Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No free speech at University of Florida « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

#270 : September 26, 2007, 11:27:17 AM

He screamed and cried like a little dog who got their doll taken away. He was told to stop resisting, and did not comply. It was time for a zapping.

Yes, the 'parent' state must discipline their 'children.' Don't worry though, they know what's best for us.

I love the blatant attempt at skewing.

The kid deserved to be tased.

But you live in gumdrop lollypop land, where all people are good and fair, where all travails are squashed with kind words and haiku.

Gimme a break.  The Glorious Revolution is an oddity, not the standard...

Miyagi said "He cried like a little 'b' who got their doll taken away. He was told to stop resisting, and did not comply." I likened that to a parent disciplining their child; not exactly a big stretch, is it? You then started talking about haiku and the "Glorious Revolution."

When I quoted Jethro Tull's song about how people are pressured to conform and move away from independent thought, you started babbling about "Mother Russia."

Now which one of us is doing the "blatant skewing?" Gumdrop lollypop land, indeed.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#271 : September 26, 2007, 10:01:00 PM

Just to update you on this story....

The University of Florida said today that they will NOT discipline Andrew Meyer in this incident. Two of the officers are still on administrative leave pending the outcome of an FDLE investigation.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#272 : September 27, 2007, 12:24:58 PM

Just to update you on this story....

The University of Florida said today that they will NOT discipline Andrew Meyer in this incident.

Good call ..... I think just being Andrew Meyer for the rest of his life is punishment enough.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#273 : September 28, 2007, 01:55:55 AM

Hehheh

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#274 : September 30, 2007, 04:29:40 AM

What a wuss.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#275 : October 26, 2007, 07:12:04 AM

Drunken sorority girls do not deserve to be Tazed.

Taze their dates, but for the girls, spankings.

MAN LAW!!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#276 : October 26, 2007, 01:40:11 PM

http://www.janes.com/news/lawenforcement/pr/pr071011_1_n.shtml

Officer injured in Taser demonstration

11 October 2007

A police officer in the US who volunteered to be the subject of a Taser demonstration has suffered possibly lasting damage, including spine fractures after receiving a five-second discharge, according to a respected medical journal.

The 38-year-old victim was rushed by ambulance to hospital where a scan showed he suffered compression fractures in his spine caused by muscle spasms triggered by being Tasered in a training class.

Nine weeks after his injury he has continued to report significant pain.

The officer's doctor, James Winslow, MD, of Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina said: 'In this case, the pain continued for a long time, leading the patient to reduce his work hours significantly.'

The case has now entered medical literature after being written up in the eminent American College of Emergency Physicians journal which released the details.

Supt Charlie Hill, staff officer to the ACPO police use of firearms working group, said the case underlined the need to move with caution until more can be discovered about the potential side effects of using Tasers.

Many officers feel that the Taser allows them an alternative to leathal force. The chances are much higher that you'll survive being Tased than if you are shot.

Lets not confuse the issue. Law enforcement officers must have a deterrent to maintain order, stop rioits, stop fights, basically stop bad guys from being bad. If you take away the Taser then they have a night stick/billyclub and handgun. Both of those options offer potentially longer term damage than a Taser has in daily use. It is enough of a detterent that criminals do not want to be tased (ala the new mantra - "don't taze me Bro..."). If bad guys don't want it, then it makes sense to me to allow law enforcement to use it.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#277 : October 26, 2007, 04:56:42 PM

Not only that, but if the "bad" guys do not want to be tased they could always follow the directions on the law enforcement.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#278 : October 26, 2007, 10:16:50 PM

I would love to own a taser.  I would sleep better knowing that I could tase everything, anyone.

Sigh.

jimbobuc

Second String

#279 : October 31, 2007, 07:06:24 AM

Here's an update on this story. Interesting......

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/31/State/Tasered_student_is_so.shtml

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#280 : October 31, 2007, 02:23:46 PM

I thought he would sue and settle for some cash. Looks like I'm wrong there.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#281 : October 31, 2007, 02:45:30 PM

I thought he would sue and settle for some cash. Looks like I'm wrong there.
Thank God.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#282 : October 31, 2007, 03:10:33 PM

He was supposed to be on Larry King/Cnn recently. Turned out to be a publicity stunt on his part, from what I read.

One more reason why this country needs mandatory military service.  Bro needs to learn some manners and respect.
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No free speech at University of Florida « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools