Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Buenning back in the line up. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
: November 11, 2006, 01:20:32 AM

I sure hope this is true.  Good news has been hard to come by lately. Caddy will be a happy man.

From the Tampa Tribune:

"BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN? The Bucs' struggling running game may get a much-needed boost Monday. If he checks out healthy before the game, ailing LG Dan Buenning may see significant playing time against the Panthers.

A high ankle sprain has kept Buenning on the sideline for the past several weeks. Sean Mahan has played in Buenning's absence, but the Bucs have always felt Buenning is their best option at left guard - if healthy.

A year ago, the Bucs ran almost exclusively to the left side, behind Buenning and LT Anthony Davis. While taking that approach, RB Cadillac Williams ran into the record book and was named rookie of the year."

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 11, 2006, 01:31:11 AM

It is a Monday Night game.  BUenning is probably still hurt, but wants to play because of the high visibility the game offers.

If his ankle was hurt that bad earlier, as to earn him a spot on the bench, I highly doubt he is ready to go this week...

Just my opinion, but I think a MOnday night game makes his recovery time decrease.  Not saying he is a chump, because he isn't.  But if he is severely dinged up, as some posters have been claiming he is, no need to rush him back, espescially considering this season is in the tank already.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 11, 2006, 02:28:30 PM

People arent' "claiming he's dinged" Boid, thats the word from PR and Gruden too.  Wouldn't call it a "claim" at this point.

And you make it sound like he didn't want to play but does now that it's a nat'l game...from all reports he wanted to play every week and wasn't allowed...

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 11, 2006, 03:21:05 PM

It has been 8 wks since the injury and should be significantly better. Lets hope so. Maybe Stovall gets a start also

#4 : November 11, 2006, 03:29:30 PM

Maybe Stovall gets a start also
I doubt Stovall plays at all this year.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 11, 2006, 03:43:47 PM

IIRC, Stoval has already been in 1 game.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 11, 2006, 04:01:09 PM

Just my opinion, but I think a MOnday night game makes his recovery time decrease. Not saying he is a chump, because he isn't. But if he is severely dinged up, as some posters have been claiming he is, no need to rush him back, espescially considering this season is in the tank already.
Why not just sit everybody and play all the scrubs then?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 11, 2006, 04:03:21 PM

Itch,

Agree. Why not?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#8 : November 11, 2006, 04:05:11 PM

Because the Bucs are paid to win games, and if you're just playing all scrubs it's like giving up from the beginning. Why waste the fans' and the opposition's time if you do that?

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#9 : November 11, 2006, 04:15:00 PM

buenning not a scrub and playing stoval in certain situations might add a dimension to the offense

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 11, 2006, 08:05:37 PM

If Buenning is back.....YES! NO MORE SEAN MAHAN!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#11 : November 11, 2006, 08:21:04 PM

Well, if he plays than that means we'll have our best O-line all year.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#12 : November 11, 2006, 08:27:28 PM

Maybe Stovall gets a start also
I doubt Stovall plays at all this year.

(Jon Gruden On Maurice Stovall’s status) :

“He’s doing good. He’s going to be active, I think, Monday night. He’s had a back injury. He hurt his back and he’s been out for a few weeks but I think he’s ready to go. We’ll throw him in there a little bit and see how he likes this league.”

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

Aric

Starter

#13 : November 11, 2006, 08:29:31 PM

God I really hope Buenning is healthy and plays the whole game. I liked Mahan when he played center for us that year Wade went down. I think he was a rook right? Watching him play guard has made me almost hate him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 11, 2006, 11:20:16 PM

People arent' "claiming he's dinged" Boid, thats the word from PR and Gruden too. Wouldn't call it a "claim" at this point.

And you make it sound like he didn't want to play but does now that it's a nat'l game...from all reports he wanted to play every week and wasn't allowed...

Do you even read the threads?  Buenning is hurt, and that was the reason he did not play.  Wether he claimed it or not, the people at this board have, and some of them have decent connections for info.  Why else would Buenning not play?  His injury must have been pretty severe if Mahan was taking his place.  I never said he was a chump, but the allure of a Monday night game is a lot for the athletes out there.  And I know he has wanted to play, but if he is still dinged up, let him heeal completely.  The season is a wash anyway.

If he is all better, good. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Buenning back in the line up. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools