Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

T

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 18, 2007, 04:52:43 PM

It's not about the color of your skin it's the quality of your play and onfield performance. I don't care if the Bucs QB is a Martian, He/she better just make good reads and lead the team to a TD and victory!!!

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#31 : September 18, 2007, 05:36:57 PM

garcia looked like he was from another planet on sunday.

#32 : September 18, 2007, 05:52:37 PM

And whoever said they would be as happy with McNabb as they would with Palmer should be banned from this board for eternity.

I second that statement.

As for McNabb, his insecurities are getting the best of him. Garcia's success started it and the drafting of Kolb added fuel to the fire. Throw in the fact that he's playing like "ish", it the beginning of the end for him in Philly.

There are plenty of racial issues in society but IMO, this isn't one of them. Shame on McNabb.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 18, 2007, 05:58:23 PM

pathetic at best. love when race is blamed instead your own ability. awesome.

captaindabblin

Second String

#34 : September 18, 2007, 06:03:09 PM

"You either feel pressure, or you apply it"

LtFox

Starter

#35 : September 18, 2007, 06:50:03 PM

"You either feel pressure, or you apply it"

I had forgotten that one.....good line

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 18, 2007, 06:52:56 PM

I think black QBs are under less pressure... who do you have a better chance to sack when they're running for the first down? McNabb or Manning?

Are you insinuating that black QBs are more likely to be "mobile" vs "pocket passers"?  I believe that statistically mobile QBs take more sacks than pocket passers.
Which is easier for YOU to sack.... hehe

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 18, 2007, 06:56:35 PM

I think black QBs are under less pressure... who do you have a better chance to sack when they're running for the first down? McNabb or Manning?

Neither, if they're running for the first down, it is too late to get the sack.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 18, 2007, 07:03:41 PM

Neither, if they're running for the first down, it is too late to get the sack.
4 and inches... 5 yards deep... you gotta go 5 yards...

sigh... okay who would you rather take on in a footrace than?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 18, 2007, 07:10:12 PM

Manning doesn't run, he gets rid of the ball. 

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 18, 2007, 07:13:09 PM

Not in a footrace...

Messing with me while i have a headache isnt a good idea... But i'll let it slide cuz I like your squirrel

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 18, 2007, 07:23:24 PM

The good pocket passers get sacked less than the scramblers. Marino was as mobile as a glacier, but was also rarely sacked.

... But i'll let it slide cuz I like your squirrel

OK, that statement creeps me out a little. ;)

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 18, 2007, 07:29:26 PM

The good pocket passers get sacked less than the scramblers. Marino was as mobile as a glacier, but was also rarely sacked.

... But i'll let it slide cuz I like your squirrel

OK, that statement creeps me out a little. ;)

True, but I'll watch Vince Young and McNabb... See how the new generation of scambler works...

Well I hope you're not thinking of Ron White's comedy thing where he met "squirrel man" on the cruise... Funniest white guy I've ever watched... and he's always half drunk lmao

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 18, 2007, 08:08:59 PM

Anyone got a new deck because I am tired of seeing these same old cards being played...Time for a new deck and dealer...OBD

C2asante

Starter

#44 : September 18, 2007, 08:19:12 PM

You can delete the word quaterback and replace it with Black anything and the statement would be just as true.  We certainly can not use race as an excuse for mediocrity but anyone who does not think race is still a factor in the United States be it in sports or any profession simply lacks the ability to understand and empathize with that which does not directly affect them.   Blacks have made more inroads in sports than they have in the workplace at large and the fact that it is still the exception to have a Black person in a leadership position like QB, coach, GM, etc. is all you need to observe to know we as a society have a long way to go as far as being colorblind, inside and outside of athletics.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools