounds like a bandwagoner posing.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RE: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools