Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No free speech at University of Florida « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19

: October 25, 2007, 10:23:07 PM

The kid deserves to be tased again, just to piss Illuminator off...hehehe...

I would tase him just to tase him.  The guy is annoying.

Go ahead, tase him all you want. It wouldn't bother me a bit, the guy is a jackass.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2007, 05:17:41 PM

I'd make him dance like a marionette ....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2007, 05:08:20 PM

http://www.janes.com/news/lawenforcement/pr/pr071011_1_n.shtml

Officer injured in Taser demonstration

11 October 2007

A police officer in the US who volunteered to be the subject of a Taser demonstration has suffered possibly lasting damage, including spine fractures after receiving a five-second discharge, according to a respected medical journal.

The 38-year-old victim was rushed by ambulance to hospital where a scan showed he suffered compression fractures in his spine caused by muscle spasms triggered by being Tasered in a training class.

Nine weeks after his injury he has continued to report significant pain.

The officer's doctor, James Winslow, MD, of Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina said: 'In this case, the pain continued for a long time, leading the patient to reduce his work hours significantly.'

The case has now entered medical literature after being written up in the eminent American College of Emergency Physicians journal which released the details.

Supt Charlie Hill, staff officer to the ACPO police use of firearms working group, said the case underlined the need to move with caution until more can be discovered about the potential side effects of using Tasers.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 24, 2007, 05:08:11 PM

Drunken sorority girls do not deserve to be Tazed.

Taze their dates, but for the girls, spankings.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 24, 2007, 04:56:42 PM

I would tase him just to tase him. The guy is annoying.

Maybe if these students were tased they wouldn't have acted like such hooligans. :D

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/oct/24/columbia-restaurant-complains-about-uf-sorority/?news-breaking

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 24, 2007, 04:59:52 PM

TASE EM ALL!  LET ILLUMINATOR SORT THEM OUT!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 24, 2007, 04:53:53 PM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 24, 2007, 02:38:28 PM

FDLE clears police.  Two on administrative leave have been reinstated.  No word from State Attorney's office on charges against Meyer yet.

http://www.wftv.com/news/14413428/detail.html

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 18, 2007, 11:14:19 AM

He did NOT start to walk away from the mike. He turned around questioning why his mike was turned off

He questioned why his mike was turned off? You sure about that?

Might want to watch it again.

What really happened was he sarcastically said, "Thank you for cutting my mic. Thank you."
And then took a step away from the mic. But they grabbed him immediately.

Doesn't excuse his resisting but it shows how people (including me) can see/hear something
that is not there.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#9 : September 18, 2007, 11:13:40 AM

Absolute over reaction by the cops.

I see six cops and one student on the ground, if he doesn't acquiesce to the taser what's next a .44 magnum to the back of the head?

Poorly trained cops escalated this situation and used excessive force. There was a time cops could communicate verbally and resolve incidents like this, now so many are  just trigger happy taser monkeys. Disgraceful.

"He turned around questioning why his mike was turned off "....OH THE HORROR!

True.  I have a friend on a police force in NC and he trains police men and women.   If he gets his hands on you, you will comply - QUICKLY. 

#10 : September 18, 2007, 11:07:07 AM

Absolute over reaction by the cops.

I see six cops and one student on the ground, if he doesn't acquiesce to the taser what's next a .44 magnum to the back of the head?

Poorly trained cops escalated this situation and used excessive force. There was a time cops could communicate verbally and resolve incidents like this, now so many are  just trigger happy taser monkeys. Disgraceful.

"He turned around questioning why his mike was turned off "....OH THE HORROR!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 18, 2007, 11:06:31 AM

I won't argue the resisting part. Obviously, he did resist. But the way I see it, he was about to
walk away or listen to Kerry answer his questions. You see it differently. Oh well.

I still think it's pretty sad that 6 officers (one of them was rather large) can't put cuffs on a
struggling college kid. They need to go back for some training.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 18, 2007, 10:49:17 AM

At the very beginning, the kid started to walk away from the podium and the cops grabbed
him. This could have been avoided.

He did NOT start to walk away from the mike. He turned around questioning why his mike was turned off and then the officers tried to walk him away and out. Once he started to resist and pull away from them, all bets are off. He got exactly what he deserved...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 18, 2007, 10:25:47 AM

Amazing how that many (6) officers can't put cuffs on the kid. So they have to resort to a taser?
But the kid seemed to recover very quickly from the taser. I guess they backed down on
the voltage. One of these days, they'll be enough people at an event who won't put up
up which such an overreaction and they'll overpower the cops.

At the very beginning, the kid started to walk away from the podium and the cops grabbed
him. This could have been avoided.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 18, 2007, 04:02:02 AM

A Taser incident occured at the University of Florida during a speech by Senator John Kerry.

These need to ban these tasers... they are being abused far too often.

And you think you live in a free country? Think again....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No free speech at University of Florida « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools