Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 18, 2007, 12:09:11 PM

how many times has he pulled this line now? it's getting old, hes just upset that he's lost a step since his knee injury and hes not the same qb he was. the race thing has absolutely nothing to do with it...i never heard warren moon complain, or steve mcnair complain, or how about doug williams, or byron leftwhich, or randall cunningham none of them complain about fans or the media being critical of them. mcnabb is just a whiner and he's been nothing without T.O.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 18, 2007, 12:09:50 PM

white guys can only get halfway into the backfield as FBs. the back of the bus belongs to the black man.

maybe leonard should hang out with eminem and justin for a while if he wants to be a tailback.

#17 : September 18, 2007, 12:13:22 PM

What he is saying is true. Go to Philadelphia and tell me what the people there say.
McNabb is a great QB, by the way, and I would be just as happy to have him as I would to have Palmer.
I think that has more to do with Philly fans being jerks than it does McNabb being black
They're bigger jerks because he IS black.

These are the same assclowns that throw snowballs at Santa and batteries at the Easter Bunny (neither of which is black to my knowledge).  They're the biggest jerks they can be, regardless of race. If McNabb is starting to feel sorry for himself and make excuses, it's the beginning of the end for him.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 18, 2007, 12:21:28 PM

This is like a toothbrush claiming that it has the worst job in the world, right in front of a roll of toilet paper.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 18, 2007, 01:02:24 PM

What he is saying is true. Go to Philadelphia and tell me what the people there say.

McNabb is a great QB, by the way, and I would be just as happy to have him as I would to have Palmer.

It's not true, if McNabb plays well he gets the love, if he turds it he gets killed, the same with EVERY player. If Garcia sucked last year they would have beat him down.

The more stories with McNabb I read the less I like him. He's always pulling this garbage.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 18, 2007, 01:04:57 PM

You are absolutely clueless if you think McNabb is as good as Carson Palmer.  Are you from Philly or his hometown or something?  Why are you so hooked on McNabb?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 18, 2007, 01:06:25 PM

Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

ROFLMAO

Note to McStupid ~ When people stop highlighting the race issue it will no longer be an issue.   ;)

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 18, 2007, 02:43:28 PM

It's not true, if McNabb plays well he gets the love, if he turds it he gets killed, the same with EVERY player. If Garcia sucked last year they would have beat him down.

The more stories with McNabb I read the less I like him. He's always pulling this garbage.

And Garcia is the fuel behind this latest racial rant from McNabb. He is bitter about all the praise Garcia was getting last year as a white QB, and about all the bashing he is taking this year as a black QB. He fails to look past his own terrible play and wants to blame it all on race. And whoever said they would be as happy with McNabb as they would with Palmer should be banned from this board for eternity.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 18, 2007, 02:56:18 PM

I think black QBs are under less pressure... who do you have a better chance to sack when they're running for the first down? McNabb or Manning?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 18, 2007, 02:57:54 PM

Another zinger....I love it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 18, 2007, 03:02:07 PM

I think black QBs are under less pressure... who do you have a better chance to sack when they're running for the first down? McNabb or Manning?

Are you insinuating that black QBs are more likely to be "mobile" vs "pocket passers"?  I believe that statistically mobile QBs take more sacks than pocket passers.

LtFox

Starter

#26 : September 18, 2007, 04:18:46 PM

The Jets fans cheered when Pennington got hurt. Eli has gotten more criticism than McNabb could dream of. How many national media outlets have lambasted Grossman?

Every bit of criticism he refers to has been said about EVERY QB. It's called being in the spotlight.

Palmer and Manning get less criticism because THEY ARE BETTER.

Also, QBs in Philly, Boston, and NY are going to be under a brighter spotlight than QBs in Cincy or Indy, just like A-Rod get more criticism in NY than he did out west.

Race is not an issue.  That's my opinion.

Your opinion is fact as far as I am concerned. McNabb gets no more criticism than any other QB (black or white). Eli was a great example. Some markets, Philly being the most extreme, are hard on ANYONE that isn't playing well. McNabb is feeling insecure because the Eagles drafted a QB in 2nd round- unexpectedly, T.O. accused him of "choking" in the Super Bowl, and he has been labeled as "injury prone". None of those issues have anything to do with being black so I am not sure what the heck McNabb is talking about. Oh....and yes...Peyton and Palmer get less criticism because they are GREAT!!! Carson threw for 6 TDs this Sunday (albeit in a losing effort) and Indianapolis is undefeated and defending champs.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#27 : September 18, 2007, 04:39:47 PM

You are absolutely clueless if you think McNabb is as good as Carson Palmer.  Are you from Philly or his hometown or something?  Why are you so hooked on McNabb?

Clueless? No. From the Philadelphia area? Yes.

I hate the Eagles more than anybody but have always given credit where credit is due and I think McNabb fits the mold. He has accomplished more with way less than Palmer. Palmer has two exceptional WRs in Chad Johnson and TJ. McNabb has...

When he had TO he was excellent. He worked well with Stallworth. I would be just as content with McNabb as I would be with Palmer. The only thing is that Palmer has more time to play because he is younger.

Now as far as the whole race thing goes, not all Eagles fans do this but a large percentage of them will say not that McNabb sucks, but rather he sucks because no black QB can get it done in the NFL. I've heard it with my own ears a million times. If that doesn't put more pressure on a black QB to succeed, I don't know what does.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 18, 2007, 04:41:33 PM

I assume McNabb did this interview before his Stellar performance on MNF.  Because the timing of this after that melt-down really makes him look stupid.

Age is a much bigger factor when it comes to QB criticism. Favre has gotten plenty of grief for sticking around, and Garcia has been unfairly called a noodle arm just because of their age. Last night, McNabb looked bad for a 60 year old.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 18, 2007, 04:46:46 PM

I assume McNabb did this interview before his Stellar performance on MNF.  Because the timing of this after that melt-down really makes him look stupid.

Age is a much bigger factor when it comes to QB criticism. Favre has gotten plenty of grief for sticking around, and Garcia has been unfairly called a noodle arm just because of their age. Last night, McNabb looked bad for a 60 year old.

McNabb got little help last night, but when the game was on the line he did have the potential game-tying score right in front of him and he blew it. The coach made the right call, the players executed it well, and when it was in McNabb's hands, he couldn't get the job done.

I've never been enamored with McNabb because, while he does a lot of good stuff, I've never considered him a QB you can count on in the clutch. He just makes too many mistakes at inopportune times, IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools