Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who will fill Alstott's shoes? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 13, 2006, 06:51:59 AM

Alstott still has 4-5 good years left.   

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 12, 2006, 08:19:49 AM

Maurice Clarett is available, I've heard.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 12, 2006, 08:25:39 AM

what happened to rick rizzano?

watson

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 12, 2006, 08:34:30 AM

Seriously, #42 (I think) the Gator FB looked good blocking last night.  I've not seen him play....or at least not watched him....much so I don't know what the prospects for him are.  He was singled out by the commentators last night for doing a great job of sealing the end on sweeps and one of the commentators said if he was the RB he would be following him on every play since he was blowing holes open for the running game.  Again, I've not seen much of him this year, but he looked good last night.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 12, 2006, 09:12:26 AM

Well it would be really hard to fill the shoes of a washed up FB who can't block and now gets blown backwards on 1 yard runs.

Maybe Ron Dayne would be a good fit?

exactly.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#20 : November 12, 2006, 09:17:20 PM

An assinine thread by someone who posted 4 times. Hmmmmm.... what does that make me think of?

Bowl?
Roll?

can't put my finger on it...

how about this, just because someone has posted a small number of times does not know what they are talking about...think of this, every time Tebow gets in, he is used  as some sort of sneak to rush the ball, he blows people over, and if he would be placed in that position and coached for it, he could be even better...he does find the hole which is what is needed...

and I know he is a freshman QB, but in 2 years he will be a junior, he could be redshirted and eligible for the draft, given that he runs the 40 in under 5.0 he is a good option ...

I know there are tons of other options many of which probably are better fit for the role, but the way I see it, Gruden's play book calls for a versitile type of person, I think someone who can rush or pass if they needed him to could fill in 3-4 plays...look at one of the touchdown passes in the superbowl last year by Randel El, who is a WR if im not mistaken, and it completely threw off the defense and scored a touchdown.........which we arent doing right now anyways...

to the rest of you, this was a simple post to discuss options for a running game, all I read is how we need to get it going, and I dont see Alstott going in maybe because he is older worn down and just wants to make it through the rest of this season...hell I dont know, but truth is we need someone backing Cadillac up...someone to the tune of Alstott or the Bus was to pittsburgh...

here is a far fetched one, lets take Brian Urlacher from Chicago and put him in a FB position???

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#21 : November 12, 2006, 09:26:18 PM

...the way I see it, Gruden's play book calls for a versitile type of person, I think someone who can rush or pass if they needed him to could fill in 3-4 plays...

No, Gruden's playbook calls for the fullback to be a lead blocker and nothing more.

#22 : November 12, 2006, 10:32:21 PM

Billy Latsko is the Florida FB who I have been calling for since about a month ago.

TDTB

Second String

#23 : November 12, 2006, 10:50:32 PM

Billy Latsko is the Florida FB who I have been calling for since about a month ago.
He could be a good true FB, but he'll never be a good runner.

Honestly if we're gonna put the future on Caddy we need a quality true FB, not another Alstott.

gousfbulls

Starter

#24 : November 12, 2006, 10:57:02 PM

The kid from Rutgers?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 13, 2006, 03:44:09 PM

i don't recall alstott making a big play since his 44 or so yard catch and run vs the saints on MNF in 2002.

kapsta

Rookie

#26 : November 13, 2006, 05:31:39 PM

i don't recall alstott making a big play since his 44 or so yard catch and run vs the saints on MNF in 2002.

I am not one of those rah rah Alstott guys but come on

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TWt-YMbucy8
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who will fill Alstott's shoes? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools