Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young Red Sox fan ask for autograph from a Yankee! Classic outcome! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
: September 17, 2007, 11:43:54 AM

Check out the picture on the website, classic! :D

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1031894

Talk about sore winners.

Griffin Whitman, a 10-year-old Red Sox [team stats] fan from Swampscott, was excited to attend his first Yankees vs. Red Sox game Friday night. The young autograph -collector was even more thrilled to score Yankees outfielder Shelley Duncan’s signature before the game. That is, until Griffin read the message from the 27-year-old rookie: “Red Sox suck! Shelley Duncan.”

“It was cool to get his autograph,” Griffin said. “It didn’t make me feel happy when he wrote that.”

Griffin’s mother, Karen, blasted the Yankees slugger’s bad manners.

“This is someone who wears the Yankee uniform and is on the payroll and should be setting an example for 10-year-olds,” she said.

Duncan, son of St. Louis Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, has become a fan favorite in the Bronx for hitting mammoth home runs since he was called up from the minors in July.

Yesterday afternoon, a Yankee spokesman declined to comment until he got a chance to speak to Duncan.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 17, 2007, 12:05:48 PM

Not cool.  BUt if he did that to an adult, it would have been hillarious.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 17, 2007, 12:52:14 PM

He didn't say anything bad to the kid, just said his favorite team sucks.  You don't think a 10 year old kid has never said suck before?  Right right.  Im sure he has never said the Yankees suck being a red sox fan, right right.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : September 17, 2007, 01:00:55 PM

I'm sure Duncan was tired of hearing "Yankees Suck"  while standing in the outfield at Fenway. This was his payback.  Kid needs to get a sense of humor - so does his mother.

#4 : September 17, 2007, 08:08:26 PM

they're making a big deal out of nothing. The Yank simply wrote something that 10 year olds say all the time " You Suck". Plain & Simple.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 17, 2007, 08:18:47 PM

If fact, the autograph is more personalized  - and also would go for more $$$$ on ebay, if sold.  Kid should be happy.

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 17, 2007, 11:52:32 PM

Whats wrong witht hat? A personalized autograph!! Red Sox fans are the worst and deserve stuff like this to happen to them. Why do Red Sox fans act like they have as many Championships as the Yankees do? Why would the kid want a Yankee autograph anyway? I guess B does stand for Bandwagon in Boston.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 19, 2007, 02:28:13 PM

LMAO

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 19, 2007, 04:25:01 PM

That will be real valuable after Duncan goes to Boston in FA or a trade.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 19, 2007, 04:49:06 PM

Not cool.  BUt if he did that to an adult, it would have been hillarious.
If was an adult it wouldn't have been a story.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 20, 2007, 04:09:36 PM

Classic!

ANd that one autograph will be worth more than almost any other players from this year because of the story attached.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 21, 2007, 11:49:18 AM

Plus, it really does look like the Bosox Sux - as the Yankees are showing.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 22, 2007, 09:10:46 AM

Shelly Duncan doesnt lie.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 22, 2007, 11:18:39 AM

That's pretty cool.  I like that and see nothing wrong with it.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 22, 2007, 11:20:26 AM

Looking at this kid, the kid's lucky the guy didn't add "lose weight - tubby.   you're a kid for christ sakes.  imagine how fat you'll be when you get older."

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young Red Sox fan ask for autograph from a Yankee! Classic outcome! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools