Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edell Shepherd dropped... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 11, 2006, 04:16:55 PM

It was a pretty important drop

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 11, 2006, 05:40:22 PM

If the Bucs lose against Carolina I would cut Hilliard and sign Edell. Nothing against Hilliard but this will be his last year with the Bucs. Sheperd knows the system. Find out if he can develop any chemistry with Grads.

I fail to see why Hilliard should be cut. He is probably are most consistent WR.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 11, 2006, 05:42:08 PM

IMO, Hilliard stays. he's played well.

Get rid of Jones.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 11, 2006, 07:02:19 PM

Nothing against Hilliard but this will be his last year with the Bucs. 

it will  ???  Is that why they signed him to a 4-year deal a few months ago.  He is nearly five years younger than Joey, no way this is his last year in Tampa.

2006 710000.00
2007 900000.00
2008 1000000.00
2009 1000000.00

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 11, 2006, 07:36:02 PM

What was the signing bonus?

I don't know.  In the last four games he has caught 3 passes for 20 yards and 3 fumbles.  If Mark Jones did that people would be raising money for his one way plane ticket out of town.  If the Bucs are out of it, why keep him?

I don't see how Stovall will get in the mix with Hilliard still here. We might as well try to work Stovall into the offense for the rest of the year.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#20 : November 11, 2006, 08:19:51 PM

I would not want to get rid of Ike.  He seems like he's the only guy that can hang onto the ball.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 11, 2006, 11:18:28 PM

Don't cut Jones until he breaks one...he is dangerous

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 12, 2006, 08:29:02 AM

I don't know.  In the last four games he has caught 3 passes for 20 yards and 3 fumbles.  If Mark Jones did that people would be raising money for his one way plane ticket out of town.  If the Bucs are out of it, why keep him?

I don't see how Stovall will get in the mix with Hilliard still here. We might as well try to work Stovall into the offense for the rest of the year.

I am the President of the Ike Hilliard club but I will have to sadly agree with you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 12, 2006, 08:31:51 AM

I don't know. In the last four games he has caught 3 passes for 20 yards and 3 fumbles. If Mark Jones did that people would be raising money for his one way plane ticket out of town. If the Bucs are out of it, why keep him?

I am the President of the Ike Hilliard club but I will have to sadly agree with you.
Stovall should be playing in Claytons spot.

It isn't Ike who is having problems.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 12, 2006, 08:36:37 AM

I don't know. In the last four games he has caught 3 passes for 20 yards and 3 fumbles. If Mark Jones did that people would be raising money for his one way plane ticket out of town. If the Bucs are out of it, why keep him?

Stovall should be playing in Claytons spot.

It isn't Ike who is having problems.

I do not really agree with that.  Clayton is catching a lot more balls last year compared to this year (he is on pace to nearly double his production from last year).  Ike has been clutch on third downs but Clayton at times has shown he can be clutch as well (Philly and Cinci games).  Last week it was not his fault though as it was Grad's fault as he was wide open and the week before he was unable to protect the football against the Giants.

What I am saying is Clayton is showing improvement while Ike is what he is.  Stovall has the upside you look for and needs to see the field.  With that all said Ike for Prez on third down passing situations.  ;)

watson

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 12, 2006, 08:38:53 AM

Shepherd had the one big catch against the Redskins during the season last year.  Other than that, what has he done?  What makes him so valuable that the Bucs need him back?  He was in the system for a number of years and never did anything to distinguish himself.....what has changed?  What is going to make him so much better now?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edell Shepherd dropped... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools